Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yakuza Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 coming to game pass on console. Great to see these on Xbox.

Highlight of the show so far, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Yakuza is a fairly big deal. All 3 on game pass.

Edit: Sniper beat me too it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Reach release date: 3rd Dec

The last time I heard this much uncomfortable out of place laughing was from Joachim phoenix in joker.

Honestly, I'm totally perplexed as to why they still insist on these live events. A 20 - 30 minute recorded show, with just Major Nelson and Phil Spencer would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm totally perplexed as to why they still insist on these live events. A 20 - 30 minute recorded show, with just Major Nelson and Phil Spencer would be amazing.

It must be awfully daunting, to be working out of the public eye, and then having to go Infront of a camera for something like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

All the final fantasys to game pass!

Late to the party here tonight..... bloody kids.

Did I hear Kingdom Hearts there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yes 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8

Yes, they're coming. Not sure if it's to Game Pass or not, I tuned out.

• Advertisement

Yes, they're coming. Not sure if it's to Game Pass or not, I tuned out.

They said going to game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jesus no, would be like grating your eyeballs. They need the hype to promo, can't get that with no studio audience or big event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Genuinely excited for the final fantasy games. I have them on mini consoles emulated like but having them on the Xbox is so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Well now seen Age of empires 2 is on game pass, probably the only game of the many I would have an interest in playing. Had a 14 day trial for Gamepass there and redeemed it to play but it is only available on PC, okay so downloaded the xbox app on PC and went to install Age of Empires 2 but low and behold you need ultimate to play games on PC. What is the point in that? I can use xbox live on PC, can't I, but not Gamepass I need Gamepass for PC. Ridiculous! Never want GP now just on principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Well now seen Age of empires 2 is on game pass, probably the only game of the many I would have an interest in playing. Had a 14 day trial for Gamepass there and redeemed it to play but it is only available on PC, okay so downloaded the xbox app on PC and went to install Age of Empires 2 but low and behold you need ultimate to play games on PC. What is the point in that? I can use xbox live on PC, can't I, but not Gamepass I need Gamepass for PC. Ridiculous! Never want GP now just on principle.

Not sure what you mean by using xbox live on pc but it's not really ridiculous, you just didn't understand the difference between gamepass and gamepass ultimate. Gamepass is for the xbox consoles only, and gamepass ultimate includes the pc, it's pretty simple. You can pick up ultimate right now for €1 for 3 months if you're still interested in playing AoE2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

why don't you join ultimate for €1 and get 3 month free with 1 month EA excess free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I managed 7 minutes. Had to turn off that cringe.

But but all the presenters are super excited.... about everything

They said going to game pass.

The Xbox twitter has now confirmed that Kingdom Hearts was erroneously announced for Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

xCloud is coming to Game Pass, as Mickeroo correctly guessed.

Does that mean the Xcloud subscription is included with Game Pass or that Game Pass games will be available on Xcloud.

Does that mean the Xcloud subscription is included with Game Pass or that Game Pass games will be available on Xcloud.

I believe it means that if you're subscribed to Game Pass, you can play all of the Game Pass games on xCloud.

Outside of this, I don't think that there's been any details of how to pay for xCloud yet.

• Advertisement

I believe it means that if you're subscribed to Game Pass, you can play all of the Game Pass games on xCloud.

Outside of this, I don't think that there's been any details of how to pay for xCloud yet.

Went back and took a look at that segment, and wow, it is terrible.

Anyway, they announced two things,
    1. Any game you own or buy will be available to stream from their servers. I'm not sure where this leaves the "remote play from console" feature that they've shown off, because why would you stream from your own console when you can just stream from their servers.

2. Game streaming is coming to Game Pass, which is their exact wording. That definitely implies to me that if you're subscribed to Game Pass, then you can play those games from Microsofts servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Current and new Game Pass Ultimate members can get one free month of EA Access, three free months of Discord Nitro and six free months of Spotify Premium.

I had to change my region to the UK on my Xbox, put in a Revolut card as payment method (with AddressPal postcode for my address) and it came up on my Home page to collect my gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Current and new Game Pass Ultimate members can get one free month of EA Access, three free months of Discord Nitro and six free months of Spotify Premium.

I had to change my region to the UK on my Xbox, put in a Revolut card as payment method (with AddressPal postcode for my address) and it came up on my Home page to collect my gifts.

Where can I get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just got my Project xCloud invite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Me too!

Ordered a clip for my phone off Amazon, looking forward to giving it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Just got my invite too. When I try to download the app though it tells me my phone is not compatible. Looking at the requirements my S8 seems to meet everything, might try to VPN to US and download it in case I lied on the original application!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Just got my invite too. When I try to download the app though it tells me my phone is not compatible.

It tells me the same in the Play store - I just downloaded the APK and installed it directly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tried a quick game of Shadow of The Tomb Raider. Graphics were obviously toned down a bit but I was very impressed with how smoothly it ran. Didn't detect any obvious input lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

maximoose wrote: »
    It tells me the same in the Play store - I just downloaded the APK and installed it directly

Where did you DL the Apk from?

Update ~ VPN'd to a US IP address and suddenly my device is compatible! Weirdly downloaded to my phone which was not on VPN.

Update 2 ~ App refuses to connect due to not being in the correct region. Will try VPN on the phone later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Where can I get this?

Literally said what you have to do in my post...:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement