Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

rafa05 wrote: »
    Guys total newbie to xbox here. I used to play playstation megadrive as a kid/teenager. Got the playstation 2 and gave it to my brother. Kind of got bored with it. I used to love Fifa and would play it online before. I would only be playing it the odd time and wondering is it worth the investment for me. What would I need to get going? Thanks

Get a cheap second hand console (Xbox One S is probably your best bet), get a year of Xbox Live from someplace cheap like CDKeys, and then look at EA Access. It's a subscription that gives you access to loads of EA games, including FIFA (at least, last years version).

Also look at Game Pass, another subscription, which gives you access to hundreds of games. Not that with Game Pass, there is a deal which will upgrade any Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate (Live Gold and Game Pass). You can read more about this deal here. It's amazing.

Game Pass has PES for your football needs unless you are not die hard Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Game Pass has PES for your football needs unless you are not die hard Fifa.

I tried it, and thought it was brutal. Very slow and clunky compared to Fifa (I’m not a die hard Fifa so would have happily stuck with PES if it was any use!)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

CatInABox wrote: »
    Get a cheap second hand console (Xbox One S is probably your best bet), get a year of Xbox Live from someplace cheap like CDKeys, and then look at EA Access. It's a subscription that gives you access to loads of EA games, including FIFA (at least, last years version).

Also look at Game Pass, another subscription, which gives you access to hundreds of games. Not that with Game Pass, there is a deal which will upgrade any Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate (Live Gold and Game Pass). You can read more about this deal here. It's amazing.

Ah right got you. So I just pay for say a month of a particular subscription ie EA Access - 1 Month Subscription and that gives me access to play a list of games there for a month against other people? This would suit me as I may play it one month and then not again for 2-3 months.

2nd hand xbox one s sounds the way forward. What should I look out for get with it?

thank you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah right got you. So I just pay for say a month of a particular subscription ie EA Access - 1 Month Subscription and that gives me access to play a list of games there for a month against other people? This would suit me as I may play it one month and then not again for 2-3 months.

2nd hand xbox one s sounds the way forward. What should I look out for get with it?

thank you

Any console you buy will come with one controller, and that should be that really. If you think you might have friends over (post COVID19, of course) then look at a second controller. The controllers run on AA batteries, so either get rechargeable AAs, or the official play and charge kit.

If you want to play against others online, then you'll need the Xbox Live Gold subscription as well. This comes with four free games per month, of varying quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭duefrine

Nob question...

If I buy a game code off the Microsoft UK site, will it be good to redeem on my Xbox in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

duefrine wrote: »
    Nob question...

If I buy a game code off the Microsoft UK site, will it be good to redeem on my Xbox in Ireland...

Maybe. Some codes do, and others don't. Recently a few lads on here have had problems with the recent call of duty. But it varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭duefrine

Maybe. Some codes do, and others don't. Recently a few lads on here have had problems with the recent call of duty. But it varies.

Thanks for the reply.... Think I will just pay the extra few euros on the Irish site....

How much should I be looking to pay for Xbox one S 2nd hand. I have been having a quick look on ebay.

I would be then looking to buy FiFA 20 and GTA 5. 2nd hand or new. What would be the best way to buy those?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

...GTA 5. 2nd hand or new. What would be the best way to buy those?

thanks

GTA v is on game pass if you have that subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

thank you

If you only want to play single player against the computer you dont need xbox live (also called xbox gold), nor gamepass.

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭xgronkjabv6pcl

I bought an XBox One bundle recently and it appears that the game code and the Xbox Live subscription is missing from the box.

I have tried contacting the retailer but as you can imagine the customer service is hard to reach at the minute.

I contacted Microsoft and they directed towards the retailer.
    Any chance Microsoft will honour the code or am I stuck waiting on the retailer?

Credit where credit is due.

Microsoft gave me the deluxe version of the game.

Not the most straight forward process at times but can't complain with the end result.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're pretty good that way.

A cheap XBL code I got off cdkeys stopped working a while back, when I got onto them they gave me a new one and an extra three months for free along with 40 euro in XBL credit to compensate me for the inconvenience!

I'm looking at 2nd hand xbox one's on ebay. I don't know if its the lockdown, but prices seem a bit silly. Might look at buying a new ones with warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hey guys, where are the most popular sites to buy digital download codes.

I wanna buy Transformers Devastation but its taken down on the xbox store.

I wanna buy it but dont wanna buy a hard copy. Ive searched online and cant find anywhere that seems legit to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

beakerjoe wrote: »

I wanna buy it but dont wanna buy a hard copy. Ive searched online and cant find anywhere that seems legit to buy it.

That was never sold as a code, hard copy will be the only way to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That was never sold as a code, hard copy will be the only way to get it.

From what I can see it was sold on the marketplace and as digital downloads but was taken off the market when Hasbro took the licence away from Activision.

Im thinking Hard copy is the only way sadly. At least its cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

beakerjoe wrote: »

As it's only on hard copy, and if you are okay with that, when Cex reopen, they have it for a score (preowned) or you can buy it new from Amazon here if you want it quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Myself and nephew share my game pass ultimate. 2 consoles in 2 locations.
    Is it possible to play certain/any games with each other at the same time using a guest profile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GBX wrote: »
    Myself and nephew share my game pass ultimate. 2 consoles in 2 locations.
    Is it possible to play certain/any games with each other at the same time using a guest profile?

You can play on your own profiles, guest profiles will work online on the home console too. If you have game sharing set up correctly your nephew is also sharing your gold from the GPU sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You can play on your own profiles, guest profiles will work online on the home console too. If you have game sharing set up correctly your nephew is also sharing your gold from the GPU sub.

Ok cool. I'll give it a go so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im trying to get fortnite to play in same house on xbox and pc and with ps4 from another house. Xbox and pc have ultimate. Wrecking my head. Was able to get ps4 and pc teamed together but cant get xbox player to join. I had big hassle getting sea of thieves to play pc and xbox together as well but got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Glebee wrote: »
    Im trying to get fortnite to play in same house on xbox and pc and with ps4 from another house. Xbox and pc have ultimate. Wrecking my head. Was able to get ps4 and pc teamed together but cant get xbox player to join. I had big hassle getting sea of thieves to play pc and xbox together as well but got it working.

Did you add them on your EPIC games friend list? (NOT XBox/Playstation friends list as its impossible)

You can add them on the EPIC friends list using the OPTIONS(PS4) or MENU(Xbox) button on controller. It should work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did you add them on your EPIC games friend list? (NOT XBox/Playstation friends list as its impossible)

You can add them on the EPIC friends list using the OPTIONS(PS4) or MENU(Xbox) button on controller. It should work fine

Im tried all that. Its doing me head in:confused::confused::confused:
    Cross play grant on PC to PS4, cant get xbox to join. All have seperate epic accounts as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Glebee wrote: »
    Im tried all that. Its doing me head in:confused::confused::confused:
    Cross play grant on PC to PS4, cant get xbox to join. All have seperate epic accounts as well...
    you need to allow crossplay on Xbox too.
    Is the issue that you cant accept an invite? or cant add them as a friend? You never specified

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Had this issue with Sea of Thieves before on two Xbox consoles in the same house. Nat Type was the issue.
    I had Fortnite working in the same room the other day on a Switch, two Xboxes and a PS4 which worked fine as long as you added Epic user names.

Not sure if these are free all the time, but they're free now:

Crackdown

Crackdown 2

So there's a big next gen third party games reveal tomorrow on the 7th, at 4pm, but MS just detailed their roadmap for revealing more over the next few months. There's going to be monthly reveals for the rest of the year, presumably up until launch. See here.

Interestingly enough, they've talked about what they're going to show this month (third party games), and July (first party games), but they've conspicuously not talked about June. Xbox Series S reveal perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    So there's a big next gen third party games reveal tomorrow, at 4pm, but MS just detailed their roadmap for revealing more over the next few months. There's going to be monthly reveals for the rest of the year, presumably up until launch. See here.

Interestingly enough, they've talked about what they're going to show this month (third party games), and July (first party games), but they've conspicuously not talked about June. Xbox Series S reveal perhaps?

The reveal is on on Thursday (7th) isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement