Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    Here's the recap of everything.

One thing I had missed, the wireless display app is being rolled out. Really thought that it would never see the light of day, it properly disappear for what? Over a year at this stage, I think.

Thought that was DOA, wouldn't even let me launch it for a couple of years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't wait to play reach campaign again tbh

Even if I still have nightmares of that last turret battle on legendary

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think it is on Steam as well as Windows Store.
    Well it is also available on Windows store so it is play any where. Steam option is for those who do not want windows store which there seems to be a fair amount of people online blabbing on about it all the time.

Oh that's good news, I didn't watch the stream so had only heard it was going to steam. Did they say anything about crossplay between steam and windows store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh that's good news, I didn't watch the stream so had only heard it was going to steam. Did they say anything about crossplay between steam and windows store?

Nothing so far. It seems like it's very early in the process, but considering how customer focused they've been over the last while, championing cross play on the likes of Minecraft and Fortnite, I'd say it's pretty likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Very little news. I'm a fan since the start but Switch and PS4 are putting them to shame. I do think they have a long game, I'm just curious to see what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Apparently the page on Steam says that it requires an Xbox Live account / Gamertag. That is likely for cross play and hopefully save progress / stats, etc.

Steam is a different store to the Microsoft store, so cross-buy between Win10 Store and Steam likely won't happen. Win10 / Xbox / XPA is likely with GamePass support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Since it's going to steam I presume that means no Xbox Play Anywhere and you have to buy the game again even if you already own it on xbox.

It's confirmed that it's not play anywhere now. Disappointing, but unsurprising. There's also no crossplay while they're still getting the games set up on PC. Also disappointing, but also unsurprising when you think about it.

It's also happening soon, apparently, like really soon.

See more here.

It's confirmed that it's not play anywhere now. Disappointing, but unsurprising. There's also no crossplay while they're still getting the games set up on PC. Also disappointing, but also unsurprising when you think about it.

It's also happening soon, apparently, like really soon.

See more here.
    The fact that it's not Cross-play (for now) at launch, is a good thing - Microsoft seems to be looking to remove any possibility of 'the game is borked at launch... again'-type commentary.

If you buy it on Windows 10 Store or Steam you will be able to play together, which would imply that it's just as easy to add in Xbox console players to the mix.

It would likely be a phased approach:
    1. Get it out there and working for PC players - they're even doing it one game at a time, that's how cautious an approach they're taking.
    2. Fix any controls, performance or balancing issues that come up
    3. Work out how to integrate Keyboard and Mouse players with Controllers (We'll see if Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder can come up with a song for that).
    4. ?????
    5. Profit.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The fact that it's not Cross-play (for now) at launch, is a good thing - Microsoft seems to be looking to remove any possibility of 'the game is borked at launch... again'-type commentary.

If you buy it on Windows 10 Store or Steam you will be able to play together, which would imply that it's just as easy to add in Xbox console players to the mix.

It would likely be a phased approach:
    1. Get it out there and working for PC players - they're even doing it one game at a time, that's how cautious an approach they're taking.
    2. Fix any controls, performance or balancing issues that come up
    3. Work out how to integrate Keyboard and Mouse players with Controllers (We'll see if Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder can come up with a song for that).
    4. ?????
    5. Profit.

Did they say there will be crossplay between windows 10 and steam? That's the only one that matter really from a Pc point of view, the Win 10 version will be DOA otherwise. They didn't implement it for Halo wars.

My understanding from the quote given over the weekend, is that Yes, PC players will play together. (I've bolded the bit that gave me that impression)
    I think people have asked a lot about cross-play. And I think there's two different discussions there. I should say on PC, you're going to get the same great experience regardless of which store you buy it from, right? [We] want players to have a choice there. Certainly, whether you pick it up on the Windows Store or Steam, you'll play together, that's not a problem.

The real question on people's mind is can I play Xbox against PC? And truth be told right now, we are really focused on making sure that we can bring these games to PC in the right way. But the team would love to hear feedback on this and as we get further down the road, it's something I think we're going to have to evaluate, and if it's something that the community wants and makes sense, I think the team wants to make it happen. But right now, we really need to focus on getting these PC products out the right way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Is there an specific forum for Apex at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is there an specific forum for Apex at all?

no, but theres a thread in the main gaming section

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109717693#post109717693

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Got an xbox 6month gold voucher off Amazon a few weeks ago... but now realise its for UK region only... have I any hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Got an xbox 6month gold voucher off Amazon a few weeks ago... but now realise its for UK region only... have I any hope

Have you tried redeeming it? You should be ok to use it here. Most of them are region free I thought?

Got an xbox 6month gold voucher off Amazon a few weeks ago... but now realise its for UK region only... have I any hope :(
    My understanding is that XBox Live Gold subs, Game Pass Subs and EA access subs were Region free and should work for you.

Gift cards, with monetary value, are locked to the specific region / currency... Sterling for UK, Dollars for US, etc. They, generally speaking, will not work outside that region without a bit of shenanigans or jiggerypokery. With the Euro, you can buy a card from anywhere in the Euro zone and it should work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Have never played a DVD in the Xbox 1. Put one in there the other night. After watching the DVD was getting that grinding from the disc drive. The fixes I came across were repeatedly beating the underside of the xbox with your fist or dropping from about a foot in the air. I decided to open it up and see what the issue was with the disk drive.

The problem was the locking mechanism, simple fix, just had push the tab across gently and make sure the gears were functioning by manually turning the back gear, now working. Not in warranty obviously, nothing to loose but €150 or whatever they charge for a repair these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

My understanding is that XBox Live Gold subs, Game Pass Subs and EA access subs were Region free and should work for you.

Gift cards, with monetary value, are locked to the specific region / currency... Sterling for UK, Dollars for US, etc. They, generally speaking, will not work outside that region without a bit of shenanigans or jiggerypokery. With the Euro, you can buy a card from anywhere in the Euro zone and it should work just fine.

Nope, codes are region specific. The 'regions' are not countries though, they are currency based. A euro gold code will work in any locale that uses euros, so Ireland, France, Germany etc all can use the same gold code but Denmark can't.

I have no problem using uk codes of any kind. In fact I usually buy my gold subs from Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have no problem using uk codes of any kind. In fact I usually buy my gold subs from Amazon UK.

Might have changed since I was involved but that's how it worked. The EA codes were also handed out based on locales, can't remember game pass though, think it was region agnostic.

Just got a message from Xbox Live, the price of 12 months of Live is going up by £10 in the UK on the 8th May, not sure if it applies to EU yet. It's to address changing market conditions apparently. Perhaps it's Brexit related, the currency did take a pounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got a message from Xbox Live, the price of 12 months of Live is going up by £10 in the UK on the 8th May, not sure if it applies to EU yet. It's to address changing market conditions apparently. Perhaps it's Brexit related, the currency did take a pounding.

Is it £50 in the UK at the minute?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it £50 in the UK at the minute?

£39.99 going to £49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

£40 vs €60 was always a steal for the UK

Of course a 25% increase for no reason is a right fooking pain in the face too.

They'll never change it in the US and if they went beyond 60 in the EU, there'd be backlash too. Looks like they picked on the easy target with this increase! Hope they at least do a few 15 for 12 month specials to make up the difference for you guys :)

Tbh I'm not surprised. I always buy my subs and digital content from the UK. Even at full price it always works out cheaper, so this increase makes sense. Maybe their data shows that majority of euro countries are doing the same and they need to level the playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

go a message from Xbox this morning on my phone but didn't read it. something about the quests and rewards coming to us now. anyone else get the message and how to access to it.

Halo MCC got updated the other day, and they've upgraded the servers to a 60hz tick rate. I know how bad the game was at launch, but the work that they're putting in to fix it is up there with the turnaround Ubisoft did with The Division.

Reach is meant to be going to insiders soon as well.

Huh. Watched maybe two minutes of the Jedi Fallen Order thing on Mixer, got KOTOR for free. Nice.

Speaking of Mixer, Inside Xbox is on tonight, watching on Mixer will get you a Mixpot of crap DLC. Starts at ten our time I think?

We should learn more about the new all digital Xbox tonight, along with Game Pass Ultimate or whatever it's called. E3 plans are also being detailed.

Ninja Gaiden II is BC now, and X enhanced

These games are already BC, but now they're getting X enhanced.
    - Fable II
    - Fable III
    - Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    - Splinter Cell: Conviction
    - Splinter Cell: Blacklist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Am I missing something.

An Xbox One S digital only console priced at $250 using the same form factor has the One S.

The regular One S is €250 at gamestop with a game at the moment.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s/all-digital-edition?ocid=InsideXbox_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_4.16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wish they would X enhance Watch Dogs 2 so I can play it. We have been waiting since One X launch for EA to do it and still no sign of it and afaik they haven't even started, so come on MS ask for source code or what ever and do the upgrade yourselves.

I started it originally on the OG Xbox One on a 1080p 24" monitor and it looked terrible so bad I stopped playing after 20mins or so. Got the One X and booted up on large 4k screen and it was absolute garbage cannot believe MS actually sells the game.

The problem is the game runs at 900p even at 4k and you would think it would run smooth on the One X but no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement