Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I didn't use VPN and worked fine for me. Based in Ireland.

Did you change it to xCloud in the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just got my Project xCloud invite :)

What route did you take to get the invite. The UK xbox website?

*edit: got my invite, I registered through the UK Xbox website btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I didn't use VPN and worked fine for me. Based in Ireland.

Did you change it to xCloud in the app?

Didn't change it to xCloud. I'm in Asia, checked my phone this morning and the App is gone! Refuses to download from my library and now that I've tried it's disappeared from my library also!

Update ~ Got it back, unfortunately no options available for me :<

Probably a stupid question but where can you download the apk from? There are a few apk sites out there but I'm doubtful they are real.

I got the invite, signed up via the uk route. But the app is not available in the Irish store.

Edit: went ahead and downloaded it from here: https://apkpure.com/xbox-game-streaming-preview/com.microsoft.xcloud

Seems legit but don't blame me if you've got a trojan horse!!

Played Forza horizon 4. Noticeable lag, maybe half a second. Enough to make me over compensate and make the game almost unplayable. Well no, it is playable just not enjoyable. I was all over the road.

Brave of them to stick racing games up on it though. I guess certain games will just never be suitable to streaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Played Forza horizon 4. Noticeable lag, maybe half a second. Enough to make me over compensate and make the game almost unplayable. Well no, it is playable just not enjoyable. I was all over the road.

Brave of them to stick racing games up on it though. I guess certain games will just never be suitable to streaming.
    yea if anybody online on youtube or downloading ect.it can effect it, I did the stadia speed test while downloading a game on steam.it gave me 20mb it just enough for 1080p did again in a few mins gave me 40mb for 4k.

I think if your streaming you need all your speed.Im on 150mb so I should have no problems streaming but rather game on a console or pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Looking at upgrading to the Xbox One X in GS. Thats a great price at 290. Any clue how much I would get for a Day One Xbox One on trade from them? I know that for now at least the day one edition is no more valuable than a standard 500gb just wondering is it worthwhile trading it or will I use it as a media center on the bedroom telly and save myself the price of a Roku or Chromecast.
    (And to think yesterday evening I was looking seriously at trading it in against a used One X in CEX )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

cycocycle wrote: »
    Looking at upgrading to the Xbox One X in GS. Thats a great price at 290. Any clue how much I would get for a Day One Xbox One on trade from them? I know that for now at least the day one edition is no more valuable than a standard 500gb just wondering is it worthwhile trading it or will I use it as a media center on the bedroom telly and save myself the price of a Roku or Chromecast.
    (And to think yesterday evening I was looking seriously at trading it in against a used One X in CEX )

€70 trade in GameStop, €99 cash in CEX.

The GameStop website now has the trade values listed on all accepted items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Has anyone spotted any deals on 12 month live memberships for Black Friday? Are the likes of cdkeys likely to reduce prices tomorrow? Need to pick up a couple for myself and my nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

markc1184 wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted any deals on 12 month live memberships for Black Friday? Are the likes of cdkeys likely to reduce prices tomorrow? Need to pick up a couple for myself and my nephew.
    well cdkeys have it for €45 and then get ultimate for €1 for 3 months extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Does the App show which Data Centre you're connecting to?

If you're connected to the US and that's the delay you get from here, then it could be promising for the future when they enable the Ireland Data Centre.

Does the App show which Data Centre you're connecting to?

If you're connected to the US and that's the delay you get from here, then it could be promising for the future when they enable the Ireland Data Centre.
    Good point. I signed up via the UK link and put in a northern Irish post code. So I guess somewhere in the uk. But if we dont get an irish data centre then it could be as good as it gets.

I dont see anywhere that tells you your data centre.

Does anyone know how you get the 1 month free EA Access sub and 6 months of Spotify premium offer if you are subscribed to Ultimate Game pass?

I thought it was only for new subs but the offer says current subscribers as well. Xbox Ireland Twitter tweeted the offer today.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Does anyone know how you get the 1 month free EA Access sub and 6 months of Spotify premium offer if you are subscribed to Ultimate Game pass?

I thought it was only for new subs but the offer says current subscribers as well. Xbox Ireland Twitter tweeted the offer today.

Thanks

You should have the offer on your dashboard, you may need to change your console region to UK for it to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    Would anyone have a code for the Fortnight pickaxe please?
    My son just found out about it.
    Not sure if it's something that people have spare, if so much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Eh, Resident Evil 2 is terrifying. Don’t think I’m going to last the whole campaign 😂

Zombies jumping through windows, weird things darting around in the shadows, zombies taking a bazillion shots to die and THEN running out of bullets.

My heart can’t take this......and apparently there’s going to be some lad chasing me in a bit?

Screw that boards.ie. SCREW. THAT.

Eh, Resident Evil 2 is terrifying. Don’t think I’m going to last the whole campaign 😂

Zombies jumping through windows, weird things darting around in the shadows, zombies taking a bazillion shots to die and THEN running out of bullets.

My heart can’t take this......and apparently there’s going to be some lad chasing me in a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,004 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shuffles03 wrote: »

If your playing with a headset download the Dolby Atmos app. RE2 actually supports it and it'll add more to the game.

He’s dead. Mr X is dead. Thank the lord. When will this nightmare end

He’s dead. Mr X is dead. Thank the lord. When will this nightmare end

Oh my God he’s not dead!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Oh my God he’s not dead!!!!!!!!

:pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    :pac:

Do people find this game enjoyable? I need this nightmare to end.

Do people find this game enjoyable? I need this nightmare to end.

I loved it. In my top 3 games of this year.

Edit: your better off just shooting one of the zombies legs off as it takes less bullets than killing them.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I loved it. In my top 3 games of this year.

Edit: your better off just shooting one of the zombies legs off as it takes less bullets than killing them.

You sir are a saint and a scholar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Just want to be 100% sure- this is the disk & now digital download, correct?
    FIFA 20 at Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dinneenp wrote: »
    Just want to be 100% sure- this is the disk & now digital download, correct?
    FIFA 20 at Smyths

yes its the disc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What is it with modern warfare , every time I turn on the game there’s an update. I have to delete a game every time I literally only have fifa and red dead left and barely enough room to install this latest update

Did anyone know Celtic Force? Irish guy who at one point had over taken Stalion83 and had the highest global gamerscore. I'd no interaction with the guy outside of a boosting session for a game I can't even remember through TrueAchievements and followed him there. Just heard from someone I haven't gamed with in ages that the man passed during the summer :(

No idea if its true but for someone with 2 million gamerscore to have been offline for 6 months isn't a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Did anyone know Celtic Force? Irish guy who at one point had over taken Stalion83 and had the highest global gamerscore. I'd no interaction with the guy outside of a boosting session for a game I can't even remember through TrueAchievements and followed him there. Just heard from someone I haven't gamed with in ages that the man passed during the summer :(

No idea if its true but for someone with 2 million gamerscore to have been offline for 6 months isn't a good sign.

I remember the gamertag now that you mention it. Very sad to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Interesting. Seems the backward compatibility is working anyway.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1202354057047728128

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement