Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Total hours played by me is 11 hours. It would be a lot higher if it included the last two months as I started to play the Xbox more since I got the One X. I played most of my games this year on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

maximoose wrote: »
    https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/live/year-in-review/

Nice little review of your activity for the year there

Must not include December though (yet)

Doesn't even include November let alone December.
    Date Range wrote:
    01.01.17-31.10.17

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

I ninja deleted, was already posted silly me

328 hours for me - that will rocket if updates and adds in November/Dec. Poured a lot of hours into AC: Origins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've 119 hours gone into AC Origins, according to the xbox stats!
    Still not finished it :D

Is it possible to exchange a controller? My X controller is drifting to the left. Came with the X, bought in Smyths.

I've owned all xbox models and this is the first time I've ever had a problem :(

• Advertisement

Is it possible to exchange a controller? My X controller is drifting to the left. Came with the X, bought in Smyths.

I've owned all xbox models and this is the first time I've ever had a problem :(

I don't know if they will exchange it. You could call in and find out and if they refuse just get onto Xbox support and they will fix it for you. A few weeks ago I sent a Elite controller back that was faulty from new and they fixed it for me. All free as well.

I don't know if they will exchange it. You could call in and find out and if they refuse just get onto Xbox support and they will fix it for you. A few weeks ago I sent a Elite controller back that was faulty from new and they fixed it for me. All free as well.
    Might just go the MS route. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

If it’s the standard X controller Smyths will exchange it once you’ve the receipt. If it’s the Scorpio one you’ll have to send it to MS.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    If it’s the standard X controller Smyths will exchange it once you’ve the receipt. If it’s the Scorpio one you’ll have to send it to MS.
    Smyths fobbed me off completely telling me there's nothing wrong with it. Will never buy from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Smyths fobbed me off completely telling me there's nothing wrong with it. Will never buy from them again.

They were happy to replace my controller that came with the system no problem in Jervis St., unfortunately they had no Scorpio versions left and I didn’t want the standard one so I’d to send it to MS. Get onto head office and explain what happened and they’ll sort it for you. You’ll be waiting a while if you send it to MS.

Head office is closing at 1pm tomorrow so give them a shout before that.

• Advertisement

Have a 7 day Xbox Game Pass code if anyone is interested in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Merry Christmas, lads and ladies! Have a good one!

and you and your's CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CatInABox wrote: »
    Merry Christmas, lads and ladies! Have a good one!

Merry Christmas Everyone,

May Santa bring you lots of gaming goodies tomorrow
    May Parents have no issues setting up new game consoles/downloading games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks for all the help re Xbox when I’ve needed it. Happy Christmas:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Is it possible to have say Ori on my pc and my nephew play it on his xbox :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

irishman86 wrote: »
    Is it possible to have say Ori on my pc and my nephew play it on his xbox :confused:

Not with Ori, but there are certain games with this ability. Look for "Play Anywhere" games, here's a list.

It's not a large list yet, but they've only just started pushing it in the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

How long does it take to set up an Xbox 1. It's started downloading but it's still at 5% and the kids are going mental and I'm only joking the xbox is mine and I set it up yesterday. Merry Christmas all I've been lurking for a while and got great advice from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I unboxed my new One S today, and there is a clicking sound from the fan when I started it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,004 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So I unboxed my new One S today, and there is a clicking sound from the fan when I started it up.

Could be the disk drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could be the disk drive.

I put my ear up against the fan, and it was coming from there.

I read that other people have the same problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Happy Christmas and excuse the mini rant but..........

Starting setting up the Xbox1s this morning at around 8.30 for one excited young fella. 4 failed updates later we finally got to the point where we could actually put a disc in. It was shortly after 4pm.

Now we are back to updating again as both games we got require substantial downloads (so why did I buy a disc?). It looks like we won't get to use it today and if possible the wee man is more jaded looking than me!

If it was just me, I would be boxing it up and going back to the shop. I don't think this is fit for purpose. I thought the whole idea of consoles were plug and play. I don't want to spend my Christmas waiting to use things I have bought and paid for.

It's well documented that you would need to update the console and games. I seen mentioned on the Xbox also people recommending to do all the updates before Christmas for their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

MaxFlower wrote: »

Starting setting up the Xbox1s this morning at around 8.30 for one excited young fella. 4 failed updates later we finally got to the point where we could actually put a disc in. It was shortly after 4pm.

Now we are back to updating again as both games we got require substantial downloads (so why did I buy a disc?). It looks like we won't get to use it today and if possible the wee man is more jaded looking than me!

If it was just me, I would be boxing it up and going back to the shop. I don't think this is fit for purpose. I thought the whole idea of consoles were plug and play. I don't want to spend my Christmas waiting to use things I have bought and paid for.

What’s your internet like at home?
    Did you do any research before buying the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,004 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Max you didn't do your research and now your child missed out. There is a thread in both the Xbox and Gaming Forum here that gives great set up tips for Christmas morning.

Also if you had disconnected the internet before turning on the Console you could have played away without any updates

Is it true that you cannot play EA multiplayer with a child account, even if the adult sets the appropriate permissions?!

Xmas day drama here thanks to an "error code 524, this account is not able to play online." on Star Wars Battlefront 2.

It's Star Wars, seriously ffs.

So basically if this is true there is no point ever buying an EA game again or else I have to setup an adult account which defeats the whole purpose of parental controls.

All consoles have been like this since the 360, that is why there have been notices up on most of the games forums here telling parents to update the console before today.

Errr, I normally put up a thread with tips and guides for new owners (particularly for parents), but this is the first year that I've totally forgotten, sorry MaxFlower (and any other boardsie parents that suffered the same fate)!

Basically, consoles have changed from being plug and play into something more advanced, which is great for some things, but worse for others. The ability to download updates for both console and games have meant that the console that we got three or four years ago bears little resemblance to the one that you're getting today, even though they have the same hardware. Likewise with games, the ability to download updates has meant that some games have developed far beyond what they were when they first came out.

Still, it sucks that you got caught out like that, but I can tell you that it does get better. System updates are pretty rare, once every three months or so, but game updates are common. Give the console a fair chance, and I think you'll enjoy it.

Also, just to note, every console that you buy will be pretty similar setup experience, even Nintendo are pushing out patches and updates this generation.

Just on a side note for you and your little one (and this is something that I would have put into the thread), Microsoft have a pretty full featured parental controls. You can learn more about them here.

Despite me posting updates about their progress anytime news leaked out, I still honestly never thought that I'd see the day....

Kodi is available to install on Xbox One.

It's an alpha, and I'm having difficulty adding my network shares, but then again, it's Kodi, so what did I expect?

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Despite me posting updates about their progress anytime news leaked out, I still honestly never thought that I'd see the day....

Kodi is available to install on Xbox One.

It's an alpha, and I'm having difficulty adding my network shares, but then again, it's Kodi, so what did I expect?

It's obviously an Alpha, but it's also surprisingly stable. The controls are difficult to figure out, and it's clear that some functions just haven't copied over to a controller correctly(I've got a couple of media sources that I just can't seem to remove), but as I said, it's surprisingly good outside of that.

It's obviously doing all of the work as well, so files that will bring my plex set up to a juddering halt will play totally fine, and it's also got no issue with subtitles at all.

All in all, it's brilliant.

I do think that it's not going to last long though. It seems to have a full add-on section, including installing from unknown sources. My guess is that this was meant to be a test for uploading it to the store, and someone forgot to disable the UK setting, so some people are getting it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement