Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Fieldog wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you would get sound or video at all if there was an issue with the connector on the back of the console?

Most likely neither would work at all...

The damage is very slight so I'm guessing that this is the issue !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Use one of these DAC's in link below. I used to use it with my original Xbox One.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dac&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Use one of these DAC's in link below. I used to use it with my original Xbox One.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dac&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    Or similarly a 3.5mm to Bluetooth dongle plugged into your controller. They are small and light but You'd still probably want to strap it to the controller somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Or similarly a 3.5mm to Bluetooth dongle plugged into your controller. They are small and light but You'd still probably want to strap it to the controller somehow.

I have 2 * small bluetooth devices (trx and a rx), so plug the trx into the controller and then the bluetooth speaker should pick it up, correct ?

Or as in the previous post, get the box mentioned and connect via the RCA connections, I'm guessing.
    cheers folks ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I put this in the general gaming forum, and then forgot to put it here.

People have been wondering what Microsofts renewed commitment to PC at E3 meant, and now we're starting to see the first indications of it. Recent Windows Insider builds came with "Gaming Improvements", along with a free test of State of Decay. Turns out that it's the Xbox version of the game running on PC, rather than a PC specific version like you'd get from the Microsoft store.

See here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    I put this in the general gaming forum, and then forgot to put it here.

People have been wondering what Microsofts renewed commitment to PC at E3 meant, and now we're starting to see the first indications of it. Recent Windows Insider builds came with "Gaming Improvements", along with a free test of State of Decay. Turns out that it's the Xbox version of the game running on PC, rather than a PC specific version like you'd get from the Microsoft store.

See here.

I wonder how that'll be received from the point of view of scaling - as in FOV sliders, resolution etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I wonder how that'll be received from the point of view of scaling - as in FOV sliders, resolution etc?

My guess? Current and past games wouldn't have any, but games in the future, built with this in mind? Yeah, totally possible.

It'd still be more restricted than a pure PC game, but they're making a lot of strides on that too, with increased mod support, etc.

Rumour going around that Microsoft acquired Relic Entertainment, the guys that they tapped to develop Age of Empires 4. Makes sense I suppose, but they're not an independent company, they're part of Sega, so Sega would have to want to sell.

Relic also did Company of Heroes, man I loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Rumour going around that Microsoft acquired Relic Entertainment, the guys that they tapped to develop Age of Empires 4. Makes sense I suppose, but they're not an independent company, they're part of Sega, so Sega would have to want to sell.

Relic also did Company of Heroes, man I loved that game.

Is there any news on AOE4? It will be exclusive to the Microsoft platform so here is hoping they release it on the One X aswell. Very hard to find anything concrete on the game.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Is there any news on AOE4? It will be exclusive to the Microsoft platform so here is hoping they release it on the One X aswell. Very hard to find anything concrete on the game.

Big reveal on the next Inside Xbox apparently. That's partly where the acquisition rumour is coming from, Relic are hiring for an Age of Empires franchise lead or something like that, which implies they've got responsibility for the whole lot now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Seen I can pick cod black ops 4 up second hand for €32.
    Is it any use?

honda boi wrote: »
    Is it any use?

I'm in two minds. Theres no campaign, not sure if that matters to you. The multiplayer is great though, and the battle royale mode is also very good.

However, recent updates have made the game look like a free to play game gone mad. Skins for cash, skins that grant bonus xp for kills , rotten looking character uniforms, etc etc. It's like Activision is trying to squeeze every brown cent out of the game.

honda boi wrote: »
    Is it any use?

Honestly, €32 is to high for it. Its not worth that. It was my first COD game in years and after about 3 days I regretted buying it. I knew there was a reason I had stopped playing COD years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Bought cuphead over the weekend

Very difficult but I’m enjoying it a lot

Sometimes just simple concepts work

One minute playing resident evil2 then the next cuphead

A free to play game called One Leaves coming soon it seems.

https://www.oneleaves.com

Inside Xbox is on later today, at 21:00. Big news coming out of it is that Halo:MCC is coming to PC. Not sure if it's a straight port made for PC, or if it's the Xbox on PC thingy that the Windows Insiders are currently testing out with State of Decay 2.

Watching it on Mixer with your Microsoft account gets you a chance to win "One Piece World Seeker", and some Black Desert stuff.

Link for watching it on Mixer here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If it is coming to PC it would be disastrous if it's a buggy mess at launch again.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If it is coming to PC it would be disastrous if it's a buggy mess at launch again.

I'd assume that they've learned their lesson from the last time, and it seems that the work they've done to fix it was pretty fundamental, I'd assume that it would carry over.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd assume that they've learned their lesson from the last time, and it seems that the work they've done to fix it was pretty fundamental, I'd assume that it would carry over.

Here's hoping anyway, I could see it building up a pretty good following on PC. I might finally properly get to play the game I bought my OG XB1 for.

I still wonder if Halo Infinite is going to be some sort of revision to the MCC, bringing all halo games in under one launcher? It'd be a ballsy move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

is it on at 9pm or 10pm? xbox Ireland are posting that it is on at 10pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gmg678 wrote: »
    is it on at 9pm or 10pm? xbox Ireland are posting that it is on at 10pm?

9pm. It is listed as being on at 5pm ET, which would usually be 10pm here but the US is already on DST.

I still wonder if Halo Infinite is going to be some sort of revision to the MCC, bringing all halo games in under one launcher? It'd be a ballsy move.

Good point. it could work though.

Inside Xbox is on later today, at 21:00. Big news coming out of it is that Halo:MCC is coming to PC. Not sure if it's a straight port made for PC, or if it's the Xbox on PC thingy that the Windows Insiders are currently testing out with State of Decay 2.

Watching it on Mixer with your Microsoft account gets you a chance to win "One Piece World Seeker", and some Black Desert stuff.

Link for watching it on Mixer here.

20 minutes away, for anyone interested.

Minecraft is coming to Game Pass

Halo MCC is coming to PC, with full graphics options. On Steam too.

Reach too. Nice. 4k support as well. Multiplayer is free for everyone, Singleplayer is an extra DLC. Both are included in Gamepass.

PC won't arrive with all games, it's split up into separate games, starts with Reach, others to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I missed the first 20 mins.
    Turned it on when that anime thing was being shown!

Since it's going to steam I presume that means no Xbox Play Anywhere and you have to buy the game again even if you already own it on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Since it's going to steam I presume that means no Xbox Play Anywhere and you have to buy the game again even if you already own it on xbox.

Think it is on Steam as well as Windows Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well it is also available on Windows store so it is play any where. Steam option is for those who do not want windows store which there seems to be a fair amount of people online blabbing on about it all the time.

• Advertisement

Here's the recap of everything.

One thing I had missed, the wireless display app is being rolled out. Really thought that it would never see the light of day, it properly disappear for what? Over a year at this stage, I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement