Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

WarpAsylum wrote: »

It also has credence due to Sony's recent comment that they'll be pulling back on releases and doubling down on quality.

In order words they haven't any games to show :pac::p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I kind of feel they need to get the likes of crackdown and previously sea of thieves out and done with so they can move on to a new era for first party exclusives that should hopefully be kicked off by Gears 5 and followed through on by the newly acquired studios and halo 6.

I don't think I know anyone that expected crackdown to be any good.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I kind of feel they need to get the likes of crackdown and previously sea of thieves out and done with so they can move on to a new era for first party exclusives that should hopefully be kicked off by Gears 5 and followed through on by the newly acquired studios and halo 6.

I don't think I know anyone that expected crackdown to be any good.

They should have ****canned Crackdown if the reviews are anything to go by. I said it here a few years ago that if it was anything more than crackdown 2 with power of the cloud I'd eat my hat. My hat is staying on my head and the game is worse than even I predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Mickeroo wrote:

Yep, I'm really hoping this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

There's a lot of catch up to play with regard to the oppositions first party offerings, but I'd hope, given the amount of acquisitions, the future is brighter. That said, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for the near future and it may be a rough couple of years before anything solid comes.

• Advertisement

I am a few games into Crackdown 3 multiplayer. It's actually quite a lot of fun when you get over the naff graphics and the nerfed destruction quality when compared to the demo years back.

It was one of the first games I played on the X360. And I enjoyed it a lot. I was looking at some of the metacritic user reviews... on the surface it looks fairly polarising, but then I looked at the negative reviews in a little more detail. Many of them start like "I'm not a Crackdown fan...", so just people hating on the game because internet.

Overall consensus is if you like Crackdown 1, you'll like this.

I reckon I'll give this a shot, campaign at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm the same played Crackdown 1 when it was released years ago and enjoyed it never played 2 though as I had stopped gaming for a good few years around the time 2 was released.

I didn't look at reviews but watched a bit of gameplay and to me it looks good and don't see what people are complaining about. I see building damage being mentioned. What the hell do you want building damage anyway especially when you have to climb buildings what happens if it was damaged so bad you couldn't climb what are you going to do reload a older save.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Anthem trial available in EA access. Some users not able to instal it. Steps to get it working:

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1096446259316117505

Almost 9 hours played of Crackdown 3.

Having a blast across, co-op campaign and multiplayer.

Reviewers who bombed it don't know dick about a crackdown game clearly.

• Advertisement

I had a feeling that was the case. I may get gamepass or even a retail copy. Depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I only played about 3 hours of the campaign so far myself, but it is good Crackdown fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Finding it boring, just locks on to everything
    What’s the point? May as well not have any enemies as you just hold the lock button and fire

Finding it boring, just locks on to everything
    What’s the point? May as well not have any enemies as you just hold the lock button and fire

Ok it’s actually not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I have to admit I'm enjoying it...

The combat is guff and the objectives very repetitive, but there's something fun about just leaping around the city collecting orbs and ticking stuff off while you go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah I have to admit I'm enjoying it...

The combat is guff and the objectives very repetitive, but there's something fun about just leaping around the city collecting orbs and ticking stuff off while you go

sounds just like crackdown 1!

I never bothered with sea of thieves

But state of decay and crackdown 3 are not terrible but still disappointing. Bit more effort and they could have been 2 decent games

This is what I find infuriating

Crackdown 3 is utter sheeee-ite. A total embarrassment for xbox and Microsoft.

Crackdown 3 is utter sheeee-ite. A total embarrassment for xbox and Microsoft.

I’m inclined to agree, sank 5 hours into it and my thoughts changed from **** to maybe ok back to ****

Even if you can’t see the enemy shooting just lock on and fire

Repeat over and over

Uninstalled it

I’m inclined to agree, sank 5 hours into it and my thoughts changed from **** to maybe ok back to ****

Even if you can’t see the enemy shooting just lock on and fire

Repeat over and over

Uninstalled it
    Uninstalled too. That won't stop Microsoft counting us in their number of.players stats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I thought that this was pretty cool news, Paradox are bring mods to Surviving Mars, but for the first time they won't have to go through an approval process before hand. Mod makers will just tick a box when uploading and it'll go to both PC and Xbox at the same time.

See here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1098629079505371136

All the Lost Planets are coming to BC today, along with RESIDENT EVIL CODE: Veronica X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

And the list of playable games grows... Between Backwards compatibility and Games Pass MS are doing an amazing job.

• Lost Planet 2 was fun in coop.

*Edit* you sneaked in RESIDENT EVIL CODE: Veronica X!!!

Now i'm happier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Xbox One S : HDMI damage (cannot hear peoples voices)

I bought the kids an Xbox One S the previous Xmas('17) and in the last few months the kids were complaining of intermittently not hearing peoples voices in games & DVDs. They didnt complain hard enough as I kinda ignored it, more fool me!! Anyway I reckon the warranty is just out so probably no luck there, I bought it off Gamestop online.

I checked the back of the Xbox and sure enough the HDMI connector is very slightly damaged. I checked my connecting cables & I dont see any damage there but somehow the Xbox connector is damaged! ie. I've used the same cables on other equipment, like a PS3, and none of them are damaged.
    I gooogled HDMI damage and I see quite a few hits for it, even videos how to fix it by swapping in the HDMI IN connector. This is an option for me as I have access to Rework personnel to do the job.

But, is there another way, ie. can I connect up a wireless speaker ? ie. i've a KitSound BoomEvolution 2.1

I bought the kids an Xbox One S the previous Xmas('17) and in the last few months the kids were complaining of intermittently not hearing peoples voices in games & DVDs. They didnt complain hard enough as I kinda ignored it, more fool me!! Anyway I reckon the warranty is just out so probably no luck there, I bought it off Gamestop online.

I checked the back of the Xbox and sure enough the HDMI connector is very slightly damaged. I checked my connecting cables & I dont see any damage there but somehow the Xbox connector is damaged! ie. I've used the same cables on other equipment, like a PS3, and none of them are damaged.
    I gooogled HDMI damage and I see quite a few hits for it, even videos how to fix it by swapping in the HDMI IN connector. This is an option for me as I have access to Rework personnel to do the job.

But, is there another way, ie. can I connect up a wireless speaker ? ie. i've a KitSound BoomEvolution 2.1

There's an optical out port on it, so you could use that. I don't know the pros/cons of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

It may still be in warranty. You can check on the Microsoft website once you have the serial number.

Edit: Just checked the warranty on my One S on the Microsoft website.
    I bought it December 2018 and the warranty is until December 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you would get sound or video at all if there was an issue with the connector on the back of the console?

Most likely neither would work at all...

You can connect a headset/earphones to the controller. And mute the Tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The headphone solution is fine for a single user but not suitable for a movie for multiple people. I must check the SN on the MS site, just in case. If I use the optical o/p do i need a special box to connect my wireless speaker?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement