Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

xckjoo wrote: »
    Ya I'll keep an eye out for that kind of thing. Just need something so he can't complain :pac:

They have issues with Xbox Live for chat so sometimes he'll have a WhatsApp call going with only one earphone in so he can hear the game sounds too.

Don't go near that projector you linked if he's using Xbox live, the image quality will be so poor it will hardly be useable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Cheers guys. Will probably go the monitor route as it'll be roughly as portable as the projector but I'll get more bang for my buck. The ideas is that if we're using the main TV, he'll be able to set up the Xbox + screen in the dining room. And then tidy it all away again when he's done

(we'll the main objective is to not have him moan at us because he can't hog the TV all evening :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I have no internet in the house for a few days. Just tried to put a dvd on the Xbox.

You have to be connected to the internet to watch a dvd?? That’s ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I have no internet in the house for a few days. Just tried to put a dvd on the Xbox.

Just use your phone as a hot spot and run the xbox off that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

switch the xbox to offline mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That only occurs the first time a dvd or bd is played on the console. It is done this way as MS have to pay an additional licence fee if the drive is used for video playback.

That only occurs the first time a dvd or bd is played on the console. It is done this way as MS have to pay an additional licence fee if the drive is used for video playback.

I’ve watched dvds on it before. 100%

switch the xbox to offline mode.

I did. Still won’t work

I did. Still won’t work

Try setting the Xbox as your home while online then go offline and see if this works, I am assuming you have internet on your phone seeing as you can post here, tether your Xbox and connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone play psychonauts? It's a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know what the lowest price one X bundle have gone down to in the past? I'm on the lookout for one but hoping to get a deal rather than pay full whack but also willing to wait for a good deal. Thanks

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the lowest price one X bundle have gone down to in the past? I'm on the lookout for one but hoping to get a deal rather than pay full whack but also willing to wait for a good deal. Thanks

They've gone down as low as €280 iirc.

They've gone down as low as €280 iirc.

Might wait until around black Friday, hopefully with the launch of the new machines I can get a good deal

Might wait until around black Friday, hopefully with the launch of the new machines I can get a good deal

If you're willing to wait that long I'd see what the price is of the Series X and go for that, all software and accessories for the One are compatible with the new console.

You might get a good deal but if there isn't a significant price difference there is no point in getting the older machine.

If you're willing to wait that long I'd see what the price is of the Series X and go for that, all software and accessories for the One are compatible with the new console.

You might get a good deal but if there isn't a significant price difference there is no point in getting the older machine.

Ye very true but I reckon the new machine will be minimum 500 and doubt I'll be in a position to fork out that much...but if the rumours are true about a cheaper model that might tempt me. Definitely going to wait until more details come out about price, models and release date but I'm not in a mad rush to have the next gen console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Can anyone recommend a steering wheel for Xbox use ?

Sick of using controller for driving games ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a steering wheel for Xbox use ?

Sick of using controller for driving games ….

Logitech G920. Will set you back about €300 though, also works on PC. H shifter is an additional €60, paddle shift is fine though.

Logitech G920. Will set you back about €300 though, also works on PC.

have this myself, just keep an eye out for deals, I picked it up on a black friday offer from currys for 150, and that included the manual shifter as well.

have this myself, just keep an eye out for deals, I picked it up on a black friday offer from currys for 150, and that included the manual shifter as well.

Yeah, I got mine for about that. No H shifter though.

Yeah, I got mine for about that. No H shifter though.

The shifter is grand, but tbh, I can only use it effectively in the forza games, in something like dirt rally where you're changing gears and directions so often, its not precise enough. I'd love a handbrake though.

• Advertisement

The shifter is grand, but tbh, I can only use it effectively in the forza games, in something like dirt rally where you're changing gears and directions so often, its not precise enough. I'd love a handbrake though.

Yeah, didn't really use the H shifter on my G25. Unfortunately Logitech changed the pin layout on the shifter between the G25 and the G27, the G29/G920 uses the G27 pin configuration.

All the One X models are currently down to €300, including the new Cyberpunk model in GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm starting Watch Dogs 2 can people hack into my game like the first?

I remember at the beginning of the first one getting a notification I was being hacked and I thought it was just part of the game and didn't realize till later in the game what was happening so I want to be prepared in this second title.

Yeah that can happen, though I'd say with the numbers playing at this stage it's unlikely.

Anyone know if there's any deals about for EA Access?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

€22.89
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/ea-access-12-month-subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got it for £16 on Amazon back in May, but it's back up to £20 now.
    I've found it on eneba for €20.78 now though :)

https://www.eneba.com/xbox-ea-access-pass-code-12-months-xbox-live-key-global

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Got the robot white xbox one x from that Gamestop offer recently.
    Hasn't shipped yet. 279 + 3 months game pass I think.
    Page says 1 month but box says 3.
    The cyberpunk 2077 looked fugly to me.

Was going to go ps4 slim but the price swayed me :)
    It's a much better machine technically + it'll be a nice stop gap until the next generation sorts itself out.
    Plus it's quiet and small !

Looking forward to RDR2, Ori, Forza ...
    That plus Switch will be plenty.

Now to find a decent/cheap 4k TV :) Have a 1440p monitor which the Xbox also works with :) which will do for a while.

How long will RDR2 stay on gamepass ?
    Will give it a spin there anyway ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nintendoo wrote: »
    Got the robot white xbox one x from that Gamestop offer recently.
    Hasn't shipped yet. 279 + 3 months game pass I think.
    Page says 1 month but box says 3.
    The cyberpunk 2077 looked fugly to me.

Was going to go ps4 slim but the price swayed me :)
    It's a much better machine technically + it'll be a nice stop gap until the next generation sorts itself out.
    Plus it's quiet and small !

Looking forward to RDR2, Ori, Forza ...
    That plus Switch will be plenty.

Now to find a decent/cheap 4k TV :) Have a 1440p monitor which the Xbox also works with :) which will do for a while.

How long will RDR2 stay on gamepass ?
    Will give it a spin there anyway ...

Get yourself two years of Xbox Live and then convert it to Game Pass Ultimate for €1. It's on offer for £35 for 12 months on CD Keys at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Nice one! Thanks!
    Let me digest that ... but not for too long :)
    Wow - great value.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement