Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Man that's moany :-) take a look at the pc market, you mostly get bland rectangular chassis. Yes there are some cool cases but that not going to happen in a console unless you want to pay €800 for it.

And yes they get dusty...

Even in the PC market there is cases with info panels on the front. When I buy a PC case I like a bland PC case when I buy a console I would like it to look good, when a console is marketed towards more 'powerful than what is currently available for PC' there is an expectation for that but in terms of design it falls way short. I would be willing to pay €800 for it even in its current state which is not an unlikely price for this monstrosity considering there will be 2 versions. One with lower specs and a higher end version which is most likely this version.

You are missing my point with the dust gathering and I didn't ask is it going to get dusty. On the xbox one 1st edition there is dust accumulation which is easily wiped away because of the design of the vents, which is exactly my point there is no wiping dust off the top of this and I say again because of the divot and the size of the holes dust will accumulate on top, possibly even in these holes.
    There is many poorly designed PC cases with smaller holes, please note I said poorly designed.

I will be buying this xbox but even so, moany has nothing to do with if you can't see the faults with it yourself I suggest you step back and take a look at it from a consumers stand point, which you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Even in the PC market there is cases with info panels on the front. When I buy a PC case I like a bland PC case when I buy a console I would like it to look good, when a console is marketed towards more 'powerful than what is currently available for PC' there is an expectation for that but in terms of design it falls way short. I would be willing to pay €800 for it even in its current state which is not an unlikely price for this monstrosity considering there will be 2 versions. One with lower specs and a higher end version which is most likely this version.

You are missing my point with the dust gathering and I didn't ask is it going to get dusty. On the xbox one 1st edition there is dust accumulation which is easily wiped away because of the design of the vents, which is exactly my point there is no wiping dust off the top of this and I say again because of the divot and the size of the holes dust will accumulate on top, possibly even in these holes.
    There is many poorly designed PC cases with smaller holes, please note I said poorly designed.

I will be buying this xbox but even so, moany has nothing to do with if you can't see the faults with it yourself I suggest you step back and take a look at it from a consumers stand point, which you are!

How do you know there's not a removable dust filter underneath the the vents? The vent might be removable to allow for cleaning. Or maybe they'll have it pull air from beneath and expel from the top (think that's how the Corsair One does it?) that should stop dust sticking to the top.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How do you know there's not a removable dust filter underneath the the vents? The vent might be removable to allow for cleaning. Or maybe they'll have it pull air from beneath and expel from the top (think that's how the Corsair One does it?) that should stop dust sticking to the top.

I don't, it crossed my mind also. I suppose more info is needed! And if there is not a removable dust filter.....

Not sure there is enough room to pull from the bottom - bottom/back perhaps, if so hopefully there is removable filters there! And if not.....

One of the bumpers on my v1 Elite controller broke. It's definitely out of warranty so is the only option to bin it?

One of the bumpers on my v1 Elite controller broke. It's definitely out of warranty so is the only option to bin it?

Replace the bumper yourself?

• Advertisement

Yeah I've read about that but they also say the replacements don't last any length of time. Guess I'd better get it done so.

Gamestop fix controllers for 30 quid or something. You could definitely fix it yourself for much much cheaper depending on the type of breakage that is.

You could also sell it for parts definitely don't bin it. It's fixable and still has value!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My Xbox One controller doesn't seem to be charging with the play and charge kit anymore. Just says "Plugged In" and the little orange light on the cable turns to white in a minute, suggesting it's fully charged. Only, when I unplug it, the thing tells me the battery is "critical"

So I'm assuming I need to buy another P&C kit?

My Xbox One controller doesn't seem to be charging with the play and charge kit anymore. Just says "Plugged In" and the little orange light on the cable turns to white in a minute, suggesting it's fully charged. Only, when I unplug it, the thing tells me the battery is "critical"

So I'm assuming I need to buy another P&C kit?

Have you tried a different cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Have you tried a different cable?

So many different cables. I even left it plugged in while I was in work today, I've just gotten home and it's still saying "critical" on the battery meter.

Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

So many different cables. I even left it plugged in while I was in work today, I've just gotten home and it's still saying "critical" on the battery meter.

Oh well
    it sounds like the battery fecked happen my dualshock 4 wouldn't hold a charge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Merry Xmas everybody, hope that Santa got you everything you all wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Gamestop fix controllers for 30 quid or something. You could definitely fix it yourself for much much cheaper depending on the type of breakage that is.

You could also sell it for parts definitely don't bin it. It's fixable and still has value!

My controller kind of sticks to the last direction pressed.

So if i press the left stick to go up, it kind of thinks that i have it pressed even if i release it.

Dont know how to express it differently.

Any chance this is fixable or to throw it?

in2dark wrote: »
    My controller kind of sticks to the last direction pressed.

So if i press the left stick to go up, it kind of thinks that i have it pressed even if i release it.

Dont know how to express it differently.

Any chance this is fixable or to throw it?
    Is it brand new? They loosen up. Otherwise might be worth trying a squirt of lubricant before throwing it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Is it brand new? They loosen up. Otherwise might be worth trying a squirt of lubricant before throwing it away.

It is one year old. I saw on youtube they call it "drift"

Common issue they say :-(

I've had it in a couple of mine. Some games have a setting called dead zone calibration which will fix this, like in borderlands 3 if I leave my character still they will slowly creep left but I eliminated it with the dead zone options

This is an option that should be in a lot more games. Or possibly on the xbox itself even.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've had it in a couple of mine. Some games have a setting called dead zone calibration which will fix this, like in borderlands 3 if I leave my character still they will slowly creep left but I eliminated it with the dead zone options

This is an option that should be in a lot more games. Or possibly on the xbox itself even.

I was wondering if it was my controller when playing Borderlands 3 yesterday. Phew, thanks for the info.

in2dark wrote: »
    It is one year old. I saw on youtube they call it "drift"

Common issue they say :-(

It is still under warranty!!

It is still under warranty!!
    Isn't the warranty 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Isn't the warranty 12 months?

Warranty under EU law is 2 years.

• Advertisement

Makes you feel for the poor bastards in the US you see on Reddit and the like with broken elites, they get a 90 day one.

Warranty under EU law is 2 years.
    That's mentioned alot on boards but I dont think it's true. The warranty is whatever the retailer says it is. Especially for something susceptible to wear and tear. I cant trash a controller and expect 2 years worth of replacements.

That's mentioned alot on boards but I dont think it's true. The warranty is whatever the retailer says it is. Especially for something susceptible to wear and tear. I cant trash a controller and expect 2 years worth of replacements.

Please go brush up on the Supply of Goods and Service Act before posting nonsense. A warranty is completely different to your consumer rights.

A person has absolutely no comeback if they "trash" the product themselves. It's there to cover people from a manufacturing default or known widespread issues.

Please go brush up on the Supply of Goods and Service Act before posting nonsense. A warranty is completely different to your consumer rights.

A person has absolutely no comeback if they "trash" the product themselves. It's there to cover people from a manufacturing default or known widespread issues.
    Right, of which there are none.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Right, of which there are none.

Stick drift issue is a well known issue with XB1 controllers since 2013.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Stick drift issue is a well known issue with XB1 controllers since 2013.

So your advice to the lad asking if his controller can be fixed is to start a class action lawsuit?

There are many things that can go wrong with a controller. It doesn't necessarily.mean you are entitled to anything and telling people the warranty is 2 years is just bad advice. The warranty is 12 months.

Sure, if there is a fundamental flaw and enough outrage like the nintendo joy cons then they can be forced to dish out replacements.

So your advice to the lad asking if his controller can be fixed is to start a class action lawsuit?

There are many things that can go wrong with a controller. It doesn't necessarily.mean you are entitled to anything and telling people the warranty is 2 years is just bad advice. The warranty is 12 months.

Sure, if there is a fundamental flaw and enough outrage like the nintendo joy cons then they can be forced to dish out replacements.

There is no such thing as a Class Action Lawsuit in Ireland. Your watching a bit too much US tv ;)

If you argue something has a warranty of 5 years you'll get it, of which there are many things covered with a 5 year warranty. A warranty on any electronics in the EU is 2 years.

There is no need to start any action as it is still under warranty which is in place to prevent a "lawsuit".

You hear it a lot on boards because that is the law!!

If you argue something has a warranty of 5 years you'll get it, of which there are many things covered with a 5 year warranty. A warranty on any electronics in the EU is 2 years.

There is no need to start any action as it is still under warranty which is in place to prevent a "lawsuit".

You hear it a lot on boards because that is the law!!
    Microsoft say its 12 months. So with that as a starting point please explain how someone gets a replacement outside of 12 months.

The reason I'm disagreeing is because I've tried it myself on a couple of occasions. Once in argos for a pair of headphones and another with microsoft for a broken 3.5mm jack on the controller. Both occasions I was refused.

So please rather than telling people it's the law which actually does not help their problem in anyway whatsoever, please explain how you get a free replacement without taking legal action to have this apparent law enforced.

I have since asked a barrister family member for his opinion and have been told that there are statutory rights which protect the consumers from faulty goods. This is for faults that exist at the time of purchase. The warranty is in addition to your statutory rights and are determined by the seller. It is simply not true that there are statutory rights applied to warranties that determine the length of the warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Microsoft say its 12 months. So with that as a starting point please explain how someone gets a replacement outside of 12 months.

The reason I'm disagreeing is because I've tried it myself on a couple of occasions. Once in argos for a pair of headphones and another with microsoft for a broken 3.5mm jack on the controller. Both occasions I was refused.

So please rather than telling people it's the law which actually does not help their problem in anyway whatsoever, please explain how you get a free replacement without taking legal action to have this apparent law enforced.

I have since asked a barrister family member for his opinion and have been told that there are statutory rights which protect the consumers from faulty goods. This is for faults that exist at the time of purchase. The warranty is in addition to your statutory rights and are determined by the seller. It is simply not true that there are statutory rights applied to warranties that determine the length of the warranty.

If.ypu snap a thumb stick off thats your fault.

If through Normal use controller has stick drift that is a common defect of the product and is covered by warranty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement