Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once in a Lifetime....for now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

That’s a lot of 29ths. ;)

Santry Ave - I can’t stand driving or running down it. Think I’ve only run it once actually, during the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker, with mister paul in hot pursuit.

Nice week. You’re a patient man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Murph_D wrote: »

Santry Ave - I can’t stand driving or running down it. Think I’ve only run it once actually, during the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker, with mister paul in hot pursuit.

Sure he gets lots of practice mentoring yours truly :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Great week and great patience with the recovery it will be worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Great week and great patience with the recovery it will be worth it in the long run.

It's as much necessity as patience lads. Fitness fell through the floor over that 5 month period. Need to do a bit more work before stretching the legs too much....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Very good week, building that base up again nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Glad to see this.. Patience will pay off.

Glad to see this.. Patience will pay off.

Ah P it's very simple. I have no interest in anything beyond my next marathon whenever that may be. Nothing else matters really...

I suppose I better do some sort of update here but I have no intention of listing out 2 weeks of mostly easy runs. Suffice to say that fitness is gradually improving and the capped HR easy runs are getting ever so slightly faster. The past 2 weeks were both 6 days of running totalling 46 and 47 miles. The only runs of any note for me were getting the long run to HM distance for the first time since last May, an easy run where I ended each of the 7 miles with 90 secs at 10 mile pace and a little 4 mile progression from 8:40 down to 8 min miles. I can't be accused of rushing things :pac:

In other news the recent cold snap has me converted to wearing leggings :eek: All it took was a little bit of thought...we all warm up, many people use heat balms on muscles before races for the simple reason that cold muscles are more susceptible to injury. I've had enough injury without inviting more. Oh and its just much more comfortable :D

In other other news my beloved Gliderides have passed 600 miles and are one run away from 1,000km. There really is practically no sign of wear and I'd not be surprised to reach 1,000 miles in them. They have to be the most durable shoe on the market. The guidesole which is very similar to the endorphin speedroll sole may contribute to less friction on landing but thats only a guess. It might just be that it's a very durable rubber on the outsole :pac:

In other other other news the government has today decided to increase fines for international travel and to remove inter county GAA from the list of elite sports which are exempt from level 5 restrictions. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum and prospects for races aren't great if all this tightening of restrictions is anything to go by. If we hadn't spent centuries taking it up the ars* from the British we might be getting close to French or Dutch style protests.

I think you are very brave for coming out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Jesus Christ Lord Almighty....... Him who’s missus keeps his balls in a box has taken another one!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Noticed on Strava that you paces were coming down, good to see a bit of fitness coming back.

Leggings/tights, I don’t believe it...

You’re MMM (manly manliness membership) has been revoked forthwith!!!!!

TbL

To be fair S it is cold.....I had gloves on this evening!

Noticed on Strava that you paces were coming down, good to see a bit of fitness coming back.

Leggings/tights, I don’t believe it...

You’re MMM (manly manliness membership) has been revoked forthwith!!!!!

TbL

I'm a fully paid up member of the Leggings Grip Balls Quite Tightly (LGBQT) community now :)

To be fair S it is cold.....I had gloves on this evening!

But still in shorts??

Shorts all the way; imagine if the lads in Scotland found out I had leggings; I wouldn't be allowed back

But still in shorts??

He probably was...not sure if he complained on Strava about the wind cutting him in half though. That would never happen if you were dressed for the conditions...

Shorts all the way; imagine if the lads in Scotland found out I had leggings; I wouldn't be allowed back

But ye lot wear skirts........

Phew...still some manly men on here :pac:

Ah S, it's all relative but I don't think your slow runs are slow enough for such a drastic measure. I have one pair of tights myself, it's been in the back of the drawer for four years now. I genuinely don't think it ever gets cold enough for them in our temperate zone. Hat, gloves, long sleeves, yes, tights, never!

Ah S, it's all relative but I don't think your slow runs are slow enough for such a drastic measure. I have one pair of tights myself, it's been in the back of the drawer for four years now. I genuinely don't think it ever gets cold enough for them in our temperate zone. Hat, gloves, long sleeves, yes, tights, never!

All my Man Utd, Dublin and cycling heroes wear leggings training in the winter months. It's just the sensible thing to do. There are far better ways of proving ones manliness :D

• Advertisement

Purely for airflow purposes
    OOnegative wrote: »
    But ye lot wear skirts........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Tights are cool lads. Just as long as you don't have your shorts over them :pac:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    He probably was...not sure if he complained on Strava about the wind cutting him in half though. That would never happen if you were dressed for the conditions...

The chilling wind was cutting my exposed face, my legs were fine in my shorts ;) Look it's cool you embrace the tights :p

Purely for airflow purposes

Actually a guy walking around in one here most of the week in -13 or below real feel!

MY BAD wrote: »
    Tights are cool lads. Just as long as you don't have your shorts over them :pac:

God no! I wouldn't do that :eek:

All my Man Utd, Dublin and cycling heroes wear leggings training in the winter months. It's just the sensible thing to do. There are far better ways of proving ones manliness :D

There’s not a fear Roy Keane or Ciaran Whelan wore a pair of tights!!!

Cos they were hardcore ;)

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/23/man-utd-news-wayne-rooney-admits-he-was-more-concerned-about-roy-keane-and-ryan-giggs-than-sir-alex-ferguson-13643200/

Not leggings but the man knew when it was right to stay warm...

If he was from Aberdeen it would be feeling like spring time
    Actually a guy walking around in one here most of the week in -13 or below real feel!

• Advertisement

A lot of standing around when playing that game!

I would wear tights if I felt the cold, which I genuinely don't, not in the legs anyway. Maybe I've no feeling left from the waist down. :eek:

Advertisement