Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I only just bought a brand new controller yesterday , probably controller number 15 at this stage.

But when I bring up the map in war zone the cursor start to move by itself. The controller is brand new and hasn’t been dropped , does this mean my right stick is faulty or could it be an issue in the game ?

15 controllers .... Do you mean this is the first time you've had a problem or you've had a load of problems with different controllers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

nintendoo wrote: »
    15 controllers .... Do you mean this is the first time you've had a problem or you've had a load of problems with different controllers ?

Loads and loads of problems with different controllers lol they break so easily imo

See if it happens in other games. I have drift on one of mine but only noticeable in Hitman 3 and Borderlands 3 from recent memory. It's usually most noticeable in fps games just leave the character standing still and they'll slowly drift to the left or right. BL3 has a handy deadzone calibration setting that I use to eliminate it. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen it while in menus though.

I've said before more games need that setting or the console itself. I think I've had it on 3 out of 6 controllers this gen.

EDIT: Actually from my googling this appears to be common issue for those with stick drift that they will see the cursor move in the map in Warzone. They have added a dead zone setting in the options back in April but OP since your controller is new I'd have it replaced. Have you updated the firmware on the pad?

See if it happens in other games. I have drift on one of mine but only noticeable in Hitman 3 and Borderlands 3 from recent memory. It's usually most noticeable in fps games just leave the character standing still and they'll slowly drift to the left or right. BL3 has a handy deadzone calibration setting that I use to eliminate it. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen it while in menus though.

I've said before more games need that setting or the console itself. I think I've had it on 3 out of 6 controllers this gen.

I’ve a feeling it’s the game alright though , because the same thing happens with an older controller but it’s not in great condition so not really a good test. The new controller feels perfect to play with just when I’m in the map it’s start moving. I can try it in gta maybe and see if anything happens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Warzone map move is the game, not controller.

• Advertisement

Warzone map move is the game, not controller.

Oh good. Cheers man was fearing it was another controller gone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guys, what’s the warranty on a pan Elite controller nowadays?

My four month old one has developed a bloody awful case of drift. I’m disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Lord TSC wrote: »

My four month old one has developed a bloody awful case of drift. I’m disgusted.

Hmmm, anybody recommend a 2nd or 3rd party controller. Will keep an eye out for a backup in a sale on Amazon etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

2 year warranty on controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Definitely in warranty

I recently brought back an elite to Argos,no hassle and was told i can only exchange it once more before having my money back....will probably jump to Scuff or Battlebeaver when that happens though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1283748356083208192

Halo Infinite teasers are starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

More Xbox news, with the One X and the SAD edition ceased manufacturing.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1283823486725758976

One S will continue being produced. Wonder if they'll drop the price further when the next gen launches.

There goes my plan of getting a new X on black Friday. I'd say we will definitely get a price point at the presentation next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Confession time: I can't get into the Halo games whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

Mr.S wrote: »
    Expected, but massive. Great news.

Maybe it's time to start stacking for ultimate in case they do away with the gold/ultimate combo!

Microsoft have discontinued the 12 month Gold subs. Any codes will still work for now. It is rumoured that MS is getting rid of Gold altogether if favour of Game Pass Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Sorry if it’s in the wrong thread but if I buy a digital copy of minecraft for the pc can I then play it on an iphone or Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Birneybau wrote: »
    Confession time: I can't get into the Halo games whatsoever.

That's mad. I thought they were great. Played them all even on the original(first) Xbox. I even played the first game when it came back out on the 360 and tbh with you I found it more difficult in parts than I remember when I played it back on the original console.

But some games aren't for some people as I imagine there is some games you like that I wouldn't like.

Microsoft have discontinued the 12 month Gold subs. Any codes will still work for now. It is rumoured that MS is getting rid of Gold altogether if favour of Game Pass Ultimate.

Really? This isn't good. I had planned on getting an xbox, of some sort, in November. Wonder would I be better off stacking gold and using the upgrade offer now

EDIT: What's the best site for buying cheap 12 month codes now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

I just got GTA V (Digital edition) on Xbox One. Will it work on the Series X (considering theyre remastering it and making a different version)?

I just got GTA V (Digital edition) on Xbox One. Will it work on the Series X (considering theyre remastering it and making a different version)?

Yes, free update to the Series X version via Smart Delivery too.

Yes, free update to the Series X version via Smart Delivery too.

Thats only guaranteed for Xbox Game Studios games. I doubt Rockstar games will opt in and give away the remastered version free.

Thats only guaranteed for Xbox Game Studios games. I doubt Rockstar games will opt in and give away the remastered version free.

They've already said it's a free upgrade on PS5 and Series X for owners on the current consoles.

They've already said it's a free upgrade on PS5 and Series X for owners on the current consoles.

Oh nice, where did they say that?

All I found was this
    Sony and Rockstar will also be offering a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online. All PS5 owners will be able to claim it for free within the first three months of the game’s launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s in the wrong thread but if I buy a digital copy of minecraft for the pc can I then play it on an iphone or Xbox one?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Birneybau wrote: »
    No

Thanks, the young lad has it via game pass on the Xbox at the moment and and also plays it via his tablet and iPhone. He wanted to try learn how how to play it using the old school mouse and keyboard so bought it for the laptop and obviously he logs in using his Microsoft account so wasn’t sure if cross platform stuff works as I’m too old for this stuff and he’s too young!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Thanks, the young lad has it via game pass on the Xbox at the moment and and also plays it via his tablet and iPhone. He wanted to try learn how how to play it using the old school mouse and keyboard so bought it for the laptop and obviously he logs in using his Microsoft account so wasn’t sure if cross platform stuff works as I’m too old for this stuff and he’s too young!
    if he has gamepass unlimited he can play minecraft on pc.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Really? This isn't good. I had planned on getting an xbox, of some sort, in November. Wonder would I be better off stacking gold and using the upgrade offer now

EDIT: What's the best site for buying cheap 12 month codes now?

it means an end to the trick of buying 12 months gold + one month game pass and converting your 12 month gold to 12 month gp. But we all knew this was never going to be forever.

Other than that, Gwg is obsolete since game pass. And all signs indicate that online play will become free to bring it in line with PC.

• Advertisement

it means an end to the trick of buying 12 months gold + one month game pass and converting your 12 month gold to 12 month gp. But we all knew this was never going to be forever.

Other than that, Gwg is obsolete since game pass. And all signs indicate that online play will become free to bring it in line with PC.

It can still be done with the likes of cdkeys selling 12 month codes but it does seem like it's coming to an end once they run out of codes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement