Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I tried playing nba 2k20 online a few times but the lag is unplayable. I don't have any problems on any other games except this. I am connected with wifi so have ordered an ethernet cable. I ran a speed test on my xbox and i was getting 142 mbps and i couldn't play it properly. Is there any way to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Am I better off stocking up on gold before joining the 1euro deal or does it matter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

rottie 11 wrote:
    Am I better off stocking up on gold before joining the 1euro deal or does it matter ?

Yes stock up now if possible, my sub ran out the other day so got 3 years worth of gold and then tried upgrading to ultimate for €1. Because I had already used that offer to upgrade I instead had to purchase a month of ultimate for €12.99 to convert it so if this is your first time going ultimate then make the most of it and get as much as you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rottie 11 wrote: »

Stock up first. If you put the Gold in first the entire length of your sub will be converted to GPU, if you redeem the Gold afterwards you get 1/3 of the time stated on the sub. The weighting is awful.

Ok sound I’m going to buy 12bmonths. I’ve already had the one euro offer before though so I’ll have to pay 13 will I ?

• Advertisement

Ok sound I’m going to buy 12bmonths. I’ve already had the one euro offer before though so I’ll have to pay 13 will I ?

Yeah, the €1 offer is a one off. You'll need to wait for your GPU sub to expire before entering the Gold sub, make sure auto renew is turned off.

Yeah, the €1 offer is a one off. You'll need to wait for your GPU sub to expire before entering the Gold sub, make sure auto renew is turned off.

Ah no my ultimate is expired with ages , so am I good to put in the gold ?

Ah no my ultimate is expired with ages , so am I good to put in the gold ?

If you currently have no sub you're g2g.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

If you currently have no sub you're g2g.

So if the Ultimate is allowed to expire and I have recurrent billing turned off and put in a 12 month gold code then "sign up" to Ultimate again I will get 12 month ultimate? Instead of the 4 month conversion rate?

So if the Ultimate is allowed to expire and I have recurrent billing turned off and put in a 12 month gold code then "sign up" to Ultimate again I will get 12 month ultimate? Instead of the 4 month conversion rate?

Yes, as long as the Ultimate has expired. A few other people on this forum have already done so after messing up with the offer.

• Advertisement

I did it there got game pass ultimate until August 21 and it only cost 46euro in total

mixed up wrote: »
    I tried playing nba 2k20 online a few times but the lag is unplayable. I don't have any problems on any other games except this. I am connected with wifi so have ordered an ethernet cable. I ran a speed test on my xbox and i was getting 142 mbps and i couldn't play it properly. Is there any way to fix this?

While I posted in this thread or another saying I've never encountered losing connection to the servers playing career mode, this unfortunately isn't an issue you can resolve.

I've always struggled shooting in the park and cant understand why some people can shoot nothing but green.

So much so I switched a few months back and grinded up a non shooting/interior force centre as you're not affected as much.

Even though the park says you're in an EU server its nowhere near the experience of other games. Its probably an EU server located in the states as I've seen lads with usernames signifying they were based in the US.

Just to say if anyone is having trouble redeeming XBL codes, my ultimate upgrade expired last week.

I bought a Brazil code and I couldn't use it on my main account.

I had to just use it on my older account, make that my home console and just switched back to my usual one.

The issue was that my expired XBL was still showing as active and the existing subscription was another region.

You'll have to wait for that to disappear before you could use the other region code.
    Even though I had no access on the console, the account listed it as active with an expiration date one day before.

I tried all the tricks but it wasnt going to work for at least a few days by the looks of things so I just did the work around above.
    It worked straight away after using the inactive account.

Lads can anyone link me to Microsoft chat I can’t seem to get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Lads can anyone link me to Microsoft chat I can’t seem to get into it

They seem to have hidden the option behind an "issue selection", and whatever you select as your problem, they say phone and chat are not an option.

I'm having issues with my controllers disconnecting from the XB1X, but they won't help.

513323.png

Ya that’s what I’m getting too. And I have the same issue as you , the controller is constantly disconnecting during games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ya that’s what I’m getting too. And I have the same issue as you , the controller is constantly disconnecting during games

Did you update it? Is it ok on wired.

Did you update it? Is it ok on wired.

Didn’t try it wired actually, I’ll give it a go. The headset volume keeps breaking up too when it’s plugged into controller

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Got this recently:

14IxDb4.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus, sure it's all scratched already. :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anyone use a mini projector for gaming? Have a teenager that's going to be stuck in the house for most of the summer and I don't want another TV in the house.

Looking at one of these. Room will be reasonably dark but not pitch black. Doesn't have to be amazing quality. Just as long as it's usable (i.e. he can still see what he needs to). I'd go a bit higher in cost but only to about €150. I will see if he's interested in adding his own money too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anyone use a mini projector for gaming? Have a teenager that's going to be stuck in the house for most of the summer and I don't want another TV in the house.

Looking at one of these. Room will be reasonably dark but not pitch black. Doesn't have to be amazing quality. Just as long as it's usable (i.e. he can still see what he needs to). I'd go a bit higher in cost but only to about €150. I will see if he's interested in adding his own money too though.

Buy cheap expect cheap. I can guarantee you it won't be anywhere near 4500 lumens (any spec that doesn't include "ANSI lumens" is always questionable as you can claim nearly any resolution in that case) and it will also be very loud due to the fan.

It "supports" 1080p but output is only 480p which is a bit crap.

However for that price and if you're not too fussy, its probably worth a punt!

Alternatively I would recommend buying a reputable branded 2nd hand projector instead.

Something like this.

https://www.adverts.ie/projector/optoma-hd65-projector/19779746

The Nal wrote: »
    Buy cheap expect cheap. I can guarantee you it won't be anywhere near 4500 lumens (any spec that doesn't include "ANSI lumens" is always questionable as you can claim nearly any resolution in that case) and it will also be very loud due to the fan.

It "supports" 1080p but output is only 480p which is a bit crap.

However for that price and if you're not too fussy, its probably worth a punt!

Alternatively I would recommend buying a reputable branded 2nd hand projector instead.

Something like this.

https://www.adverts.ie/projector/optoma-hd65-projector/19779746
    Cheers. Good advice. A few things I hadn't thought of to watch out for.

Keep an eye on the lag in the specs. Unlikely to be anywhere close to a tv but all depends how you are playing whether that's important. For online multiplayer you'll want to keep a low lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I know you said you dont want another telly, but would you consider a computer monitor instead? I had a projector for years, and once the novelty of the big screen wears off, you'll find that the image quality just isn't up to par, not to mention that you'll need a room with blackout blinds to get the best out of it if hes gaming during daylight hours of the summer. Likely easier to sell the monitor on after you're finished with it too.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/pc-for-sale/hp-24-quot-ips-monitor/24887807?campaign=14
    looks alright - the only thing to bear in mind for projectors and monitors alike is they dont usually have speakers, so he'll have to use a headset.

I know you said you dont want another telly, but would you consider a computer monitor instead? I had a projector for years, and once the novelty of the big screen wears off, you'll find that the image quality just isn't up to par, not to mention that you'll need a room with blackout blinds to get the best out of it if hes gaming during daylight hours of the summer. Likely easier to sell the monitor on after you're finished with it too.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/pc-for-sale/hp-24-quot-ips-monitor/24887807?campaign=14
    looks alright - the only thing to bear in mind for projectors and monitors alike is they dont usually have speakers, so he'll have to use a headset.
    I actually just had that thought :D. Might be the best option as it can be tidied away as easily as a projector.

Sound might be a minor issue because they don't always talk through Xbox live. I think I've a HDMI audio splitter lying around but not sure it handles the pass-through of whatever the encryption protocol is. I'll keep an eye out for one with headphone socket so he's not stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

You can get monitors with speakers no bother, with a 3.5 jack audio out too for headphones or to an external speaker. The problem is that if a monitor has speakers they usually have poor sound quality.

I have a monitor coming today so did a fair bit of browsing monitor reviews etc just last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I actually just had that thought :D. Might be the best option as it can be tidied away as easily as a projector.

Sound might be a minor issue because they don't always talk through Xbox live. I think I've a HDMI audio splitter lying around but not sure it handles the pass-through of whatever the encryption protocol is. I'll keep an eye out for one with headphone socket so he's not stuck.

you can plug headphones straight into the controller as well, might be easier.

Liamalone wrote: »
    You can get monitors with speakers no bother, with a 3.5 jack audio out too for headphones or to an external speaker. The problem is that if a monitor has speakers they usually have poor sound quality.

I have a monitor coming today so did a fair bit of browsing monitor reviews etc just last week.

Ya I'll keep an eye out for that kind of thing. Just need something so he can't complain :pac:

you can plug headphones straight into the controller as well, might be easier.
    They have issues with Xbox Live for chat so sometimes he'll have a WhatsApp call going with only one earphone in so he can hear the game sounds too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Talisman

Santa got one for us last Christmas - he shopped on Amazon (BOMAKER 6500 Lux Native 1080P Projector) with the £20 off offer it cost £180.

I find the fan is noisy but the kids don't notice and it does have a speaker. We don't have a screen but they close the curtains and project on to the wall. It was definitely a sound investment as it means the TVs in the house are always free and the fan noise means there are no sneaky midnight gaming sessions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement