Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a new house and don't have the alarm code

Options
  • 07-11-2017 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering what my options are here. The alarm system is a Honeywell Accenture G4 and appears to be working fine, I just don't have the code and the vendor didn't have it either. There's no engineer details on the box itself and while the bell box outside has the contact number of a company, they're saying they have no record of the system and that they can't guarantee they'd be able to help me if they send someone out, although I'd still have the call-out fee. A bit of searching on them dug up this thread from a few years back so I'm not sure they're actually the same company that installed it anymore and genuinely might not be able to help.

If anyone could recommend a company that might be able to help, I'd appreciate it. I've actually located the engineers manual online but wouldn't be nearly confident enough to try anything myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have no code how do you know the system is working.
    Is there many devices on the system. ?
    The first thing anyone would be doing is trying a default.
    If you have the manual maybe have a go at that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Wondering what my options are here. The alarm system is a Honeywell Accenture G4 and appears to be working fine, I just don't have the code and the vendor didn't have it either. There's no engineer details on the box itself and while the bell box outside has the contact number of a company, they're saying they have no record of the system and that they can't guarantee they'd be able to help me if they send someone out, although I'd still have the call-out fee. A bit of searching on them dug up this thread from a few years back so I'm not sure they're actually the same company that installed it anymore and genuinely might not be able to help.

If anyone could recommend a company that might be able to help, I'd appreciate it. I've actually located the engineers manual online but wouldn't be nearly confident enough to try anything myself.

Just so you know that system does not have analyzed zones.
    Most cases I've come across it will have contacts on windows with maybe a PIR to back this up.
    Id advise having some one looking at the system with regards to protecting the perimeter rather than leaving it this way if that is the case for you.

Advertisement