Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ended up downloading NBA2k20 from game pass, then with the money I would have spent I got myself NBA Jam and Hitman 2.

Gonna try pick up Transformers Devastation on hard disk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ended up downloading NBA2k20 from game pass, then with the money I would have spent I got myself NBA Jam and Hitman 2.

Gonna try pick up Transformers Devastation on hard disk too.

CEX do almost next day delivery for €1.50

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5030917186141&categoryName=xbox-one-games&superCatName=gaming&title=transformers-devastation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

nintendoo wrote: »
    Just got to the 2nd chapter of RDR2 on the Xbox one x. Wow! Blown away.

Yep it’s unbelievable. I’m still in awe looking at it on a 4K OLED. It’s literally like movie quality and the gameplay itself is savage craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

OK - back to conversation with Titan Gamer a while back ...

So, I currently have 1 month game pass ultimate on my microsoft account.
    This was a 1 month game pass that came with my console that I upgraded to ultimate for 1 euro.

If I understand correctly I can get additional xbox live gold membership and convert to game pass ultimate for 1 euro.

So, cd keys have this for approx 50 quid at the moment.

(a) do I pick europe region for ireland ?
    (b) then I reddem code on microsoft account site ?
    (c) then I upgrade it to game pass ultimate for 1 euro on same account ?

Concerned that I'll end up with xbox live gold for 12 months and not be able to upgrade it !

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

OK - back to conversation with Titan Gamer a while back ...

So, I currently have 1 month game pass ultimate on my microsoft account.
    This was a 1 month game pass that came with my console that I upgraded to ultimate for 1 euro.

If I understand correctly I can get additional xbox live gold membership and convert to game pass ultimate for 1 euro.

So, cd keys have this for approx 50 quid at the moment.

(a) do I pick europe region for ireland ?
    (b) then I reddem code on microsoft account site ?
    (c) then I upgrade it to game pass ultimate for 1 euro on same account ?

Concerned that I'll end up with xbox live gold for 12 months and not be able to upgrade it !

Thanks!

First off have you used the free month of GPU? If you have you can't get the €1 offer, if you haven't input it after claiming the offer for an extra month.

If you don't have an active GPU sub when you add 12 months of Gold and then upgrade to GPU the entire time left on your Gold subscription, ie 12 months, will be converted to GPU.

If you have an active GPU sub you will need to let it expire before using a Gold sub, otherwise the 12 months of Gold will convert to 4 months of GPU. You will need to pay full price for the month of GPU to convert the Gold sub as the €1 off will no longer be available on that account.

• Advertisement

I've used the €1 offer on a one month game pass voucher.
    It was a one button press option during the xbox one setup ... looks like I pulled that trigger too soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I've used the €1 offer on a one month game pass voucher.
    It was a one button press option during the xbox one setup ... looks like I pulled that trigger too soon :(

You will still be able to get the offer. I done the €1 deal last year, and done it again this april. Theres a gamepass thread that explains how to do it again.

Will a digital game marked "UK" region run on an Xbox one registered in Ireland? Xbox one is supposed to be region free ... right ?

E.g. the full Witcher 3 is on cdkeys for about 11.50 at the mo. But it's marked "UK".

(Yes, I know the vanilla version, no dlc and for a limited time is on game pass )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Will a digital game marked "UK" region run on an Xbox one registered in Ireland? Xbox one is supposed to be region free ... right ?

E.g. the full Witcher 3 is on cdkeys for about 11.50 at the mo. But it's marked "UK".

(Yes, I know the vanilla version, no dlc and for a limited time is on game pass )
    yea it work no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was looking at the right hand side of my Cyberpunk 2077 console and it says 'Hello From Seattle'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I was looking at the right hand side of my Cyberpunk 2077 console and it says 'Hello From Seattle'.

There is also a message hidden that can be viewed with a black light, there is a script near it that if you take the first letters spells out UV ME.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Microsoft really can't keep anything secret.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1276995323395805189

Anyone got experience taking a controller apart? One of the sticks on my older controller is all worn and it's only when going to it from the new one it's noticeable but I wouldn't mind swapping the left and right sticks if it's not risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone got experience taking a controller apart? One of the sticks on my older controller is all worn and it's only when going to it from the new one it's noticeable but I wouldn't mind swapping the left and right sticks if it's not risky.

Pretty easy to do. Well I never opened a Xbox One controller but I did the original Xbox and the 360. I'm sure they are much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive been having an issue with my headsets.

The last few days when I have connected to party in Gears 5, I can hear everything fine, but my speach isnt being picked up no matter what headset I use. Nothing appears muted in the settings so I am at a loss at whats happening, any suggestions?

Also Gears 5 is so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive been having an issue with my headsets.

The last few days when I have connected to party in Gears 5, I can hear everything fine, but my speach isnt being picked up no matter what headset I use. Nothing appears muted in the settings so I am at a loss at whats happening, any suggestions?

Also Gears 5 is so addictive.

how does your headset connect to the xbox? if it plugs into the controller, it could be that the mic port is faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

how does your headset connect to the xbox? if it plugs into the controller, it could be that the mic port is faulty

This started happening me recently too, it usually pops up with check device settings though. It seems to be intermittent for me.

Great my Xbox One X is on the way out. Keeps shutting down when I'm trying to play Borderlands 3. Over heat message when I turn it back on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Great my Xbox One X is on the way out. Keeps shutting down when I'm trying to play Borderlands 3. Over heat message when I turn it back on.

If it's in warrantee, try to return/replace/repair it from the shop you bought it in. If it's not, and you're ok at following youtube videos, then the fix for this is pretty easy.

The console is pretty easy to disassemble, clear out the existing paste, replace with new paste, and reassemble, which should sort out any heating issues. You'll need some Torx screwdrivers, and some thermal paste, but it's very doable.

I had it apart earlier and replaced the thermal paste and was playing with it since with no shut down issues.

• Advertisement

I had it apart earlier and replaced the thermal paste and was playing with it since with no shut down issues.

It's annoying that this happens. Wtf ?
    But at least there is a fix.
    Was your fan(s) noisy ?

It's annoying that this happens. Wtf ?
    But at least there is a fix.
    Was your fan(s) noisy ?

No I honestly thought the fan broke at first. I some how managed to open it up and repair it without looking up a guide. I actually opened it up before to install a SSD so wasn't completely new to me. I remember someone on here mentioned they replaced the thermal paste on theirs when they were installing a SSD so I remembered that so knew straight away it was the thermal paste that had gone bad.

It is annoying alright that you have to do this maintenance. I have a scorpio edition One X that I got at a mid night launch so how ever long since the release date I have this console.

It is annoying alright that you have to do this maintenance. I have a scorpio edition One X that I got at a mid night launch so how ever long since the release date I have this console.

Yeah, it's pretty plug and play on the inside, very easy to take apart and put back together again.

It seems to mainly be the original batch of Xbox One X's that had the bad paste, don't hear as much from newer consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think that's a known issue with Borderlands 3 rather than your console

maximoose wrote: »
    I think that's a known issue with Borderlands 3 rather than your console

It was actually the last boss in the new DLC that caused it. It was fine playing on the way to the boss and fighting the woman before the main boss. And it wasn't fluke as I turned on the console a few times after it crashed and would crash again. New thermal paste seems to have fixed it. Well I was able to beat the boss anywy.

I can replicate this at will by attempting to match make from the title screen or anywhere in game that's not Sanctuary. If I match make from Sanctuary it will be fine 99% of the time. I've clocked close to 500 hours play time in it and can safely say it's not the console overheating.

9 or 10 months from launch and Gearbox still haven't fixed it.

That issue aside it's getting tiresome with the constant adjustments they are making to 'balance' the game every couple of weeks and Mayhem 2.0 being rubbish. It's swung back the other way now for me in terms of playing Moze I tried the AFK Moze build at the weekend and I can now drop into the final boss of either takedown on Mayhem 10 deploy autobear and hop into the turret to keep me out of harms way and go and make tea and come back and pick up probably rubbish loot. I'm not even kidding here.

I can replicate this at will by attempting to match make from the title screen or anywhere in game that's not Sanctuary. If I match make from Sanctuary it will be fine 99% of the time. I've clocked close to 500 hours play time in it and can safely say it's not the console overheating.

9 or 10 months from launch and Gearbox still haven't fixed it.

I don't know it is the first crash(or should I say crashes, it crashed a few times) I ever had on the console and first one playing Borderlands 3. I don't know how many hours I have in the game but I'd say a lot. I covered every inch of the game world and challenges and side missions etc...

I haven't actually played the console since I beat the new DLC. So I hope the new thermal paste works.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty plug and play on the inside, very easy to take apart and put back together again.

It seems to mainly be the original batch of Xbox One X's that had the bad paste, don't hear as much from newer consoles.

Nice that it's easy to DIY the console..if only other manufacturers were the same. Looking at you Apple. I guess it stems from Xbox's PC roots. Or are MS going green and facilitating easy reparability and reuse ? Hope so.

Still amazed at how good RDR2 looks on this machine. I see no slowdowns or pop ins and the draw distance is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I only just bought a brand new controller yesterday , probably controller number 15 at this stage.

But when I bring up the map in war zone the cursor start to move by itself. The controller is brand new and hasn’t been dropped , does this mean my right stick is faulty or could it be an issue in the game ?

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I only just bought a brand new controller yesterday , probably controller number 15 at this stage.

But when I bring up the map in war zone the cursor start to move by itself. The controller is brand new and hasn’t been dropped , does this mean my right stick is faulty or could it be an issue in the game ?

Sounds like in game as if it was the controller wouldn't it do it all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement