Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Been a while since I graced these shores. Powered on my Xbox for the first time in 2 years recently. Lots of updates to be done.
    Just wondering if there's such thing as an RTE or Virgin Media app available on it? Have my console setup in my games room and would like to have a few TV viewing options there. Have Netflix, Amazon, Now TV, Channel 4 and YouTube apps downloaded already. Couldn't see the other 2 though anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Been a while since I graced these shores. Powered on my Xbox for the first time in 2 years recently. Lots of updates to be done.
    Just wondering if there's such thing as an RTE or Virgin Media app available on it? Have my console setup in my games room and would like to have a few TV viewing options there. Have Netflix, Amazon, Now TV, Channel 4 and YouTube apps downloaded already. Couldn't see the other 2 though anywhere.

Neither are there. Do you really want RTE Player though? Their servers are incapable of having more than 10 people watch anything simultaneously.

Ya I know. Even on my own smart tv in the main living room it chugs at times despite being right beside the wifi router. I have friends staying with me for the next few weeks and just wanted them to have a few TV options in their own living room type space in case they want to avoid my better half subjecting them to Love Island every evening.
    Thanks for your help. Are there any other TV apps I'm forgetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

Thanks for your help. Are there any other TV apps I'm forgetting?

If you have a sky tv subscription you can get the sky app on your xbox and watch a good few channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I recently got 3 months of GPU. I've never had Game Pass before, and the last time I have Xbox live was back in the 360 days! Where is the cheapest place to get a headset? It'll only be used a handful of times playing against a mate down the country, so the cheaper the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I recently got 3 months of GPU. I've never had Game Pass before, and the last time I have Xbox live was back in the 360 days! Where is the cheapest place to get a headset? It'll only be used a handful of times playing against a mate down the country, so the cheaper the better!

I just plug standard headphones into the controller, I must have a half dozen of them around the house from old phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

theteal wrote: »
    I just plug standard headphones into the controller, I must have a half dozen of them around the house from old phones.

This will work. If you want an actual headset I would recommend the Rig 500. They're €55 in Smyths.

theteal wrote: »
    This will work. If you want an actual headset I would recommend the Rig 500. They're €55 in Smyths.

Didn't realise standard headphones would work, thanks lads!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Didn't realise standard headphones would work, thanks lads!

They work on newer controllers, with a built in headphone jack. Older ones require the use of an adapter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Console Streaming (i.e. not xCloud) is rolling out to all Insiders.

https://twitter.com/xboxinsider/status/1217914861482430465

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Console Streaming (i.e. not xCloud) is rolling out to all Insiders.

https://twitter.com/xboxinsider/status/1217914861482430465

Is it still possible to get in to this program to try it out?

Is it still possible to get in to this program to try it out?

Yes, just search for the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So this is console streaming to your phone yeah?
    Rather than the existing console streaming to PC that's already there? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    So this is console streaming to your phone yeah?
    Rather than the existing console streaming to PC that's already there? :)

Basically yes, it's streaming to any (android for now, iOS later this month) mobile in any supported country, where as previously it was limited to your own wifi network.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

'previously it was limited to your own wifi network.'

That's excellent. 'Going for a litre of milk, luv" is gonna take hours :pac:

TrueAchiements had #MyDecadeOnXbox feature which was a cool summery of your gaming over the last 10 years. Phil Spencer tweeted his and it generated about 50k new users to the site which is what they would typically see in a year.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1218291796037341185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1218291796037341185&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trueachievements.com%2Fn40396%2Fscanner-back-log-due-to-unprecedented-new-registrations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hi all hopefully someone can help, signed up to the Vodafone 4g broadband ( returned it as I didn't want to risk being locked into a year contract of I couldn't fix it) and so far everything is good bar trying to play online, it says my mtu is 1370 but should be 1384 or higher it also mentioned that upnp was not working, just wondering if anyone else had this issue and we're they able to resolve it?

So. Covid-19 lock in.

What's every one doing to keep busy during the quarantine?

I've been playing through Gears 5, which I'm enjoying, even if it hasn't super caught me yet. When the wife and kids are using the TV, I've been playing through Breath of the Wild on the auld switch lite.

Outside of gaming, I've been deleting spams posts here (thanks for the reports, folks!), watching really bad movies (Midway is shockingly bad) and eating sweets and drinking a lot. Decided to knock the last two on the head, have been feeling pretty fecking terrible most days, so today is the first day where I feel somewhat decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

So. Covid-19 lock in.

I've been working from home since July, so no change there.
    Splitting the time between watching old TV shows with the wife, and playing old games on PC and XBox. I've just finished again Far Cry 5, just because I wanted to raid those prepper bunkers. Now went back to AC Odyssey, which I never completed.

So. Covid-19 lock in.

Working from home for a week and a half at this point. I'm trying to keep a bit of a routine, but it's not been overly successful. I'm trying to get out for a walk everyday, some days twice a day (15 minutes at lunchtime and longer in the evenings). My walks have been around the area I live and I have been avoiding parks due to the number of people around. I haven't really got stuck into any games properly, but have been playing bits here and there (mainly Fifa online). My Game Pass Ultimate is up in 2 weeks, so I will have to renew that. I think I will stick the SNES mini in the bedroom so I don't have to take up the main TV if I want to play a game. Myself and the girlfriend are sitting down every evening to watch TV (a movie normally) and we make sure this is a no phone time, just to take a break from constantly reading about Covid-19 on the news/social media, and finding it helps the head a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive been playing Lego Stars Wars with the 5 year old. Been rrying to keep her away from video games but with the lock down Ive allowed her to have a few hours play to keep her busy.

Turns out she loves Star Wars and the games have been a gateway to the movies.

I also have the old 360 and kinect, so Just Dance and Kinect sports have been used.

Ive been playing Batman Telltale 1 and 2, and started up Two Point Hospital last night. Brings back memories of Theme Hospital.

Playing state of decay 2 again. Skills I learn in that might be useful should the virus take a more sinister turn!!! :pac:

Routine is a difficult one for me too. Been at home for a week and a half trying to work and keep a 2 and 6 year old occupied. Walks are a big part of it for us but like others just around the locality. I have a nice 4.5km loop we can do and we meet only 2 or 3 others.

I miss cycling to work every day and have only been able to that at the weekends now but the roads have been noticeably quieter. It was 20km before I met a car on Saturday morning and I wasn't on the back roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have a few digital game codes if anyone needs something to ease the boredom - I cant say for certain, but I think its sea of thieves, minecraft and forza horizon 3.

reply below and i'll PM anyone who wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I wouldnt mind the sea of thieves one if you still have it

I have a few digital game codes if anyone needs something to ease the boredom - I cant say for certain, but I think its sea of thieves, minecraft and forza horizon 3.

reply below and i'll PM anyone who wants them.

I've enough games to try keep me amused for the moment, but that's a lovely gesture Stone Deaf, fair play :). Hopefully it'll help somebody kill a few hours over a couple of days

no probs, I'll check em when I get home, forza one is now gone also

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Only working from home from tomorrow but what with the pubs shut, been putting the hours in. Mass Effect had never grabbed me...until last week. Now 50 hours in. Now, the plot is great, the action not so much but must finish what I've started.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Only working from home from tomorrow but what with the pubs shut, been putting the hours in. Mass Effect had never grabbed me...until last week. Now 50 hours in. Now, the plot is great, the action not so much but must finish what I've started.

Man, what I wouldn't give to be able to play that series for the first time again. ME2 is still my favourite game of the 360 generation. I've played through it so many times, and I'm not one to go back to a game once I've finished it.

If you do eventually get around to ME3, make sure you've got the citadel DLC, it's free, but it makes it a far better game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Man, what I wouldn't give to be able to play that series for the first time again. ME2 is still my favourite game of the 360 generation. I've played through it so many times, and I'm not one to go back to a game once I've finished it.

If you do eventually get around to ME3, make sure you've got the citadel DLC, it's free, but it makes it a far better game.

Excellent. Working my way through them alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement