Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive been playing Lego Stars Wars with the 5 year old. Been rrying to keep her away from video games but with the lock down Ive allowed her to have a few hours play to keep her busy.

Turns out she loves Star Wars and the games have been a gateway to the movies.

The lego games are simply brilliant, I've spent hours with my son around the same age playing them all. And like you said, they're like sponges, he knows all the characters, Star Wars, Marvel and so on from playing the Lego games. The Incredibles is really enjoyable, give that a shot. X

I'm playing the first Lego the Movie game with our eldest and she loves it. I've played a fair few of them over the years and it's by far the best of them in terms of being a little different so as to be interesting to me again. For the most part they are more or less the same game every time.

They are great in how they are structured too, so that you can say OK we'll play through 2 levels tonight and pass an hour and then leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hurrache wrote: »
    The lego games are simply brilliant, I've spent hours with my son around the same age playing them all. And like you said, they're like sponges, he knows all the characters, Star Wars, Marvel and so on from playing the Lego games. The Incredibles is really enjoyable, give that a shot. X

Ive downloaded Lego Worlds. Not as easy to pick up for the little one.

But yeah, she loving Star Wars now, we have watched episodes 4 and 5 and she loves how the film is just like the game. She even turned to me to say 'wouldnt it be mad if Lukes daddy was Lord Vader'..... great little moment when he revealed at the end of Empire.

Gonna try pick up a few other lego ganes. Pirates of the Caribbean is 8 bucks on the store but the others like Batman and Indy are around 20 bucks despite being 360 games.

Gonna see if I can buy any cheaper digital downloads online. I see DC villains is 20 bucks on some sites,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm playing the first Lego the Movie game with our eldest and she loves it. I've played a fair few of them over the years and it's by far the best of them in terms of being a little different so as to be interesting to me again. For the most part they are more or less the same game every time.

They are great in how they are structured too, so that you can say OK we'll play through 2 levels tonight and pass an hour and then leave it at that.

We play 1 to 2 levels a day, currently working through Clone Wars and the odd bit of free play levels. She appreciates the free play levels more as she can change character's easily. Great way to pass the time olaying some problem solving levels and shooting some baddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive downloaded Lego Worlds. Not as easy to pick up for the little one.

Yeah, it's the least friendly game for kids to get into it.

Keep an eye on the store, they often get discounted, many of the Marvel ones were only discounted a week or two ago. And they often rotate into Gamespass.

DC Villains is great, but not as bright and cheerful as the others considering you're a baddy and maybe a bit tougher.

• Advertisement

Logo worlds was awful in what should have been a great idea on paper. Just play Minecraft and stick it in creative mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Lads, I was playing Gears 5 the other night, ranked playlist, and I got a message from a lad in my team that said "stop push...."

I haven't played Gears online with anyone in about 9 years so these new terms are alien to me lol WTF does "stop push" mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lads, I was playing Gears 5 the other night, ranked playlist, and I got a message from a lad in my team that said "stop push...."

I haven't played Gears online with anyone in about 9 years so these new terms are alien to me lol WTF does "stop push" mean?

He thinks you are pushing ahead of your team too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, another day, another day in doors. Finished the Gears 5 campaign, most enjoyable, you can definitely see the team behind it getting more confident.

Working through the Battlefield 5 campaign, and while it's good, the open world levels feel very sterile or something. I really shouldn't be too hard on them tough, they've never been more than an add-on bonus to the multiplayer.

Also, lock in is really difficult with two young kids. There's only so much Cosmic Yoga you can put up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    So, another day, another day in doors. Finished the Gears 5 campaign, most enjoyable, you can definitely see the team behind it getting more confident.

Working through the Battlefield 5 campaign, and while it's good, the open world levels feel very sterile or something. I really shouldn't be too hard on them tough, they've never been more than an add-on bonus to the multiplayer.

Also, lock in is really difficult with two young kids. There's only so much Cosmic Yoga you can put up with.

same story here, herself is working from home, so I'm essentially at a loose end. I've come to re evaluate my opinion of the Irish prison system being soft. I've all the comforts of home and am badly craving some time outdoor to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Did anybody notices microsoft rewards messed up I saw Gears of war 5 get 500 points for doing a punch card you had do three thing I unlocked two and last wouldn't unlock it was get a new achievement on Gear 5.

I said feck it try tomorrow then disappeared the next day.Im starting to dislike microsoft because I pre-order resident evil 3 in 2019 then was thinking grand I get the 6000 points for punch card getting close to the launch it say on punch card has to be purchase from march 24 to april 20.

I ask for a refund so probably go with a pc next gen since all there games will be on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone know if there is a Spring/Easter sale coming up soon?

CatInABox wrote: »

I never did finish Gears 5. Been meaning to go back to it.

I've been playing Hellblade and COD Warzone. Really enjoying Hellblade. Very unique, clever game. Not too taxing but to be honest I hate getting stuck in games and the nice steady pace of progression and pings of achievements is very enjoyable right now.

I'm very fortunate to still be working from home. All day working on a PC and then the rest of my time playing video games. I gotta say though, it's a great hobby to have at the moment. We just have to do what we have to do to stay sane. There's no screen time guilt in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a Spring/Easter sale coming up soon?

Starts today!

https://majornelson.com/2020/03/30/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-170/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Typical! Only bought marvel super heroes for €40 a few days ago

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Inside Xbox is on now, if anyone is interested.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Isolation has given me the oppurtunity to give Game Pass some proper use. Gonna start Gears 5 tonight. Definitely my fav Xbox series. The Xbox app on Windows 10 is a God-send. So handy to be able to play games without hogging the TV on the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Isolation has given me the oppurtunity to give Game Pass some proper use. Gonna start Gears 5 tonight. Definitely my fav Xbox series. The Xbox app on Windows 10 is a God-send. So handy to be able to play games without hogging the TV on the other half.

What games can u play on the win10 machine?
    The same? Will you need a good pc with strong graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

in2dark wrote: »

You can stream your xbox to your Windows 10 pc, your Xbox is doing all the hard work no need for a monster graphics card

It's quite handy especially when working from home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Xbox app just streams to the PC. You could just install the game and play the PC version if your rig can handle it, your saves will port too if it is a play anywhere game like GoW5 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

The Xbox app just streams to the PC. You could just install the game and play the PC version if your rig can handle it, your saves will port too if it is a play anywhere game like GoW5 too.

Wowwww didnt know
    So all I need is a laptop that is on the same wifi with the xbox?
    And then install this xbox app on the laptop.

You gave me homework... Thanks

Wowwww didnt know
    So all I need is a laptop that is on the same wifi with the xbox?
    And then install this xbox app on the laptop.

You gave me homework... Thanks

Yep. Windows 10 will have the app already installed. My laptop would be well fit to handle playing games directly on it but I like that it doesn't take up any space on it when the game is just streaming from the console.
    I originally had my console in the converted attic but the wifi couldn't get the signal down to the living room, so I've relocated the console to the living room and now streaming works like a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭xgronkjabv6pcl

I bought an XBox One bundle recently and it appears that the game code and the Xbox Live subscription is missing from the box.

I have tried contacting the retailer but as you can imagine the customer service is hard to reach at the minute.

I contacted Microsoft and they directed towards the retailer.
    Any chance Microsoft will honour the code or am I stuck waiting on the retailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,005 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I bought an XBox One bundle recently and it appears that the game code and the Xbox Live subscription is missing from the box.

I have tried contacting the retailer but as you can imagine the customer service is hard to reach at the minute.

Any chance Microsoft will honour the code or am I stuck waiting on the retailer?

Is there a small black box inside the console box?

microsoft support terrible you be waiting while for replay over covid 19.They might honour the code but most likely not.

Yep. Windows 10 will have the app already installed. My laptop would be well fit to handle playing games directly on it but I like that it doesn't take up any space on it when the game is just streaming from the console.
    I originally had my console in the converted attic but the wifi couldn't get the signal down to the living room, so I've relocated the console to the living room and now streaming works like a dream.
    I find theres just enough lag to put me off and not bother with it. It's as if the controller feels spongy.

I find theres just enough lag to put me off and not bother with it. It's as if the controller feels spongy.

Haven't noticed any lag myself. Ive noticed minor lag when streaming Stadia games, but again not enough to frustrate me while paying a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭xgronkjabv6pcl

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there a small black box inside the console box?

No nothing there. Small tear on the box but it looked factory sealed so not sure what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

Guys total newbie to xbox here. I used to play playstation megadrive as a kid/teenager. Got the playstation 2 and gave it to my brother. Kind of got bored with it. I used to love Fifa and would play it online before. I would only be playing it the odd time and wondering is it worth the investment for me. What would I need to get going? Thanks

• Advertisement

rafa05 wrote: »
    Guys total newbie to xbox here. I used to play playstation megadrive as a kid/teenager. Got the playstation 2 and gave it to my brother. Kind of got bored with it. I used to love Fifa and would play it online before. I would only be playing it the odd time and wondering is it worth the investment for me. What would I need to get going? Thanks
    It depends on how much your willing to spend the new xbox series x out late this year.The xbox x going for a good price you just need xbox gold or ultimate to play online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement