Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I thought there was some interactive movies on Netflix.
    I know that Kimmy Schmidt movie is but am sure there was some popular series that made an interactive episode

Black Mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I thought there was some interactive movies on Netflix.
    I know that Kimmy Schmidt movie is but am sure there was some popular series that made an interactive episode

Black Mirror.

And Minecraft story mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I bought an iPad pro last year after years of saying I'd never buy an iOS device, and have to admit I absolutely love it. But that right there is the reason I've never owned an iPhone. Fúck Apple.

I've been streaming the Xbox one to the iPad using onecast and it works brilliantly, was really looking forward to the launch of xcloud. That is some fúcking nonsense though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My iPad is on it’s last legs. Time to move on methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Was there a summer sale this year? I can't remember if there was one or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Pretty sure that there was, but then again, it could have been some other kind of big sale. This entire year has blended into one, to be honest, feels like it could be Easter, Christmas, or Halloween at any stage, in any order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

I've been streaming the Xbox one to the iPad using onecast and it works brilliantly, was really looking forward to the launch of xcloud. That is some fúcking nonsense though.

Do you have to be near the Xbox with controller still connected to Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Jordan 199 wrote: »

There was a pretty big Easter sale

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Theres a huge summer sale on 560 games from tomorrow for 10 days. Chances are most of the offers will be live tonight. Here's a preview from the New Zealand store

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Couple of questions if I may. Is the Elite controller as good as it's price suggests it should be, and will it be compatible with the new Xbox coming out?

Thinking about getting one for my son's 16th combined birthday/ chr*#+'as present but am reluctant if he's going to need to upgrade when we eventually get the new Xbox. Cheers.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Couple of questions if I may. Is the Elite controller as good as it's price suggests it should be, and will it be compatible with the new Xbox coming out?

Thinking about getting one for my son's 16th combined birthday/ chr*#+'as present but am reluctant if he's going to need to upgrade when we eventually get the new Xbox. Cheers.

I have the first gen one a few years now and find it pretty good. Not so great that it would make me go out and buy the new one but this one still works so maybe if it broke I may do that but tbh I would just look for old stock some where of the fist gen if it was going cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I have the first gen one a few years now and find it pretty good. Not so great that it would make me go out and buy the new one but this one still works so maybe if it broke I may do that but tbh I would just look for old stock some where of the fist gen if it was going cheap.

Yeah good idea, I have a bit of time yet.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Have the first gen as well, great pad. The current second gen one is problematic though with a high failure rate due to broken buttons and severe drift in the sticks.

That's the reason stock of the 2nd gen has been virtually non existent since launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, i sow that next gen xbox thread is pure **** show, I tried to ask my question there, but I think it got lost in a handbag and high heel battle. So ill try here.

Does anyone preordering new xbox already? Or is it a bit too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Lads, i sow that next gen xbox thread is pure **** show, I tried to ask my question there, but I think it got lost in a handbag and high heel battle. So ill try here.

Gamestop are the only ones doing it afaik and yes the other thread is a pc/ps5/xbox borefest

No one is taking preorders yet. GameStop are charging to "register your interest" that can be converted to an order once they begin.

Any point going and putting down a few quid now for xbox? I remember back in the day, when I preordered ps4, they had already about 30 preorders and only got 20 in, so first ones who preordered got it, the others waited second batch. And it was a small town. Now i am in Limerick, so surely more people will be looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No harm in doing it. I decided on the day to put the deposit down on both consoles

• Advertisement

No harm in doing it. I decided on the day to put the deposit down on both consoles

You know, you right, next time I am off and in town, ill pop in to put down a few quid to preorder it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Any point going and putting down a few quid now for xbox? I remember back in the day, when I preordered ps4, they had already about 30 preorders and only got 20 in, so first ones who preordered got it, the others waited second batch. And it was a small town. Now i am in Limerick, so surely more people will be looking for it.

You can pay it off over a period of time which is good and also go in a list of guarenteed. I am just sending 35 a week into a revolut vault to pay for the excess after a trade in deal.

Treppen wrote: »
    Do you have to be near the Xbox with controller still connected to Xbox ?

Controller to the Xbox. I haven't tried connecting the controller to the iPad (which is supported) but I suspect that would cause some issues.

I got the same app for MacOS (at twice the price) and it's rubbish, avoid.

Controller to the Xbox. I haven't tried connecting the controller to the iPad (which is supported) but I suspect that would cause some issues.

I got the same app for MacOS (at twice the price) and it's rubbish, avoid.

I actually tried it by pairing the controller to the iPad there. No noticeable lag, works pretty well. The only thing is the start, back and Xbox buttons aren't mapped, you have to press start to bring up this toolbar in the app which then lets you choose start/back/menu. It's a little annoying but you get used to it fairly quick.

Check your messages. I received a €5 gift code from MS last night that can be redeemed until September 30th. The code is valid for 90days from redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Gamepass is really going to get a boost of day 1 releases on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's... fairly fúcking massive isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

maximoose wrote: »
    That's... fairly fúcking massive isn't it?
    It sure is. A bolt out of the blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

All Bethesda games on game pass from when is the question? Ea Play, Bethesda, Microsoft, and I am gonna call it now Uplay also at launch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement