If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV needed

Options
  • 07-11-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi John and the crew,

My LG plasma bought from you in 2010 has bitten the dust this morning, power supply/capacitator/X and Y board issues and not worth repairing it seems so I need a new TV fairly quick.

Requirement would be appox 50 inch (plasma was 43), 4K, two HDMI and Saorview compatible for RTE. Connected to the Humax freesat box and DVD player only. Brushed silver surround would be nice.

Either LG, Sony or Panasonic and budget of approx £600.

Hoping you have a pre-Christmas Boardie special.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

piaget wrote: »
    Hi John and the crew,

My LG plasma bought from you in 2010 has bitten the dust this morning, power supply/capacitator/X and Y board issues and not worth repairing it seems so I need a new TV fairly quick.

Requirement would be appox 50 inch (plasma was 43), 4K, two HDMI and Saorview compatible for RTE. Connected to the Humax freesat box and DVD player only. Brushed silver surround would be nice.

Either LG, Sony or Panasonic and budget of approx £600.

Hoping you have a pre-Christmas Boardie special.

Thanks
    Hi Piaget,

Apologies for keeping you waiting!

How about the LG 49UJ670 - super TV ( with a built in Free to air satellite receiver as well :) ) and its just £529 / €629
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202502-49uj670v.aspx

If the budget is a bit bendy ;) you could do the Sony KD49XE8004 ( Lovely Android OS on Board!) - I cant do much on the £ price but we can reduce the € from €799 to €769:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202480-bravia-kd49xe8004.aspx

If you wanted to go off-piste I'd highly recommend the Hisense 50N6800 at just £569 / €669 - stunning picture quality! - we could get the £ down on a boardie deal to £549 and the Euro € to €649:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202653-50n6800.aspx

All those include our 6 year warranty and delivery,

All available from stock for swiftish delivery ;)

Keep us posted 

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭piaget

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me, hope you're keeping well. Could I get your opinion and price on the Panasonic 49EX600B as another option.

In terms of picture quality rather than features which would be better of the Sony/LG/Panasonic.

Also how is stock levels and how quick could delivery be on the above.

Thanks

John, Kenny,

Any thoughts on the above, Panasonic seems to get poor reviews so I might discount it unless you have an alternative Pana. Will be looking to order today or tomorrow in time for the weekend hopefully.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

John, Kenny,

Any thoughts on the above, Panasonic seems to get poor reviews so I might discount it unless you have an alternative Pana. Will be looking to order today or tomorrow in time for the weekend hopefully.
    Hi Piaget.

The Panasonic is not bad at all but the Sony or the LG above would be a better purchase in my opinion. 

All 3 TV's mentioned above are in stock and ready to ship.

It might not be possible it to get it to you before the weekend as normally our delivery is quoted at 3-5 working days even thought it can take place before this.

Where are you based?

Kenny/John,

Give you a shout later today on the Sony.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Kenny/John,

Give you a shout later today on the Sony.

Thanks
    No worries at all Piaget.

If you drop me a PM with your contact number when your ready we can give you a shout and save you on your phone bill.

PM sent there, kenny. Thanks

PM sent there, kenny. Thanks
    Cheers Piaget.

Will drop you a call ASAP.

Hi Kenny,

Have put through the order there with Steven, could you see if there is any way to fastrack delivery on this as her indoors is going spare.

Thanks

Hi Kenny,

Have put through the order there with Steven, could you see if there is any way to fastrack delivery on this as her indoors is going spare.

Thanks
    Hi Piaget.

I see you have just cancelled your order with the store. 

Just out of interest is there any particular reason?

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.