Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, you can get codes for Xbox Live from the US (or anywhere, really), but those codes won't work on anything other than a US (or relevant countries) account.

You sure that is true? I've definitely redeemed US Xbox Live codes no issue

Only one I've read won't work (and had a problem with personally) is a Brazilian code.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    You sure that is true? I've definitely redeemed US Xbox Live codes no issue

Only one I've read won't work (and had a problem with personally) is a Brazilian code.

Huh. You're right, Brazil and Mexico are the only countries with this restriction. Was full sure that there was more restrictions.

More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

Hi, Could anyone please help me with following problem, its driving me nuts.
    Santa got my son xbox 1 with fifa & Forza horizon/hot wheels.
    Fifa was included as disc but no Forza (which i assume you download)
    I cant figure out how to find it to download.
    I have googled and still cant find any info.
    Its not in apps and in the shop it either to tells me buy it or use a redeem code(which I dont have).
    I emailed harvey norman to see if code should have been included when purchased but no response.
    thanks

Yes, there should have been a little insert with the code on it, looks like this:

forza_horizon_3_deluxe_edition_xbox.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wobert wrote: »
    Its not in apps and in the shop it either to tells me buy it or use a redeem code(which I dont have).
    I emailed harvey norman to see if code should have been included when purchased but no response.
    thanks

Did you not get a card in the box along with an EA Access and Xbox Live trial? Scratch the back of the card and you'll see a code, redeem that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

thanks

in the packaging that the xbox came with, there should be a thing that looks like a black sleeve. In that, there is slips of paper, one will have a month of free game pass on one side and a month of free live on the other. there will be another one in there with the forza codes. go the the store, and click redeem code, then enter the 25 digit code on there and download away.

Thanks for response
    I didnt see anything in the box like the above.
    Just rang my wife to ask her to check and she said oh yeah I put that in the drawer where we keep the instructucions:mad::mad:
    She has been watching me trying to sort this out since christmas day.
    Jesus wept
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks for response
    I didnt see anything in the box like the above.
    Just rang my wife to ask her to check and she said oh yeah I put that in the drawer where we keep the instructucions:mad::mad:
    She has been watching me trying to sort this out since christmas day.
    Jesus wept
    Thanks again

The main thing is its found even if its frustrating! :D

Yes very true.
    I should have asked here in the first place. Saved myself a lot of hassle.
    Next time I'm stuck I will.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Regarding the Kinect adaptor, keep an eye on CEX here!
    You might get lucky :)

IE Site (€28)
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=0885370862478#.Wky1rE1ii70

UK Site (£65)
    https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=0885370862478#.Wky2vU1ii70

I have a feeling that UK might be aware of their worth :P

• Advertisement

Got my IPTV up and running in Kodi on the One lastnight, this is lovely :)

Now I really wish snap was still a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I much prefer using the stand alone IPTV apps than having to trudge through Kodi. Definitely agree about snap being removed, sometimes if I really want to play a game and want to keep an eye on a match or something I switch the IPTV to the iPad but would prefer both on screen.

maximoose wrote: »
    Got my IPTV up and running in Kodi on the One lastnight, this is lovely :)

Now I really wish snap was still a thing

Has it been updated ? Didn't see SimpleIPTV or similar in the list of add on's when I looked the other day. Use it on my pc to grab live tv from the main tv box running kodi/tvheadend

I much prefer using the stand alone IPTV apps than having to trudge through Kodi. Definitely agree about snap being removed, sometimes if I really want to play a game and want to keep an eye on a match or something I switch the IPTV to the iPad but would prefer both on screen.

Yeah I have the SmartIPTV app on my TV, which is probably a little quicker - but find the EPG and general UI of Kodi much nicer.
    Has it been updated ? Didn't see SimpleIPTV or similar in the list of add on's when I looked the other day. Use it on my pc to grab live tv from the main tv box running kodi/tvheadend

Can't remember the name of the add on but it's in TV services, think it begins with P and has IPTV in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone get live TV from a STB working with Kodi? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinimc

I'm very new to all this xbox stuff. We got out sons the Xbox 1 S for xmas. We took it out before xmas and did all the downloads, what we didn't realise was how much internet it takes as in GB not MB. He did it at work as they had fast broadband as he used up all his 10GB on his phone. We dont' have internet at home only on our phones so was using our hotspots but we can't keep doing this going forward as we're afraid it will go over our limits. We've been giving alot of mixed messages from where we bought the console and others. Basically i'm asking what does people use for updating the system. Everytime they put in a disc it has to be downloaded first. My son is actually getting annoyed now. Think we all thought that once all the updates were done, you put in your disc and played. Even his brother had to create an account to play multi player. So i'm asking for advise on what best to do with regards to downloads etc. We've been told that if we had an old mobile broadband dongle and put in a SIM card and top it up by €20 that we could use this then for the xbox and if the credit runs out then we can just top up again, it saves getting any hefty bills with our mobiles. Has anyone done this, i've got a vodfaone and a three dongle at home and phone sim cards. Sorry for lengthy post but need advise please. thanks.

tinimc wrote: »
    I'm very new to all this xbox stuff. We got out sons the Xbox 1 S for xmas. We took it out before xmas and did all the downloads, what we didn't realise was how much internet it takes as in GB not MB. He did it at work as they had fast broadband as he used up all his 10GB on his phone. We dont' have internet at home only on our phones so was using our hotspots but we can't keep doing this going forward as we're afraid it will go over our limits. We've been giving alot of mixed messages from where we bought the console and others. Basically i'm asking what does people use for updating the system. Everytime they put in a disc it has to be downloaded first. My son is actually getting annoyed now. Think we all thought that once all the updates were done, you put in your disc and played. Even his brother had to create an account to play multi player. So i'm asking for advise on what best to do with regards to downloads etc. We've been told that if we had an old mobile broadband dongle and put in a SIM card and top it up by €20 that we could use this then for the xbox and if the credit runs out then we can just top up again, it saves getting any hefty bills with our mobiles. Has anyone done this, i've got a vodfaone and a three dongle at home and phone sim cards. Sorry for lengthy post but need advise please. thanks.

What games do they have?

You can set the Xbox to offline (discount from the internet) and you won't have to download anymore updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinimc

Minecraft came with the console and had to be downloaded but certain parts need the internet to work (don't ask cos i haven't a clue i just here this from the boys), we got Ben 10, Marvel Avengers, very basic games, my son is 8. so nothing too major.

Minecraft came with the console and had to be downloaded but certain parts need the internet to work (don't ask cos i haven't a clue i just here this from the boys), we got Ben 10, Marvel Avengers, very basic games, my son is 8. so nothing too major.

If he's working on servers on Minecraft your going to have to stay connected to the internet then. Then every new game they get will have new patches that need to be downloaded, and older games may get the odd patch to improve things.

All consoles are like this now. As suggested in one of the shops it might be worth investing in a 4G dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Tried to buy RDR on the Microsoft marketplace all morning for €12.89 and it wouldn't let me. Checked there again and it's now €29.99, fair disgusted tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tried to buy RDR on the Microsoft marketplace all morning for €12.89 and it wouldn't let me. Checked there again and it's now €29.99, fair disgusted tbh.

Well if rumours of an updated version for the Switch turn out to be true maybe Rockstar will release native versions for the current gen consoles and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Can you not get broadband at home. If gonna top up a card might as well put it towards bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Can you not get broadband at home. If gonna top up a card might as well put it towards bill?

Broadband is the best solution but the last time I checked it was roughly €50 a month compared to something like €20 for mobile.

But if you kids want to play online then dsl or cable whichever is available is the better option and you can also download a lot more also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Evening all,

I’m looking for help agsin,

My son wants to buy FIFA coins.

So we went to gamestop and said this to guy in shop and he said buy Xbox credit.

Bought it. Brought home code on receipt.

He then redeemed code and now he can’t figure out how to buy the coins... please help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lisha wrote: »
    Evening all,

I’m looking for help agsin,

My son wants to buy FIFA coins.

So we went to gamestop and said this to guy in shop and he said buy Xbox credit.

Bought it. Brought home code on receipt.

He then redeemed code and now he can’t figure out how to buy the coins... please help me?

Go to the store on the console and search for fifa (insert year here, I assume 18) points and you should get a list of points packs available for the game. Buy the one that is appropriate for the amount of credit purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Go to the store on the console and search for fifa (insert year here, I assume 18) points and you should get a list of points packs available for the game. Buy the one that is appropriate for the amount of credit purchased.

Thanks so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

CatInABox wrote: »
    Despite me posting updates about their progress anytime news leaked out, I still honestly never thought that I'd see the day....

Kodi is available to install on Xbox One.

It's an alpha, and I'm having difficulty adding my network shares, but then again, it's Kodi, so what did I expect?

Complete Kodi newbie.

Does anyone know of a handy guide for getting the most out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So far I have only been able to get Adult Swim working, cant seem to get the likes of Specto or Exodus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

So far I have only been able to get Adult Swim working, cant seem to get the likes of Specto or Exodus :(

That kind of discussion is frowned upon here....Official addons are ok but the third party mentions here are a no no.Plus Kodi on Xbox is a long way off from being complete,lots missing and bugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There are a few old Sega games on the store (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, etc.). Is there any way to play these on the Xbox One? I've had a quick look, and it seems they are only available for the 360, or am I missing something? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement