Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

rob808 wrote: »
    yea true think there gona make gamepass and gold together and that be the normal pack and ultimate being there high tier pack.

There rumours that xbox live mp will be free. I think it wishful thinking couldn't see Microsoft losing profit.
    Forcing people to buy game pass to play MP makes no sense at all and is the complete opposite to Microsofts strategy of allowing gamers to play what they like, where they like and how they like.

Don't want game pass? All good.
    Want a netflix style game sub? All good
    Want to play xbox games on PC? All good
    Want to buy the most powerful console on market? All good
    Don't need 4k and want a cheaper console? All good
    Don't want to buy a console at all? All good
    Want to play on the go? All good

I'm sure there are more scenarios but you get the picture. Where exactly does "want to play online? Sorry you need a game pass sub for that" fit into the Xbox strategy?

Its nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Forcing people to buy game pass to play MP makes no sense at all and is the complete opposite to Microsofts strategy of allowing gamers to play what they like, where they like and how they like.

Don't want game pass? All good.
    Want a netflix style game sub? All good
    Want to play xbox games on PC? All good
    Want to buy the most powerful console on market? All good
    Don't need 4k and want a cheaper console? All good
    Don't want to buy a console at all? All good
    Want to play on the go? All good

I'm sure there are more scenarios but you get the picture. Where exactly does "want to play online? Sorry you need a game pass sub for that" fit into the Xbox strategy?

Its nonsense.
    it hard say what they do,we might not see a year subscription again.it could just be 1 month or 3 months like ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    So Cdkeys have replied to my support ticket and essentially said you redeemed the codes so tough. I can understand that to a degree but I bought something advertised as EU and it wasn't, it was US. They also confirmed to me that on their end those codes were EU. Don't think I'm gonna get anywhere with it but there is a work around by migrating my account to the US and upgrading to GPU on the US store and in 3 months migrate it back to Ireland.
    You could get banned for region violations!
    I'd get back onto cdkeys, I got a refund before for the same issue, but included screenshot of Microsoft response

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There goes my plan of getting a new X on black Friday. I'd say we will definitely get a price point at the presentation next week.

If history teaches us one thing it is never buy a new console in the same year of launch! I'll definitely be waiting till it gets restocked after Christmas.

If history teaches us one thing it is never buy a new console in the same year of launch! I'll definitely be waiting till it gets restocked after Christmas.
    I say you would be fine if you preorder one for launch.I don't know about getting one after Christmas looking at the switch and how hard it is to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Think Shelby was looking to get a One X not a Series X.

I say you would be fine if you preorder one for launch.I don't know about getting one after Christmas looking at the switch and how hard it is to get one.
    So far there is no compelling reason to get a series X this year considering the games will not be designed for SSD. You'll get faster load times, but the games will not be SSD optimized in the sense that the games will still be designed with a regular HDD as a minimum meaning we will still have loading stages. Walk through a door game loads. Walk back out game loads etc. A game designed for SSD will be continuous and smooth. Once we have SSD as a minimum requirement then we will really see a reason to upgrade ti next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Think Shelby was looking to get a One X not a Series X.

Ye I was hoping to pick up a One X but not so sure how easy that'll be now with them being discontinued. Then again it depends on what they announce tomorrow, if they announce a price or if this second SKU gets announced in the next few months.
    I was hoping to get in at the cheaper end and wait 2 years ish before looking at the Series X

Ye I was hoping to pick up a One X but not so sure how easy that'll be now with them being discontinued. Then again it depends on what they announce tomorrow, if they announce a price or if this second SKU gets announced in the next few months.
    I was hoping to get in at the cheaper end and wait 2 years ish before looking at the Series X
    I say Gamestop will have loads come xbox series x launch they probably have to sell them off.

There is the lockhart given it real coming out with series x price around €300 which people are guessing it price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

I imagine the market will be flooded with second hand one X just before the series X gets released, Im anticipating getting around 150 for my one X when it comes out and i upgrade unless i get rid early but i dont really care for that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

recyclops wrote: »
    I imagine the market will be flooded with second hand one X just before the series X gets released, Im anticipating getting around 150 for my one X when it comes out and i upgrade unless i get rid early but i dont really care for that myself.

I'd have reservations about buying a second hand one but do hope I can get one in the lead up as shops try to move the stock....that's if they even have any left.

But I will wait to see a price point for Lockhart before I think about a one X. If that's going to be a competing price point then makes no sense to get a one X unless the price is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The Xbox heads have been fairly prolific on the old twitter for the last 2 days that there's nothing being announced today except games, so it looks like any pricing / lockhart details are a while off yet.

You'd have to imagine though, with us closing in on a mere 3 months out from Thanksgiving in the US, that they'll have have to start talking numbers sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'd be surprised if GameStop don't have a €300 trade deal on the One X with 2 listed games against the Series X. The same deal on a One S will probably be €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'd be surprised if GameStop don't have a €300 trade deal on the One X with 2 listed games against the Series X. The same deal on a One S will probably be €200.

I cant see it being that much myself, they wont be able to get rid of them for that price should ms price the series X competitively or release a lockheart style device.

I cant see it being that much myself, they wont be able to get rid of them for that price should ms price the series X competitively or release a lockheart style device.

They took in Switch consoles without any additional games for €300 against the new model last year.

They currently sell second hand One Xs for €350 and take them in at €220. €300 for a boosted trade offer sounds about correct imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I say Gamestop will have loads come xbox series x launch they probably have to sell them off.

There is the lockhart given it real coming out with series x price around €300 which people are guessing it price.

Gamestop have been under ordering lately. They prefer to be out of stock than have excess stock. Its a shame, used to get collectors editions there for €50 due to them ordering too many.

Gamestop have been under ordering lately. They prefer to be out of stock than have excess stock. Its a shame, used to get collectors editions there for €50 due to them ordering too many.
    I have xbox series x preorder in gamestop and there perorders come nowhere near ps5 it like 300+.

The guy said people who perorder series x should have no problem getting one at launch.I gona have perorder ps5 in smyth or curry pc world.

There no way im getting ps5 in gamestop.

I have xbox series x preorder in gamestop and there perorders come nowhere near ps5 it like 300+.

The guy said people who perorder series x should have no problem getting one at launch.I gona have perorder ps5 in smyth or curry pc world.

There no way im getting ps5 in gamestop.

Sure it's preorders and not just 'interest'? Legally they can't open preorders until they are priced and dated.

Sure it's preorders and not just 'interest'? Legally they can't open preorders until they are priced and dated.
    yea that true there using the first come first served system.I don't know what they are gona do when sony and Microsoft open perorders.They don't have many xbox series x perorders.

The ps5 is more sort after than series x,I will have to perorder ps5 in smyth. I leave my perorder series x in gamestop hopefully get one at launch.

yea that true there using the first come first served system.I don't know what they are gona do when sony and Microsoft open perorders.They don't have many xbox series x perorders.

The ps5 is more sort after than series x,I will have to perorder ps5 in smyth. I leave my perorder series x in gamestop hopefully get one at launch.

Should be enough PS5 units to go around, apparently 10 million for launch. Sony are also restricting PS5 orders to 1 per person, while this won't deter scalpers it will make it more difficult for them to obtain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Rumours on twitter that Xbox is going the PS route with no Live needed for F2P games and that Live subs are bein done away with altogether

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Saw this on Reddit: Microsoft has started to migrate the Xbox 360 storefront onto the standard Xbox One version. No idea why it's taken them an entire generation to do it, but you can now buy some 360 games without needing to click a "see price" button and getting brought to a website that web design has left behind for close to ten years. So far it's only on a very few, but seriously, it's about time.

I hope it doesn't portend some kind of end to 360 support though.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Saw this on Reddit: Microsoft has started to migrate the Xbox 360 storefront onto the standard Xbox One version. No idea why it's taken them an entire generation to do it, but you can now buy some 360 games without needing to click a "see price" button and getting brought to a website that web design has left behind for close to ten years. So far it's only on a very few, but seriously, it's about time.

I hope it doesn't portend some kind of end to 360 support though.

Hopefully that means you can buy 360 games with credit outside the console storefront again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hopefully that means you can buy 360 games with credit outside the console storefront again.

Apparently it does. Haven't tried it out myself, but this is one of the improvements alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone using a google hub/nest etc with their xbox? Is there any way to navigate the screen like you use to on the kinect? The example being selections would be numbered so you could chose 1, 2, 3? And the early days of compatibility with netflix?

Seems very limited as it is currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone using a google hub/nest etc with their xbox? Is there any way to navigate the screen like you use to on the kinect? The example being selections would be numbered so you could chose 1, 2, 3? And the early days of compatibility with netflix?

Seems very limited as it is currently

I'm not sure about the Google Hub/Nest but I use my Alexa to switch the Xbox on and off as well as opening apps or games. It seems to work much like the Kinect In that I say Alexa Go Home or Alex open Grand Theft Auto and it does the job though being a bit of a nerd I've put a command in that whenever I say Execute Order 66 it replies with "As you command" and switches off the Xbox and My TV. I never get tired of saying that 😂

Something that has annoyed me since lockdown began and people including myself have been working from home is the windows 10 xbox integration by default reporting me as being online while not doing anything even remotely game related. PC icon + online during the day = a person working from home when you view the friends list on an xbox or phone app.

You can switch status to offline but not set it as default you have to disable it from startup to stop it which causes craziness with it when you enable it again via win + g

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Apple block Microsoft launching xCloud on their devices. In essence it's down to Apple not being able to review each individual game released on the service. People are saying what about Netflix, Spotify, Prime etc but Apples response is that they're not interactive unlike games.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/apple-explains-why-xbox-game-pass-is-not-on-iphone-2020-8

Apple block Microsoft launching xCloud on their devices. In essence it's down to Apple not being able to review each individual game released on the service. People are saying what about Netflix, Spotify, Prime etc but Apples response is that they're not interactive unlike games.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/apple-explains-why-xbox-game-pass-is-not-on-iphone-2020-8
    Lame excuse and a ****ty move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I thought there was some interactive movies on Netflix.
    I know that Kimmy Schmidt movie is but am sure there was some popular series that made an interactive episode

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement