Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nintendoo wrote: »
    Nice one! Thanks!
    Let me digest that ... but not for too long :)
    Wow - great value.

Redeem your 1st 12 month code and leave on auto renewal. That'll give you an extra month for free.

Redeem your 2nd 12 month code and leave on auto renewal. That'll give you an extra month for free.

So that'll give you 26 months. When you upgrade to GPU you'll get an additional month, so 27 months for €80ish. You could also add another 6 months Live Subscription before upgrading to get you up to 33 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Going to wait until I have the console first.
    Also, have pesky work to do.
    To pay for this stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Got the robot white xbox one x from that Gamestop offer recently.
    Hasn't shipped yet. 279 + 3 months game pass I think.
    Page says 1 month but box says 3.
    The cyberpunk 2077 looked fugly to me.

Was going to go ps4 slim but the price swayed me :)
    It's a much better machine technically + it'll be a nice stop gap until the next generation sorts itself out.
    Plus it's quiet and small !

Looking forward to RDR2, Ori, Forza ...
    That plus Switch will be plenty.

Now to find a decent/cheap 4k TV :) Have a 1440p monitor which the Xbox also works with :) which will do for a while.

How long will RDR2 stay on gamepass ?
    Will give it a spin there anyway ...

It will work with a 1440P monitor if it does 1440P over HDMI.

I had a 1440P 144Hz monitor but wouldn't do 1440p over HDMI only over Display port.

It will work with a 1440P monitor if it does 1440P over HDMI.

I had a 1440P 144Hz monitor but wouldn't do 1440p over HDMI only over Display port.

Will find out soon ... My Xbox has just shipped :):):)

Out for delivery.
    This is the best part!
    The anticipation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Out for delivery.
    This is the best part!
    The anticipation :)
    enjoy xbox x a good console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Does anybody use xbox console set up with keyboard and mouse along with controller and if so how does it handle? You Tube videos seem to suggest it works fine.

Just got the robot white xbox one x.
    Don't have time to set it up yet.

Wow, feels really really premium and looks fantastic.
    The controller feels great. Like a super premium Nintendo switch pro controller. Great design here.
    It's 1 month game pass, 14 days live.
    All for 279 euro.

Poor (ha) auld Microsoft really competing hard here.
    Kudos to them. If the series x is like this plus a cheaper base model and game pass ... they are really onto something. Plus the buy once , free upgrade for certain titles ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just got the robot white xbox one x.
    Don't have time to set it up yet.

Wow, feels really really premium and looks fantastic.
    The controller feels great. Like a super premium Nintendo switch pro controller. Great design here.
    Poor (ha) auld Microsoft really competing hard here.
    Kudos to them.

It's 1 month game pass, 14 days live.

All for 279 euro.

Sounds great, thanks for the update. Hoping to get the black X myself soon on Amazon (have voucher). Upgrading from a base PS4 myself, have a 4k tv ready and waiting for some cyberpunk goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I’m having awful issues with my headset, I can’t get the volume mix right between chat and game , there’s no volume adjustment on the headset itself so have to do it in settings and when I have the game volume down to the last it’s still too loud for chat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I’m having awful issues with my headset, I can’t get the volume mix right between chat and game , there’s no volume adjustment on the headset itself so have to do it in settings and when I have the game volume down to the last it’s still too loud for chat ?

Have you tried using the jack with the headset?

OK, had a quick spin on the new xbox one x.
    Pretty simple to set up, although it takes a while with the updates etc.
    You definitely need a fast Internet connection.
    Used a usb keyboard to enter my password etc which is handy, better than the controller.
    Nice UI etc, MS know what they are doing.

Signed up with free month for game pass + extra month free when you enter credit card and allow recurring charge. (which can be cancelled).
    Also allowed me to upgrade to game pass ultimate for a euro for a month.
    Downloaded Forza Horizon 4 and Ori will of the wisps.
    This took a couple of hours.
    Not used to this, coming from a Switch with cartridges.
    Forza was 76 GB so I can't complain.

Works fine with my 1440p monitor.
    I could just change to 1440p in settings.
    Runs quiet which I wanted and like !
    Also, lot of warm/hot air out the back; but this is a high powered console after all.
    I'm used to the Nintendo Switch which runs quiet and cool.
    The power cable doesn't fit very well; shoved it in a bit; but didn't want to push too hard.
    Also, bigger and heavier than I though it would be. But there's a lot of stuff in there :)
    The robot white looks super cool and minimal; overall a very well designed console.
    Also, like seeing Ireland mentioned on the hardware :)

Controller is great, but think I'll get battery low anxiety. Need to get some decent recharagables.
    Pretty much the same as the Switch pro controller; although the "action" button is different.
    Think the d-pad is better - certainly seemed totally smooth for Ori.
    Heavier too, but this is good.

Forza is great. Can see how I will get sucked into this. Really fun arcade racer. Brilliant stuff.
    Also, Ori is great, think I planned to play this for a few minutes; spent ages on it. The feels!

Graphics look great. Not sure if I'm that blown away - yet!
    Certainly Forza has an incredible draw distance and responsiveness.
    Ori also pops and has incredible detail in it.
    Everything seems smooth.
    Probably a lot better with bigger screen, 4K and HDR.

Seems like a decent amount of stuff on game pass and for really good value!
    Also see I could e.g. buy the Witcher 3 for less than a tenner.
    Will donwload RDR2 and have a go at the weekend.

Overall, very happy for the price I paid.
    Only shame is that you can't play Nintendo or PS exclusives on it. :)
    i.e. you have to juggle multiple consoles, subscriptions and peripherals.
    Not to mention the cost.
    Instead of just using the best hardware available to run them.
    Maybe MS will buy Nintendo :)

OK, had a quick spin on the new xbox one x.
    Pretty simple to set up, although it takes a while with the updates etc.
    You definitely need a fast Internet connection.
    Used a usb keyboard to enter my password etc which is handy, better than the controller.
    Nice UI etc, MS know what they are doing.

Signed up with free month for game pass + extra month free when you enter credit card and allow recurring charge. (which can be cancelled).
    Also allowed me to upgrade to game pass ultimate for a euro for a month.
    Downloaded Forza Horizon 4 and Ori will of the wisps.
    This took a couple of hours.
    Not used to this, coming from a Switch with cartridges.
    Forza was 76 GB so I can't complain.

Works fine with my 1440p monitor.
    I could just change to 1440p in settings.
    Runs quiet which I wanted and like !
    Also, lot of warm/hot air out the back; but this is a high powered console after all.
    I'm used to the Nintendo Switch which runs quiet and cool.
    The power cable doesn't fit very well; shoved it in a bit; but didn't want to push too hard.
    Also, bigger and heavier than I though it would be. But there's a lot of stuff in there :)
    The robot white looks super cool and minimal; overall a very well designed console.
    Also, like seeing Ireland mentioned on the hardware :)

Controller is great, but think I'll get battery low anxiety. Need to get some decent recharagables.
    Pretty much the same as the Switch pro controller; although the "action" button is different.
    Think the d-pad is better - certainly seemed totally smooth for Ori.
    Heavier too, but this is good.

Forza is great. Can see how I will get sucked into this. Really fun arcade racer. Brilliant stuff.
    Also, Ori is great, think I planned to play this for a few minutes; spent ages on it. The feels!

Graphics look great. Not sure if I'm that blown away - yet!
    Certainly Forza has an incredible draw distance and responsiveness.
    Ori also pops and has incredible detail in it.
    Everything seems smooth.
    Probably a lot better with bigger screen, 4K and HDR.

Seems like a decent amount of stuff on game pass and for really good value!
    Also see I could e.g. buy the Witcher 3 for less than a tenner.
    Will donwload RDR2 and have a go at the weekend.

Overall, very happy for the price I paid.
    Only shame is that you can't play Nintendo or PS exclusives on it. :)
    i.e. you have to juggle multiple consoles, subscriptions and peripherals.
    Not to mention the cost.
    Instead of just using the best hardware available to run them.
    Maybe MS will buy Nintendo :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0765C95PG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_86a4EbN5299N7

If you can get one of these around they are well worth it. I have one since the Xbox launched and it's still going strong. Seems like I only charge it every three to four weeks.

Edit: Witcher 3 is on Game Pass so no need to buy it.

Download the GamePass app on your phone as you can push downloads to your console from it.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0765C95PG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_86a4EbN5299N7

If you can get one of these around they are well worth it. I have one since the Xbox launched and it's still going strong. Seems like I only charge it every three to four weeks.

Edit: Witcher 3 is on Game Pass so no need to buy it.

Download the GamePass app on your phone as you can push downloads to your console from it.

I'd say once a week without chat for mine with heavy use, infinitely better than the 360 one and that feeling of going to be and forgetting to connect the ps4 one to charge after 2-3 hours use ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Have you tried using the jack with the headset?

As in the adapter , yes it’s the same thing unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Won't quote pose again but I bought these rechargeables when on special and they are in special again would recommend them to anyone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001P8OCCS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_dOi4EbEKZD4Y8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

recyclops wrote: »
    Won't quote pose again but I bought these rechargeables when on special and they are in special again would recommend them to anyone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001P8OCCS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_dOi4EbEKZD4Y8

Cheers, been meaning to order some the last while. Had to use PM for anyone else looking to order

How long do 3rd party generally games stay on game pass ...
    e.g. Witcher 3, RDR2 ... ???

