Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once in a Lifetime....for now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

If the race report doesn't include the aftermath in the pubs I'll be very disappointed.

What happens on tour stays there you know that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

OOnegative wrote: »

Ah, now, hold on a minute. You're the one who brought up the stilettos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Ah now we'll need one or two stories at least, c'mon!

Have a ball S!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Haha...yiz are all very funny!!

Just finishing throwing the running gear in the bag. 6.15 flight in the morning so it will be an early start. Hip took quite a turn for the worst on Wednesday so I haven't risked running on it since. It really will be just a fun run (or discomfort management run) where I'd say I'll be a little north of 1:45 for the half.....and do you know what? I don't care. I'm really looking forward to experiencing a big city race abroad, the Olympic Stadium, visiting a city I haven't been in before and having Monday for sightseeing, seeing the expo tomorrow and of course a few IPAs with B on Sunday night to celebrate his PB. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Enjoy the trip and your run S!

• Advertisement

If the race report doesn't include the aftermath in the pubs I'll be very disappointed.

As I'll only be a fun runner I may have to include my beforemath in my report. Rugby in the morning and a few beers when B goes to bed early tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Enjoy the trip and the race S!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Best of luck S.....and all the best with the race too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Best of luck S, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Sounds like you'll have a blast. Say hello to B for me and enjoy the occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Have a great weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

"Slam In The Dam"

Have a great race and trip S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I hope you have a ball S, it sounds like it will be a good one :D

He wasn’t with me 3 hours and he got me turfed off a train on the way back to Den Haag(not joking either!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

He wasn’t with me 3 hours and he got me turfed off a train on the way back to Den Haag(not joking either!!!).

Any more details???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

OOnegative wrote:

Train report please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

OOnegative wrote:

This is a quality start, looking forward to the weekend reports already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Taking cakes from untrustworthy people? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

So, after he told me he loved me in LaineyFreak's log I said I'd better do a bit of research on this bloke.

This is what I came up with reading the last few pages........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Itziger wrote: »
    So, after he told me he loved me in LaineyFreak's log I said I'd better do a bit of research on this bloke.

This is what I came up with reading the last few pages........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

I thought he told LaineyFrecks he loved her... this is a whole new spin on things :P

ariana` wrote: »
    I thought he told LaineyFrecks he loved her... this is a whole new spin on things :P

Told me he loved me last night to.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

It seems he's fairly fickle our S :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Hahaha nope no declaration of love for me BUT i am happy to play a part in the start of a very special Bromance;)

Makes me all warm inside:D

Only because you said you needed to hear it!!

Don’t be thinking just cause it’s the week after DCM that you’ll get away without doing a race report for the Amsterdam Half, your audience awaits........ Plus you’re trying to sell it to other Boardsies to!!

Don’t be thinking just cause it’s the week after DCM that you’ll get away without doing a race report for the Amsterdam Half, your audience awaits........ Plus you’re trying to sell it to other Boardsies to!!

And also let us know how physio went yesterday please :)

ReeReeG wrote: »
    And also let us know how physio went yesterday please :)

Oh dear God. I come on here to quietly semi retire my log for now and I have ye to reply to!

Ok B, I will do a race run report. The week of DCM didn't seem like the week for it. I'll get something done later. ;)

V, the physio was today. It is the reason for the semi retirement of the log. I have another appointment next week but no running until then. I reckon the return to running will be a slow and gradual process and I have no intention of keeping a log going which will be detailing little or nothing. Bottom line is that there is a lot of strengthening needed in the area. Seeing it demonstrated was pretty staggering. The difference between right and left was alarming.

For the past 4 months I kept up with the easy running so as not to totally lose fitness and to be able to get around the 13.1 in Amsterdam but at this remove I am determined to get it fixed no matter how long I have to desist from running and delay introducing sessions. You know what's it's like at the moment!

skyblue46 wrote: »

V, the physio was today. It is the reason for the semi retirement of the log. I have another appointment next week but no running until then. I reckon the return to running will be a slow and gradual process and I have no intention of keeping a log going which will be detailing little or nothing. Bottom line is that there is a lot of strengthening needed in the area. Seeing it demonstrated was pretty staggering. The difference between right and left was alarming.

For the past 4 months I kept up with the easy running so as not to totally lose fitness and to be able to get around the 13.1 in Amsterdam but at this remove I am determined to get it fixed no matter how long I have to desist from running and delay introducing sessions. You know what's it's like at the moment!

Ah balls. But at least you know now and it IS all fixable. Hopefully you can get to do the short runs like myself after a few weeks off. If you need to moan about glute bridges come visit my log :pac:

• Advertisement

You going for an MRI?

Advertisement