Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is acceptable for a Hen Weekend?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Thanks Faith! That's my plan - try to incorporate as much cost as possible (without it being too high) so that people don't have to put their hand in their pocket so much over the actual weekend!

I think it will prob only be a one nighter as most of the invitees have young families & no one really wants to be away for two nights I think.

I've gotten a couple of better prices - as I said I've only started. Thanks all!

Just be careful of what you’re including too though- I’ve been on one hen where the price included the bus, but I didn’t want to go on the bus. I knew that if I said I wasn’t paying for it, they’d have to re-calculate it, and it would have been more expensive for everyone else.
    Equally, If there’s non-drinkers, they might be a bit cross if they’re subsidising the drinks bill for the ones who do drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭scarepanda

For myself personally It didn't bother me about having a hen. But the girls wanted to have one so I told them to keep it tame, cheap and have it preferably in our local town or the local city because the girls who were invited were from both places so it meant that one group could avoid paying for accommodation. They organised one night away in the local city, two day time activities and a meal that night and reserved an area in a bar. It was a very very tame hen, but tbh I'm so happy I let them organise it. It was quite small, but two friends came from the UK and it meant that most of the girls that will be at the wedding will have already met each other (it's quite a small wedding). It was really nice catching up with everyone and having a night off from mammy duties as well. But in saying that I was happy with just the one night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So if we were honest it’s wonderful to be with beloved female relations and friends but it is dreaded in the main.
    Phew! I thought it was me.
    In particular the morning after the night before the idea of doing it all over again tonight is almost terrifying.
    Willies and dildos and pink sash’s or matching T-shirt’s just look so sad on anyone over 21 I’m glad to see apparently it’s going out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

splinter65 wrote: »
    So if we were honest it’s wonderful to be with beloved female relations and friends but it is dreaded in the main.
    Phew! I thought it was me.

Literally have no idea what you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

GingerLily wrote: »
    Literally have no idea what you mean?

Sorry. I mean that the idea of having to be “up for anything”for 48 hours or so is very intimidating to me.
    I love my few friends and family but I’m one of those people who prefers to deal with a couple of people at a time.
    I like fun and a good laugh but hate the organized “we have to be at the horse riding stables at 11 then it’s back for lunch at 1.30 now smile your going to love it” kind of fun.
    I’m always anxious that someone is feeling left out or someone is not enjoying themselves.
    I know it’s not my job to make sure that people are having fun but that’s just the way it is.
    If I was the bride or the chief hen organizer I would be so uncomfortable that this was not everyone’s cup of tea and/or that it was financially difficult for some.
    I would think €100 all in was the maximum cost of the hen to each girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think the important thing with hen nights is that you have to actually speak your mind as a bride, and also you have to take those who you're inviting into consideration. And the bridesmaids have to listen and understand what the bride actually wants.

Like, for my hen, I really wanted a chance to hang out with my mates (male and female) for a while and maybe have some fun. I didn't want to go to a nightclub, I didn't want all the paraphernalia. 8 of us ended up having a lovely weekend, going out for a gorgeous dinner and doing some fun stuff I've always wanted to try, in the company of very good friends. The evenings were spent in the houses we rented playing charades and beer-pong! Hardly MADZER NITE OUT LOL LOL!!! I didn't invite randomers, I didn't invite work people, I didn't invite any of my family or my fiancees family.

Thankfully, I'm getting married in my mid-30's so it's far easier for me to say what I'd prefer. Likewise, my friends are in the same age range and none of us are arsed about clubs and getting hammered. I'd say organising something like this in your early 20's is a nightmare with the expectations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rita57

hi everyone I know this is an old thread can’t seem to find a more Recent one.
    wondering what is the average being are spending or willing to spend on a one night hen these days? I haven’t been on a hen since 2018 and can’t remember what that cost. Would be keen to hear peoples recent experiences? Or what are the current trends, what used to be done but not anymore. I’m organizing a hen party and while trying to costs down prices are €165 upwards plus transport to get there on top. Which is a lot for a lot of people givin the on going current cost of living crisis

Advertisement