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How long do 3rd party generally games stay on game pass ...
    e.g. Witcher 3, RDR2 ... ???

Varies, I think GTA V was only up there for a couple of months maybe but other games have been on there for ages. I wouldn't leave them on the back burner too long if you are intending to play them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

After watching The Last Dance on Netflix, I have an NBA fad going on.

Was gonna pick up NBA 2k20 and NBA Jam tomorrow.

Jam is a no brainer at 3.99 and its easy to play, but should I nother with 2k? Havent played a real BB sim in years, is it easy to pick up and play..... at 25 bucks for the deluxe edition I might just gamble on it.

In other recent purchases, DC villians and Ghostbusters have been great for the 5 year old. Easy to play a level for an hour hefore bed time, both great value.

Been playing Gears 5 myself, addictive stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

NBA2K20 is on Gamepass

So, my xbox one detected that my monitor supports freesync. And now uses it.
    Which is nice! It was a 32 inch 1440p ASUS IPS monitor on sale for about 160 quid last year.
    Not sure which games I'd actually notice an improvement in :)

Also, BAD from MS. When I was signing up I registered my free 1 month game pass offer.
    I accepted an offer of 1 more month for free if I allowed recurring charges and put in my credit card details.
    Then I accepted another offer to upgrade to ultimate for 1 euro.
    Turns out 1 now just have ultimate for 1 month.
    Going to call them today - I see they have a 1800 number for MS account support and ask them to "downgrade" me back to 2 months.
    Not really interested in online at the moment; but I do want 2 months of game pass for free!

So, my xbox one detected that my monitor supports freesync. And now uses it.
    Which is nice! It was a 32 inch 1440p ASUS IPS monitor on sale for about 160 quid last year.
    Not sure which games I'd actually notice an improvement in :)

Also, BAD from MS. When I was signing up I registered my free 1 month game pass offer.
    I accepted an offer of 1 more month for free if I allowed recurring charges and put in my credit card details.
    Then I accepted another offer to upgrade to ultimate for 1 euro.
    Turns out 1 now just have ultimate for 1 month.
    Going to call them today - I see they have a 1800 number for MS account support and ask them to "downgrade" me back to 2 months.
    Not really interested in online at the moment; but I do want 2 months of game pass for free!

Online is included in Game Pass Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Anyone recomend a wired gaming headset, bought one off Amazon and it's the worst quality thing I've ever gotten my hands on.

Cheaper is better I don't need something amazing just good enough that I can be hear and be heard clearly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone recomend a wired gaming headset, bought one off Amazon and it's the worst quality thing I've ever gotten my hands on.

Cheaper is better I don't need something amazing just good enough that I can be hear and be heard clearly.

Can't go wrong with hyper x cloud 2: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2&qid=1591868901&sr=8-3https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2&qid=1591868901&sr=8-3

They've been on sale in smyths for 50 euro or so which is very good value, probably a bit overpriced on amazon at the moment so worth looking around.

Cheers, just noticed this on the Questions section of that page;

Question:Does anyone use these on xbox one? If so do they work well with it and does the mic work?
    Answer:I do and yes the mic is very crisp and clear. You need the Xbox one stereo adapter as well though which I picked up from Amazon

I've the newer style controller that has a headphone jack connection, does that mean I won't need this adapter they mention yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I've the newer style controller that has a headphone jack connection, does that mean I won't need this adapter they mention yeah?

That is correct.

I would add one thing though. I've owned and used both the recommended Cloud II and the Cloud X (which is specifically designed for XBox One).

The Cloud II has a shorter cable, with no in-line controls. There's a separate cord that is included with it, but it ends with a USB connector, and has the controls on it, but that's a separate audio card and only works with Windows, not with XBox. If you buy these exclusively for XBox, that part will be useless to you.

On the other hand, the Cloud X has a longer cable, in-line controls, and works well with the XBox. As far as I can tell, the build, including mic and speakers, are identical, and the only difference is in connectivity.

Oh, and the case!
    The Cloud II came with a padded zipper bag.
    However, the Cloud X came with a nice case, hard shell, perfect if you take them on the road and stuff them in a backpack.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Buttros wrote: »
    NBA2K20 is on Gamepass

I copped this last night. Happy days.

Cloud X sounds like the job, I'll grab a set of those. Cheers lads

• Advertisement

Just got to the 2nd chapter of RDR2 on the Xbox one x. Wow! Blown away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement