Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yester wrote: »
    Cool. I will check out Witcher 3 when I'm finished this in a years time.

Do I was sceptical after 2 but 3 is sooooooo good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any way to turn off auto renew on the console?

Tried doing it on the website and it says "We ran into an error while disabling autorenew".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got onto xbox support and he couldn't cancel the auto renew.

Had to escalate it to management review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

F1ngers wrote: »
    Got onto xbox support and he couldn't cancel the auto renew.

Had to escalate it to management review.

Had a similar problem with EA access and couldn't remove my payment details even though I use prepaid codes.

They cancelled it and said they would send me a code for EA for 9 months but sent me Xbox Gold 12 months instead. :D happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

My Xbox one has displayed the "Black screen of death" , so if its gonna cost me €200 approx. for Microsoft to repair mine, I'm thinking about just buying a new xbox one.

Smyths =
    XBox1S 500gb (with Fifa18 + Minecraft or Rocket League) = €330
    XBox1S 1tb (Forza3 + Hot Wheels) = €299

Argos =
    XBox1S 500gb with various games (Shadow of War/Minecraft/Rocket Lge) = €259/299
    XBox1S 1tb (Minecraft Ltd Edition - Coloured console+ controller + gamepack) = €299

Anyone know of any deals? Or recommend where to buy a new Console...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When/where did you buy it?

maximoose wrote: »
    When/where did you buy it?

June 16 at Insomia in the INEC in Killarney - Gamestop had a Stall there, with great deals on bundles....
    It stopped working last week .....

Have you a receipt or any proof of purchase?

IF you do, don't bother with MS - I'd be going to Gamestop for a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've been watching dvds/blu rays lately on mine but have found the eject button not working straight away. Its not that the disc is spinning or anything. Is this a common thing or is mine on its way to the sh1t heap?

Have you a receipt or any proof of purchase?

IF you do, don't bother with MS - I'd be going to Gamestop for a replacement

No receipt, but could find it on Credit card id say.
    A replacement ? after 18mths ? really?

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    No receipt, but could find it on Credit card id say.
    A replacement ? after 18mths ? really?

Yep. Your consumer rights trump any crap they will say about warranty, 18 months is not a reasonable lifespan and they should replace/repair/refund.

Yep. Your consumer rights trump any crap they will say about warranty, 18 months is not a reasonable lifespan and they should replace/repair/refund.

I have been onto Consumer Rights. And the girl told me I was within my rights to look for a Repair/Refund/Replace ...
    So now I have to find out whether it was a local Gamestop store that was running the stall , or Gamestop irl. themselves ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I have been onto Consumer Rights. And the girl told me I was within my rights to look for a Repair/Refund/Replace ...
    So now I have to find out whether it was a local Gamestop store that was running the stall , or Gamestop irl. themselves ..

they are all the same just go to any GameStop store

dunworth1 wrote: »
    they are all the same just go to any GameStop store

No. I was advised by the person in Consumer rights to find out the store and then begin the complaint procedure with them.
    But after emails and tweets to Gamestop, they have not replied. I will now have to try phone them.:rolleyes:

I'd cut out the middle man and go direct to Microsoft. They are easy to deal with. Gamestop will make your life difficult, which is probably the intention to make you go away so they don't have to deal with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No. I was advised by the person in Consumer rights to find out the store and then begin the complaint procedure with them.
    But after emails and tweets to Gamestop, they have not replied. I will now have to try phone them.:rolleyes:

Go to any Gamestop store.

You are adding a lot of unnecessary actions. Just walk into a store and get started.

Bring the console in with you and get it resolved there and then.

Go to any Gamestop store.

You are adding a lot of unnecessary actions. Just walk into a store and get started.

Bring the console in with you and get it resolved there and then.

Doing it the right way, as I wanna keep Gamestop onside as much as I can, so I will get my refund or replacement! No point starting arguments from the outset.

Talking to a guy 3 times so far today, taken details, and Is currently looking into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Doing it the right way, as I wanna keep Gamestop onside as much as I can, so I will get my refund or replacement! No point starting arguments from the outset.

Talking to a guy 3 times so far today, taken details, and Is currently looking into it...

I would tend to agree with Failsafe on this. Keep gamestop on side? why, they certainly wont keep you onside. Gamestop are not known for their after sales support. They normally just take your money and don't want to know when you have a problem. Part of the reason I will never give them a cent of my money.

They are gougers of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Since getting my Switch in June, my Xbox One has become pretty much a netflix machine. I would like to get back to using it for gaming too. Does anyone have any recommendations of any games I missed during 2017? I downloaded Battlefield 1 on EA Access about a week ago but not sure if I will get in to it. I would be open to almost any genre apart from racing sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Since getting my Switch in June, my Xbox One has become pretty much a netflix machine. I would like to get back to using it for gaming too. Does anyone have any recommendations of any games I missed during 2017? I downloaded Battlefield 1 on EA Access about a week ago but not sure if I will get in to it. I would be open to almost any genre apart from racing sims.

Games that I liked this year and last but I'm not sure if they came out in 2017 would be Rise of The Tomb Raider and Watchdogs 1 and 2. Yooka Laylee and Suoper Lucky's Tale.

South Park The Stick of Truth is really funny never played the Fractured But Whole though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I also have EA access, I played Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 1 and I preferred 3. I finished Titanfall 2 last week and really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Overwatch, pugb, division has made a comeback, rainbow 6

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Overwatch, pugb, division has made a comeback, rainbow 6

Not sure my internet speed would be good enough to play online, which I assume would be a big part of these games appeal? I'm not well up on these sort of things but we get 10mb download speed, not sure what upload is. I play Rocket League on Switch online but cant imagine that is as demanding?

ZiabR wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with Failsafe on this. Keep gamestop on side? why, they certainly wont keep you onside. Gamestop are not known for their after sales support. They normally just take your money and don't want to know when you have a problem. Part of the reason I will never give them a cent of my money.

They are gougers of the highest order.

we'll see ....

Not sure my internet speed would be good enough to play online, which I assume would be a big part of these games appeal? I'm not well up on these sort of things but we get 10mb download speed, not sure what upload is. I play Rocket League on Switch online but cant imagine that is as demanding?

I have friends that play on a lot less than that. I used to play Halo3 on less than 1mb :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Since getting my Switch in June, my Xbox One has become pretty much a netflix machine.  I would like to get back to using it for gaming too.  Does anyone have any recommendations of any games I missed during 2017? I downloaded Battlefield 1 on EA Access about a week ago but not sure if I will get in to it.  I would be open to almost any genre apart from racing sims.
    Witcher 3, Titanfall2 from EA access is good and great online as well

oh yeah witcher is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

we'll see ....

This isn't rocket science bro. Just walk into the shop and save yourself a tonne of hassle. You do not even need to enter into an argument. You have rights has a consumer. They have to offer you one of the following:

Replacement
    Repair
    Refund

They always offer a replacement. Gamestop does not repair hardware. I had mine replaced over Christmas in store in 30 minutes. No calls or emails needed. They did try to get me to go to Microsoft however I informed them about my rights regarding the 3 R's mentioned above and that was it. Job done.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If Gamestop have a pop up shop at any event anywhere in Ireland, it would normally have to be approved through their Head Office, the local store will not make the decision.
    So if you happen to be in Cork for an event lets say and you buy something from their pop up shop there but you actually live in Kilkenny, you can go to the Kilkenny store if there is an issue with it. There is no need to contact the local store in Cork.
    Same as if i giot something in GS Henry St and returned it to GS Liffey St, it all goes to HO in the end anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is there anyway to mirror my android phone to xbox ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement