Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TRS

• 07-11-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Apologies in advance Im asking a stupid question.
    Just realised that my mortgage does not have TRS applied.
    I have the mortgage since 2005 and remember originally applying for it.
    I rang the bank, they say they got a letter from the Inland Revenue on 25th May 2009 stating that my circumstances had changed and to stop TRS.
    According to the bank, the Inland Revenue should have notified them to apply it again and they did not.

I asked for a copy of the original letter.

I rang the inland revenue and they say I should have re-applied for TRS.
    I can claim back until 2013, but Im mad at myself, because the most interest paid was 2010 to 2012.

Now, it gets a little more interesting as I did take Carers Leave to mind my special needs son for 2008/2009 ( I am the sole earner)

I do remember, when I started working again ringing the Inland Revenue to let them know my circumstances had changed. But of course I have no hard copy of that event.

Inland Revenue assures me (on the phone) that many people were caught by the 2009 cease of TRS and tough to me.

Im thinking I may have been caught by leaving work at that time,
    and the Inland Revenue should have notified my bank when I started working again?

Either way, all I need to know is there anyway to claim that tax back (from 2010 to 2012)

Appreciate any advice. Sorry if its a really silly question.

Advertisement