Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BinLiner2

Lewis looked very unhealthy ,not just the weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

He didn't miss 4 or 5 months of the season is what I'm trying to say. He missed the Australian exhibitions that's it. He's been in decline a long time, handy excuse now as all players do. Between dartitis, arteritis, back pains leg pains child birth bla bla bla, more injuries in darts than football!

Fair enough, you cearly have your mind made up, but if you ever had a back injury like Lewis had, I doubt you would be as dismissive. He was runner up in he Worlds two years ago, how is that being in declaine for a long time? He has always been patchy and raised his game at the Worlds, this year the obvious exception but with extenuating circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

danganabu wrote: »
    Fair enough, you cearly have your mind made up, but if you ever had a back injury like Lewis had, I doubt you would be as dismissive. He was runner up in he Worlds two years ago, how is that being in declaine for a long time? He has always been patchy and raised his game at the Worlds, this year the obvious exception but with extenuating circumstances.

2 major finals in 4 years is a poor return really. I'm not saying his back wasn't sore, I'm saying he didn't miss half the season like you said.

Why does there have to be an excuse, can you not just admit his gone a bit ****e just like Wade and chizzy wez Newton Andy Hamilton.

2 major finals in 4 years is a poor return really. I'm not saying his back wasn't sore, I'm saying he didn't miss half the season like you said.

Why does there have to be an excuse, can you not just admit his gone a bit ****e just like Wade and chizzy wez Newton Andy Hamilton.

2 major finals in 4 years is as much as he has ever really done, never ever been a prolific winner, but raised his game for the big one.

There doesnt have to be an excuse, but there actually is one! And none of those have ever been in Lewis league, Wade the only one even remotely close and he has more demons that all the rest of the pro tour put together.

And when I said he missed 4/5 months, I meant practice. A dart player that cant practice hasn't a hope, no matter who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

the excuses been made up for lewis are gas!
    hes done nothing for years
    its no great surprise

the change of the gaurd continues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

barney looks value @ 40 - 1 e/w bet
    but you never know what you get with him

hes in mvg side but is on his day 1 of the few could beat him over long format

2 major finals in 4 years is as much as he has ever really done, never ever been a prolific winner, but raised his game for the big one.

There doesnt have to be an excuse, but there actually is one! And none of those have ever been in Lewis league, Wade the only one even remotely close and he has more demons that all the rest of the pro tour put together.

And when I said he missed 4/5 months, I meant practice. A dart player that cant practice hasn't a hope, no matter who they are.

Wade not in Lewis league? Conversation over haha.

Wade not in Lewis league? Conversation over haha.

Lewis has more major wins, 2 world titles, a world runner up and has more career earnings in a shorter career.

Did Lewis beat you in an exhibition??

Lewis has more major wins, 2 world titles, a world runner up and has more career earnings in a shorter career.

N o but I would fancy myself to beat him in an exhibition

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5-4 for Wade on major titles isn't it, using a reasonable 'major' definition of Open Ranking event on TV with decent prizemoney.
    Lewis = 2 Worlds, a UK Open and a European Championship.
    Wade = 2 Grand Prix, 2 UK Opens, and a Matchplay.

I'd also bet good money without checking that Wade is leading their h2h record.

I'd agree Lewis is better but I think 'Wade not in Lewis league' is way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Personally I hope Lewis comes back with determination and gets back to his very best,I believe he's the only one close to mvg if both play top games,Ando would be up there too,

He's very young,would be fantastic for peak Lewis to battle peak mvg for the next decade imo

Personally I hope Lewis comes back with determination and gets back to his very best,I believe he's the only one close to mvg if both play top games,Ando would be up there too,

He's very young,would be fantastic for peak Lewis to battle peak mvg for the next decade imo

I'd love it too, the grandslam semi between him an Taylor in 2013 is best game I've ever seen. He's just so frustrating. He may challenge again for a major or 2 but he'll never be consistent enough to be a rival to mvg

5-4 for Wade on major titles isn't it, using a reasonable 'major' definition of Open Ranking event on TV with decent prizemoney.
    Lewis = 2 Worlds, a UK Open and a European Championship.
    Wade = 2 Grand Prix, 2 UK Opens, and a Matchplay.

I'd also bet good money without checking that Wade is leading their h2h record.

I'd agree Lewis is better but I think 'Wade not in Lewis league' is way off.

World Cup of Darts is a major.

Wade probably ahead oh H2H alright but no idea, Wade a great player to play the player as opposed to the board Lewis the exact opposite.

Fair enough, 'not in the same league' was harsh but I still stand by the fact that Lewis is/was a much better player, a double world champion compared to a semi finalist, thats a signigficant enough gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Really really really really really hoping for a Steve Lennon win tonight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Steve Lennon up next. Would be delighted if he can get the win but very tough match against Michael Smith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Lennon digging deep, but probably not enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

absolutely rattled Smith there

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Somehow, he's dragged it back to 2-2!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

All level, 2-2. Great fight back!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Unlucky but a great showing and a good prospect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That Schindler lad looks 15 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I hope Whitlock gets a good run in this championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Schindler looks like Uter Zorker from the Simpsons.

If he hits double top, someone will need to take the dart out for him.

The double hitting in this match is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Schindler definitely has a future in the game, unlucky but showed bottle at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I just can't watch Pipe.. It's painful! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

A few of the crowd at the start of the Pipe match were singing that annoying "please don't take me home" song.

Don't think they need worry. They won't be going home for a long time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Kingp35 and Lazurus can watch this for us and give updates, part of their modly responsibilities.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I just can't watch Pipe.. It's painful! :(

Just said the same myself and turned it off, painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is it an act/tactic though I wonder? It would certainly throw off an opponent, especially one of the rapid fire lads

Advertisement