Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm an iPhone user but interested to ty xCloud streaming. Would anyone know an entry level android device that would get me up and running on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fifth wrote: »
    I'm an iPhone user but interested to ty xCloud streaming. Would anyone know an entry level android device that would get me up and running on it?

you could try and get a google pixel 3a, they were 120 recently with vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Registered Users Posts: 45,538 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Remember having championship manager on the oG xbox back in the day.

A terrible way to play the game it was!

Can't imagine playing it on console. I get I could set up a keyboard/mouse.... but I play football manager while watching tv, or while my menu is loading in Destiny 2. I can't imagine properly concentrating on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Remember having championship manager on the oG xbox back in the day.

A terrible way to play the game it was!

Can't imagine playing it on console. I get I could set up a keyboard/mouse.... but I play football manager while watching tv, or while my menu is loading in Destiny 2. I can't imagine properly concentrating on it!!

You could probably get a full match in waiting on Destinys menus to load :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Just tried preloading via the Xbox app for cyberpunk 2077 but the file was only 100mb, that's not right is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Just tried preloading via the Xbox app for cyberpunk 2077 but the file was only 100mb, that's not right is it?
    yea when it released it downloaded the full game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Surprised they have it up for preload, to be honest, as far as I know it's not gone gold yet.

As it gets closer to launch, they'll put the full game up on the servers and it'll update on your machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Even if you downloaded the full game there would be patches every so often up and until release. And probably some even after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    Surprised they have it up for preload, to be honest, as far as I know it's not gone gold yet.

As it gets closer to launch, they'll put the full game up on the servers and it'll update on your machine.

It's just a preload token. Once the preload starts it will automatically download it. It's been this way for the entire generation wrt pre loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

That makes a lot of sense, cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's just a preload token. Once the preload starts it will automatically download it. It's been this way for the entire generation wrt pre loads.

Never actually preloaded myself, I've got a good enough connection that I never felt the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Hi, not trying to sell here. Just wondering would a project scorpio xbox one x with the scorpio controller, box and all but worth any more than a normal one x?

monster1 wrote: »
    Hi, not trying to sell here. Just wondering would a project scorpio xbox one x with the scorpio controller, box and all but worth any more than a normal one x?

no, thats what i traded in and got the same amount from gamestop. you might get more on a private sale, but tbh, it seems like a lot of those scorpios had issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

no, thats what i traded in and got the same amount from gamestop. you might get more on a private sale, but tbh, it seems like a lot of those scorpios had issues.

They seem to be going for good money on ebay. What issues? Must have a Google. Mine certainly didn't have any. Won a high spec gaming rig recently so the xbox definitely won't be used.. What should I price it at of you don't mind me asking?
    Was. Looking forward to the series x but wouldn't match the gaming rig.. Getting less excited about tech as I get older :( thought thay would never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

monster1 wrote: »
    Getting less excited about tech as I get older :( thought thay would never happen.

They had an Ear and Nose hair trimmer on bargain alerts the other week, any use? :D:pac:

I bought one. :o

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

They had an Ear and Nose hair trimmer on bargain alerts the other week, any use? :D:pac:

I bought one. :o

Ha, it's incredible the things that age and being locked down bring on. At the start of lockdown, I did about a weeks worth of research on kitchen bins, and eventually spent more money on a single bin than I have on all the other bins I've bought in my entire life.

It's a total game changer, fits perfectly in the kitchen, and allowed me to get rid of a separate recycling bin.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

But where does the recycling go? :confused:

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's a tall two in one bin, recycling on the bottom, rubbish on top. Both big enough to be useful, without needing to empty them all the time. Previously I had two big bins, taking up lots of room in my really small kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Mickeroo wrote: »

id imagine this new bin has two lids thus its technically two bin in one compartment and the recycling is seperated that way, the real question is where does the food waste go.

i got a kitchen caddy for food waste, great little thing on the counter.

none of this helps my xbox one

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah that makes more sense, ours is similar enough in fairness..

Food waste we compost veg etc for the garden, rest goes in a brown bin we got from our waste company.

But uh yeah....Xbox :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

I stumbled on this thread and thought the last few posts were about achievements in Overcooked 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I'm actually looking for a new bin, care to share a link to this wonder bin? God bless the Xbox thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can the bin run Doom?

Can the bin run Doom?

only if its a .bin file.

It's this one: Joseph Joseph 60L Totem Max.

Has a little inner bin for the food waste as well, but I don't use that, I've got a little countertop caddy. Honestly, this thing looks like it was designed for my kitchen, it fits into a nook with only a centimetre to spare.

Anywayyyy..... Rumours of more Xbox news today. No ideas as to what it could be.

https://twitter.com/harrisonhoffman/status/1316098693670432768

New OS is rolling out today to everyone, it's looks a bit nicer, and more importantly, is actually a bit faster.

This is also the OS that the Series X will boot up into.

Just finished up on Return of the Obra Dinn. Yes, it's practically ancient at this stage, but man, it is an excellent game. Unlike anything else I've ever played, it really makes you feel like a brilliant detective by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just finished up on Return of the Obra Dinn. Yes, it's practically ancient at this stage, but man, it is an excellent game. Unlike anything else I've ever played, it really makes you feel like a brilliant detective by the end of it.

Im unaware of it, what kind of game is it?

I bought the Late shift ages ago and never played it, its an FMV game. Dunno what to expect, but Im hoping for a fun interactive movie.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im unaware of it, what kind of game is it?

I bought the Late shift ages ago and never played it, its an FMV game. Dunno what to expect, but Im hoping for a fun interactive movie.

I'd have trouble describing it, to be honest, at least not without either giving away things that you might like to find out for yourself. I'll give you the starting pitch, and tell you that it goes all places from there.

You play as an insurance inspector for the East India Trading Company, tasked with solving the mystery of the Obra Dinn, a ship that disappeared with all hands and has now returned.

I'll also note that I've seen it recommended countless times on Boards, and it's won multiple Baftas, and is very highly reviewed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement