Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

BDJW wrote: »
    There are a few old Sega games on the store (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, etc.). Is there any way to play these on the Xbox One? I've had a quick look, and it seems they are only available for the 360, or am I missing something? :confused:

The Mega Drive Sonic games work on the Xbox One through the backwards compatibility, not sure about the others.

Edit: Streets of Rage and Golden Axe also work.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

BDJW wrote:
    There are a few old Sega games on the store (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, etc.). Is there any way to play these on the Xbox One? I've had a quick look, and it seems they are only available for the 360, or am I missing something?

I have Xbox game pass and both streets of rage and golden axe are available on Xbox one through that so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be available to purchase on Xbox one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The Mega Drive Sonic games work on the Xbox One through the backwards compatibility, not sure about the others.

Edit: Streets of Rage and Golden Axe also work.
    Donutz wrote: »
    I have Xbox game pass and both streets of rage and golden axe are available on Xbox one through that so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be available to purchase on Xbox one.

I'm being stupid here, but how do I actually get them to work? When I go to the store on my Xbox, I've no option to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm being stupid here, but how do I actually get them to work? When I go to the store on my Xbox, I've no option to buy them.

for buying 360 games through the xbox one, I think you need to have a credit card or other payment method tied to your account.

Alternatively, you could try buying them through xbox.com and they'll show up in your 'ready to install' section.

for buying 360 games through the xbox one, I think you need to have a credit card or other payment method tied to your account.

Alternatively, you could try buying them through xbox.com and they'll show up in your 'ready to install' section.

Yup, the only way to buy 360 games with Microsoft Credit is on a 360.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads! All of this could be avoided if I bothered to set up my 360 as I have the Mega Drive Collection disc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thanks lads! All of this could be avoided if I bothered to set up my 360 as I have the Mega Drive Collection disc :pac:

Diac should work in xbox one

Diac should work in xbox one

Used to work. Used to install Sonic 1,2 & 3 and Golden Axe but was patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Really? Thats a joke. You own a backwards compatible disc that you cant use?

I have that collection. Presumed kids played it on one. Maybe they use 360 for it

Yeah unfortunately I tried it about a year ago when I got my One and it didn’t work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Quick question, if you dont have a headset but still want to be able to hear people through the TV, where do you go to see if this is enabled?

Also, dont suppose anyone has found a way to fix the recent players list? Mine is showing people from 3 weeks ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Quick question, if you dont have a headset but still want to be able to hear people through the TV, where do you go to see if this is enabled?

Also, dont suppose anyone has found a way to fix the recent players list? Mine is showing people from 3 weeks ago :confused:

go to options, audio output - output party through speakers

recent players is gammy with a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Anybody know how to set up the one x with bravia sync. It was possible with other versions of Xbox. Just cant seem to remember how

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

joe123 wrote: »

Depends what games you play. For instance if you play PUBG you won't find anyone on the recently played list since the game is in the preview program.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Depends what games you play. For instance if you play PUBG you won't find anyone on the recently played list since the game is in the preview program.

FIFA mainly. Its been way out of whack for about three weeks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just completed ff15 a Kings tale, did a few of the easy achievements but the didn't unlock, I think I remember someone saying they would unlock eventually, just want to make sure that's right?

Hococop wrote: »
    Just completed ff15 a Kings tale, did a few of the easy achievements but the didn't unlock, I think I remember someone saying they would unlock eventually, just want to make sure that's right?

You can kind of force them but not sure this still works given the amount of changes to the dash over the last year https://www.trueachievements.com/n25319/how-to-fix-done-unlocking-achievement-problems-on-xbox-one

I recall 2 in Far Cry Primal taking over 2 months to pop, they need to look at server side unlocks. PS4 is a pain having to manually sync but at least they work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

So having finally upgraded from the 360 I have been playing Fallout 4. I've been a fan of the Fallout games and it was the main reason I bought the xbox 1. I'm about 30 hours of game play into it and I have to say This is the best game ever!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yester wrote: »
    So having finally upgraded from the 360 I have been playing Fallout 4. I've been a fan of the Fallout games and it was the main reason I bought the xbox 1. I'm about 30 hours of game play into it and I have to say This is the best game ever!

One of the reason this didn't do as well as expected is because of the higher standard set by The Witcher 3. When you're done with the wasteland, take a look at that for another huge, great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

CatInABox wrote: »
    One of the reason this didn't do as well as expected is because of the higher standard set by The Witcher 3. When you're done with the wasteland, take a look at that for another huge, great game.

Have to agree with the Witcher. When I got my One X I bought Fallout 4 again. Both games and Horizon are probably the best 3 games to come to next gen in my eyes. A/C Origins is up there aswell. Best version since Black Flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yester wrote: »

You mustn't have played to many games so. It's not even the best Fallout game.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

+1 for the witcher 3.

Stopped playing in 2015 for some reason. Went back to it on the One X and instantly hooked.

Just finished the main game and promised I would tackle some backlog before starting the dlc. So I'm about half way through the Blood and Wine dlc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Cool. I will check out Witcher 3 when I'm finished this in a years time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can kind of force them but not sure this still works given the amount of changes to the dash over the last year https://www.trueachievements.com/n25319/how-to-fix-done-unlocking-achievement-problems-on-xbox-one

I recall 2 in Far Cry Primal taking over 2 months to pop, they need to look at server side unlocks. PS4 is a pain having to manually sync but at least they work

I'm still waiting for the last achievement in Fractured But Whole to unlock :-/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Huh. Just found out that Virgin Media don't do IPv4 addresses anymore, meaning port forwarding is a no go. That's a bit of a bummer.

Huh. Just found out that Virgin Media don't do IPv4 addresses anymore, meaning port forwarding is a no go. That's a bit of a bummer.

Thats annoying, I know that everyone is trying to get everyone onto ipv6 but not everything works with it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Odd. I PM'd them on the TalkTo forum the other day and asked to be put back on IPV4.

Must be a new development?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

they still do but by default you are put on dslite you can request to be put back onto n ipv4 address

• Advertisement

Yeah, just have to request it. Was just a surprise, a weird extra step that I need to do now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement