Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Dunmore Road

Options
  • 07-11-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I just read in the News and Star that Eddie Rockets will be opening soon on the Dunmore Road. Whereabouts does anyone know? Can see it taking a lot of business away from Rockin Joe's. Not that I'll mind - it doesn't compare at all. Will be great to have ER back in town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

mollyp wrote: »
    I just read in the News and Star that Eddie Rockets will be opening soon on the Dunmore Road. Whereabouts does anyone know? Can see it taking a lot of business away from Rockin Joe's. Not that I'll mind - it doesn't compare at all. Will be great to have ER back in town.

Id imagine where kongs / Apache pizza used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

dzilla wrote: »
    Id imagine where kongs / Apache pizza used to be.

Aren't Rockin Joes meant to be opening out dunmore road area as well? I know they have the cork road one already. News and star had a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Aren't Rockin Joes meant to be opening out dunmore road area as well? I know they have the cork road one already. News and star had a while back

Yeah i remember a few months ago i posted about Rockin Joe's opening up,id say the news & star are after getting the two mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭High-Tower

Heard its supposed to be going in where the old Extra-Vision was... beside Brady`s off-license .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

So will it be Eddie Rockets or Rockin Joes on the Dunmore Road?

• Advertisement

So will it be Eddie Rockets or Rockin Joes on the Dunmore Road?

The News & Star said in August that Rockin Joes were opening on the Dunmore Road and this week they said Eddie Rockets are opening there too,so either both of them are opening or just the one we'll have to wait and see i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Looking through the planning, permission was given to Sirgan Ltd, registered on Gladstone Street. Director is a Thomas Norris. Doesn't appear connected to either chain, so presumably someone franchising.

I know Eddie Rocket's is mainly a franchise operation, but is Rockin' Joe's too? From the split, it looks like all Joe's were owned by the same people, but I don't know if they have franchised since then. If not, I suppose this one is more likely Eddie Rocket's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

High-Tower wrote: »
    Heard its supposed to be going in where the old Extra-Vision was... beside Brady`s off-license .

Parking there could be a disaster for them.

If they took over the building where Kong's was they would have plenty of Parking and Room for the restaurant. The old Xtra-vision location would not great as mentioned above.

JohnC. wrote: »
    Looking through the planning, permission was given to Sirgan Ltd, registered on Gladstone Street. Director is a Thomas Norris. Doesn't appear connected to either chain, so presumably someone franchising.

I know Eddie Rocket's is mainly a franchise operation, but is Rockin' Joe's too? From the split, it looks like all Joe's were owned by the same people, but I don't know if they have franchised since then. If not, I suppose this one is more likely Eddie Rocket's.

Rockin Joes on the Cork road is called Shake Dog the last few months but they haven't changed the signs outside for whatever reason,i could be wrong but i think Shake Dog took over Rockin Joes all over the country

https://www.facebook.com/ShakeDogWaterford/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Shake Dog is going into the old Kong's/Apache Pizza behind the Topaz Garage on the Dunmore Road. There is a sign in the window of this building to say coming soon...

Ah no :( was hoping for an Eddies.

"Shake Dog", typical Irish fast food rip off name of Shake Shack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Ah no :( was hoping for an Eddies.

"Shake Dog", typical Irish fast food rip off name of Shake Shack.

Is Eddie Rocket's any better in that regard?

Look up Johnny Rockets if you're not familiar.

Yeah I realise Eddies is a rip on Johnny Rockets.

Just another to add to the list of K-Fried Recipe, Supermacs, 3 fellas etc.

I was more interested in Eddies as I am a fan of their new brunch menu and they do decent Burgers. Although a bit over priced there are not many places to get a good burger in Waterford that I know of, open to suggestions (Burzza?). Have only been in Rockin Joes and couple times and it just didnt seem as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Yeah I realise Eddies is a rip on Johnny Rockets.

Just another to add to the list of K-Fried Recipe, Supermacs, 3 fellas etc.

I was more interested in Eddies as I am a fan of their new brunch menu and they do decent Burgers. Although a bit over priced there are not many places to get a good burger in Waterford that I know of, open to suggestions (Burzza?). Have only been in Rockin Joes and couple times and it just didnt seem as good.

Burzza vastly superior burgers IMO marty, definitely worth trying if after a real nice burger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Max Powers wrote: »
    Burzza vastly superior burgers IMO marty, definitely worth trying if after a real nice burger

And you'll be bringing your business to the centre of town too...and we should all be trying to do that (ahem...god forbid any vested interests should be posting on here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Totally agree, Burzza have the best burgers in the city, my new favourite place! Been there 3 times now, heading again on Wednesday, would prefer an Eddie Rockets out on Dunmore Road, I find Rockin' Joes burgers/hotdogs fairly disgusting actually, though the fries and milkshakes are nice. Got a 'mexican' hot dog there once and it was vile, tasted like some sort of gone wrong chow mein

• Registered Users Posts: 22 X22Report

Passed by the world of wines today I see Eddie Rockets Signs on the old xtravision next door

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Went to Rockin Joes on the Cork rd last week.
    Terrible food !!
    Burgers were the cheapest ****e ive ever tasted ... I wonder was there any meat in it at all !!

I think its Eddie Rockets going into old Xtravision premises .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I passed this morning and it looks fairly ready to open.

• Advertisement

crustybla wrote: »
    I passed this morning and it looks fairly ready to open.

Yeah, passed this afternoon and they had people in sitting at a table-guessed maybe staff training.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

sillysocks wrote: »
    Yeah, passed this afternoon and they had people in sitting at a table-guessed maybe staff training.

Have they opened yet? If so are they doing take away. The one on the cork road used to when it was eddies rockets

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Have they opened yet? If so are they doing take away. The one on the cork road used to when it was eddies rockets

YES
    and
    YES

YES
    and
    YES

Thanks and thanks

Opened last Sunday and yes doing takeaways

Opened last Sunday and yes doing takeaways

Thanks. Has anyone eaten there yet?

I have been there a couple of times since the opening actually. My girlfriend loves it.

At the moment they have loads of staff on so the service is good and food comes out quick and looking well put together

The food is tastey but a bit on the expensive side we got: two burgers (one with an extra patty) , one fries, one milkshake, one coke and that was about €36 euro.

I noticed they do have a family deal for about €30 for two adults and two kids which is much more more reasonable.

Overall its a nice addition to the area, when you are in the mood for a good burger or a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A good burger it is not.

Never understood the appeal of Eddie rockets and probably never will

Best of luck to them anyway, always good to see something that creates employment

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Went today.... it’s bigger inside than I thought it would be. Quite a few booths and we’ll laid out. Really busy at lunchtime today. Service wasn’t that quick , but no major delays either.
    Got the 30 eur family deal which is decent enough value.

Parking is definitely tight and can imagine it’ll negatively impact on the other chipper and hairdressers etc beside it.
    Decent addition to the area overall and much better than a run down bargain shop exterior!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

A good burger it is not.

Never understood the appeal of Eddie rockets and probably never will

Best of luck to them anyway, always good to see something that creates employment

The malted milkshakes......yummy!

Advertisement