Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Weather Live - November 15th-17th 2017

Options
  • 07-11-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

We're delighted to invite you to RTE’s newest live TV event “Weather Live”

WEATHER LIVE is a new live audience show on RTÉ One exploring Ireland's favourite obsession - the weather.

The landmark show will broadcast from a live studio hub in the National Botanic Gardens, Dublin across three nights from Wednesday, November 15th to Friday 17th at 7pm.

Presenter Kathyrn Thomas will be joined each night by a host of live studio guests and Met Éireann forecasters, amongst them Gerald Fleming, Evelyn Cusack and Joanna Donnelly, to find out what makes the Irish climate so unique. From Hurricane Ophelia to the Child of Prague, the show will sort fact from fiction and uncover how weather affects our everyday lives.

The WEATHER LIVE studio will feature a Science Corner with fun and explosive demonstrations helping viewers gain a better understanding of the science behind our weather and each night, a guest celebrity will be put through their paces in a live weather challenge.

To apply for tickets just e-mail your name, contact number, how many tickets and what date you would like to attend to weatherliveaudience@gmail.com . Tickets are free but limited.

On Friday night 17th we have a special piece on Weather Observers.

Hi All,
    Loose Horse Productions on behalf of RTE have asked for the above to be posted across forums and social media groups that show a keen interest in all things weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

In case anyone is dubious about the linked gmail, checks out on RTÉ. Pity nobody proof reads anything in the media any more though. (Anyone got any "story's" ?)

https://www.rte.ie/tv/audience-participation/2017/1106/917886-weather-live/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone planning to go to this? I'm going on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gotta say that was quite fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yeah was an enjoyable programme, shame rte don't do more science/weather features

As an aside, there an interview on the Ray Darcy show with Gerry, Joanna and Michelle from the met earlier that amongst other things involved a karaoke competition with Gerry winning for his bono impersonation, rather bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah was an enjoyable programme, shame rte don't do more science/weather features

As an aside, there an interview on the Ray Darcy show with Gerry, Joanna and Michelle from the met earlier that amongst other things involved a karaoke competition with Gerry winning for his bono impersonation, rather bizarre!

I remember they did a 50 years anniversary documentary on RTÉ Weather in 2012. I still have that recorded on my telly to this day so I can go back and watch it. They really do need to do more science/weather related shows for people like myself and other enthusiasts though. I would be down to watch any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Was a good show alright, missed the first one.

Was a pity that Kathryn came across to me as knowing so little about the weather and science behind it, she would kinda just rehash what someone just said except without any accuracy, it did kinda reduce the quality of it a little for me. Even an auld run through of how the whole thing works probably would have helped, but I'm sure it wasn't picked up by most people anyway.

However, as a programme aimed at the general populace who haven't much of an idea about how the weather works it was brilliant and informative, well done to all involved and a pity we can't have more shows like this.

Many thanks to RTÉ and Met Eireann for the programme.

Advertisement