Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

Game pass, the only and best option. And you can get it for about 50 quid for a year on cdkeys.com.

Seriously you cannot go wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Game Pass has to be the best thing in years. I was sceptical when I first heard about it but I bought on day one as I wanted to play Sea of Thieves.

Now I have a subscription until the middle to end of 2020 :D

Salt and Sanctuary coming to Xbox next month, well worth a look if you like dark souls / metroidvania type games.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Salt and Sanctuary coming to Xbox next month, well worth a look if you like dark souls / metroidvania type games.

Ooooooooh yes please!!! :D

That looks great. Will be giving it a go for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Nothing like the feeling when you beat a boss and see "Vanquished" on the screen :D

qlwtxemsflhugzjvw4ww.jpg

Only for EA Access users though yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

No. Currently downloading it here.

EA Access users can play the demo on the 25th.

When is this available on Xbox?

amadablam wrote: »
    Nothing like the feeling when you beat a boss and see "Vanquished" on the screen :D

qlwtxemsflhugzjvw4ww.jpg
    For a split second there I thought that was Bloodborne (my personal GOAT).
    I'm stoked for this, can't wait!!!

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    When is this available on Xbox?

6th February. It's not listed on the store yet, so I'm not sure how much it'll be.

Dualshockers have it at $17.99
    https://www.dualshockers.com/salt-and-sanctuary-xbox-one-release-date/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anybody elses connection to MS a bit bunched last night?

I thought it was initially just the store (was trying to get the anthem demo) but then I couldn't even play DVDs on the xbox - "try again later". I would have attempted a reset on the box but I had a 2 year old screaming Frozen songs at me. I had to reconnect the old DVD player in the end - like a peasant!

Seems to be down again today

Edit: signing in is impossible, which means that you can't play any games whatsoever as they require you to be signed in. What a load of BS. Twice in one week is ridiculous. They really need to look at having at least a local verification of your gamertag.

Okay, it seems like I've found a workaround. If you go to settings and network, you can then go offline, which allows you to log in locally and play your offline / single player games. I'll check and see if I can get online after I've logged in.

No online play, offline only.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does Xbox live has some sort of issues today? Trying to buy a game for daughters birthday party and it just goes in to error. Even trying to check of some games makes errors pop out. Whole thing feels sluggish too.
    It's happening on mine and her Xboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Does Xbox live has some sort of issues today? Trying to buy a game for daughters birthday party and it just goes in to error. Even trying to check of some games makes errors pop out. Whole thing feels sluggish too.
    It's happening on mine and her Xboxes.

There was some problems during the week a few days, Xbox wouldn't even load one of the days supposedly due to live being down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Meant to say it earlier, but Inside Xbox is on at 10 tonight if anyone wants to watch. I think that there might be a mixpot if you watch it on Mixer as well, some Sea of Thieves stuff, not sure what other DLC there is a code for the Division 2 private beta.

Watch it here, logged in with your linked Microsoft Account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can anyone tell me were I might pick up a new power block and plug for an early Xbox one (unsure if it differs to the newer models.) I had my console in storage while having renovations done and it looks as though a mouse has eaten into the power and Kinect cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

markc1184 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me were I might pick up a new power block and plug for an early Xbox one (unsure if it differs to the newer models.) I had my console in storage while having renovations done and it looks as though a mouse has eaten into the power and Kinect cables.

I'm sure I've seen these in gamestop. - also , I have a kinect in a drawer with nothing to use it on, free if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm sure I've seen these in gamestop. - also , I have a kinect in a drawer with nothing to use it on, free if you want it.

Thanks for the offer but it never gets used. I tried my local Gamestop but they had none and none on their website either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Quite a few spurious psus available on Amazon

Here is a link to someone selling an MS one.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Power-Supply-Brick-Adapter/dp/9437549532/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549461233&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+one+psu

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I am such an idiot.

Playing through RDR2 recently, my One X was sounding like a jet engine, so I decided to redo the thermal paste on the chip, as apparently Microsoft didn't do a great job with the Scorpio edition ones. While I was in there, I decide to upgrade to an SSD while I was at it. Everything went well, bit of hassle getting everything put back together, but that's par for the course when you open something like this.

Went through loading the OS on, everything going well, but the one weird part of the OS install is that the boot animation isn't carried over. You have to load the OS on before you can fix the animation, so you have to take the hard drive out again. It's at this point that I knew something was very, very wrong. The entire metal frame of the X was hot. Like, really, really hot. Cracked it open, and sure enough, there's the power connector for the fan, waving around like a lunatic.

I'm normally fastidious about reconnecting everything, still can't believe I missed out on it. There was a fair bit of faffing about with one part that didn't seem to go anywhere, so I must have reconnected it first, and then disconnected it to sort that part out again, and just forgot.

Everything seems to be going ok now...... but I've probably knocked a year or two off the lifespan of my X though.

If I wasn't OCD about getting the boot animation back, I probably would have launched a game, which would have really kicked the heat through the roof, and may possible have toasted the chip.

Not as serious by a long shot but last year I was changing the bar tape on my bike and was fixated on get the wrap nice and even. Sat back and admired the good work and had an oh ffs moment when I realised I'd not wrapped the cables (breaks and gears under the tape as opposed to being free). Had to redo it.

More recently on the desktop I built I wired everything up ran the cables around nicely and tied them all off with ties before realising I'd not put the sata drives from the old one in and as a result not accounted for a power connectors, so had to get the snips and redo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have 2 invites available for The Division 2 Beta.
    If anyone is interested, you will need to add me on ubisoft, MaxMartello, and I'll send you the invite

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

Can anyone explain Xbox gold vs EA please.
    I downloaded sea of thieves for my son and then found I need to subscribe to gold in order for game to play which I have for €7 per month.
    I also got him Star Wars battlefront and his cousin said for multiplayer he needs EA and turn off parental controls? Do I need to pay for EA as well, also unsure about parental control bit.
    Grateful for any tips

wobert wrote: »
    Can anyone explain Xbox gold vs EA please.
    I downloaded sea of thieves for my son and then found I need to subscribe to gold in order for game to play which I have for €7 per month.
    I also got him Star Wars battlefront and his cousin said for multiplayer he needs EA and turn off parental controls? Do I need to pay for EA as well, also unsure about parental control bit.
    Grateful for any tips

Xbox Live is the online service, which allows you to play games online. It also comes with four free games per month, which you can find out about in the Games with Gold thread. It's usually available for cheaper as well, from places like cdkeys.com, where it's less than €40 for the year. See here.

As far as playing online, parental restrictions may stop a child from playing, but I think it'll tell you when he tries to start the game or go online. If you haven't set any up, then that's not the problem.

There's also some age restrictions baked into some EA games, we don't know why they do that. If you set up his account with his age too young, then he might not be able to play EA games, and as far as I know, there's no way to change this. It's a really poor policy. You might have to set up a new account to get around it.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Xbox Live is the online service, which allows you to play games online. It also comes with four free games per month, which you can find out about in the Games with Gold thread. It's usually available for cheaper as well, from places like cdkeys.com, where it's less than €40 for the year. See here.

As far as playing online, parental restrictions may stop a child from playing, but I think it'll tell you when he tries to start the game or go online. If you haven't set any up, then that's not the problem.

There's also some age restrictions baked into some EA games, we don't know why they do that. If you set up his account with his age too young, then he might not be able to play EA games, and as far as I know, there's no way to change this. It's a really poor policy. You might have to set up a new account to get around it.

Ok thanks for clearing that up, he’s too young to play online. I’ll pay for x live so he can play sea of thieves. Will use the discount you linked to.cheers

Im back with another question from my Son. In Star Wars battlefront 1 & 2, is it possible to have 2 player offline?
    thanks

• Advertisement

wobert wrote: »
    Im back with another question from my Son. In Star Wars battlefront 1 & 2, is it possible to have 2 player offline?
    thanks

Not sure about Battlefront 1 but Battlefront 2 does have a split screen mode (two player on the one screen).

See here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement