Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

obi604 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question here.

So I notice sometimes a player throws a 20 or treble 20 on dart 1. Then dart 2, they decide to go for 19’s. Then dart 3, they go for 20’s again.

Why do they do this sometimes?

I thought it may have something to do with the way dart 1 has landed on board and may not suit a dart 2 going for 20, but then when they throw dart 3 again at 20 , I’m not sure why this happens.

Mathematics I assume. Even when not near a finish they set up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mikedukky

Wtf is Taylor on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

what is this waffle? he angling for a job next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Taylor is insufferable, he talks some rubbish. Getting second hand embarrassment watching this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Just when you thought that Pipe was the biggest wan*er in darts, the real king steps up to remind you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully Taylor gets no role on Sky, would destroy the coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

He also has to have the biggest wanker of a face I’ve ever seen in me life. Looks like a complete prick.

He looks the spit of an ex pal of mine,who was also a complete prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cake Man wrote: »
    Taylor is insufferable, he talks some rubbish. Getting second hand embarrassment watching this

when is his biography coming out ??

why do we need to knw his Xmas plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

"I don't want a pat on the back..." and if he didn't he'd be out next week saying "I don't get the credit I deserve..." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Strange dude is the GOAT.

Interviewers nightmare, he goes off on tangents and never gives a proper answer to anything.

• Advertisement

Anderson playing beautifully here.

Barney has a game on if he can maintain it.

confirmed third round games
    Vincent van der Voort v Raymond van Barneveld (Wed 27th Evening)
    Michael van Gerwen v Gerwyn Price (Wed 27th Evening)
    Mensur Suljovic v Dimitri Van den Bergh (Thurs 28th Afternoon)
    John Henderson v Rob Cross (Thurs 28th Afternoon)
    Phil Taylor v Keegan Brown (Thurs 28th Evening)
    Gary Anderson v Steve West (Thurs 28th Evening)

last 2 will be confirmed after the remainig 4 2nd round games are complete on Weds 27th Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Delighted gurney and pipe lost horrible yokes hoping barney goes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    confirmed third round games
    Vincent van der Voort v Raymond van Barneveld (Wed 27th Evening)
    Michael van Gerwen v Gerwyn Price (Wed 27th Evening)
    Mensur Suljovic v Dimitri Van den Bergh (Thurs 28th Afternoon)
    John Henderson v Rob Cross (Thurs 28th Afternoon)
    Phil Taylor v Keegan Brown (Thurs 28th Evening)
    Gary Anderson v Steve West (Thurs 28th Evening)

last 2 will be confirmed after the remainig 4 2nd round games are complete on Weds 27th Dec
    Taylor v brown looks like the stand out match,then again cross v Henderson looks good.

Think Taylor will hop off Brown.

Barney v Vvdv could be a cracker. Vincent is playing brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Probably a silly question here.

So I notice sometimes a player throws a 20 or treble 20 on dart 1. Then dart 2, they decide to go for 19’s. Then dart 3, they go for 20’s again.

Why do they do this sometimes?

I thought it may have something to do with the way dart 1 has landed on board and may not suit a dart 2 going for 20, but then when they throw dart 3 again at 20 , I’m not sure why this happens.

Say you're on 269...S20...S19....T20...leaves 170...sticking on 19's for the third dart and there's no chance of a finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Is Corey Cadby or Corey Cadbury as Phil calls him in this? Got under Phils skin before with his exuberant reactions. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Cake Man wrote:

Taylor
    " I don't take money for appearances"

Same man was asking for €20 for a picture in Letterkenny last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Taylor

Everything about the man is a facade and a contradiction, he is not nearly as clever as he thinks and every story he tells is full of holes but no one in the upper ranks of the PDC has the balls to pull him up on it, he is or was worth too much to them, I think in a few years we will get to hear a few truths bout him, if anyone had done it up to now they would have been shunned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Taylor

I must be the only man in Ireland hoping he wins it again,we went over a few years on the trot to islingtion,to watch the darts in the ally pally,I met him once,the nicest guy you could ever meet,did all the pictures and all that boring **** etc,went into a pub,and met Bristo, who was on the sauce,and the late,who was ,tea total, sid Waddell.couldn't believe bristo was so sound,come 's across as a tosser on screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

squadro wrote: »
    Is Corey Cadby or Corey Cadbury as Phil calls him in this? Got under Phils skin before with his exuberant reactions. ��

There's a tribal leader in the Brazilian rainforest whose people are as yet undiscovered by the rest of humanity due to their isolated existence but has somehow still managed to get under the skin of Phil Taylor because of some perceived slight. Taylor would pick an argument with a cat if it didn't treat him with proper respect.

Cadby didn't qualify - he played the tour in a strange way this year thinking he could do enough in Australasia to bump his ranking and qualify for the big events. Didn't work out. Probably has to get the sponsorship together to do 24 months in the UK and see if his game can hold up. I'm not sure he quite has the temperament to justify that sort of investment (6 figure sum?).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭obi604

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Say you're on 269...S20...S19....T20...leaves 170...sticking on 19's for the third dart and there's no chance of a finish.

You say 2nd dart is a 19. My thing is why wouldnt it just be. S20.....T20........S19. Stick with 20’s first, then go for 19.

But then your last sentence says 19 for 3rd dart......... so confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

You say 2nd dart is a 19. My thing is why wouldnt it just be. S20.....T20........S19. Stick with 20’s first, then go for 19.

But then your last sentence says 19 for 3rd dart......... so confused.
    It's like the example you first gave. Maybe the first dart didn't land very well in the 20s so they changed to 19s but only hit a single 19. Now, even though the target isn't great in 20s, they have to try and hit a treble 20 cause otherwise they can't finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Gurney should still be fine for PL due to having won a major this year. He faded alarmingly last night though

Coughing Justin Pipe - a villain
    Caravan loving Phil Taylor - a hero.

The reason no one in the upper PDC ranks calls up on Taylor’s antics is because he’s a major shareholder. At one stage, Barry Hearn claimed that he’d retire on the same day as Taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Gurney should still be fine for PL due to having won a major this year. He faded alarmingly last night though

Coughing Justin Pipe - a villain
    Caravan loving Phil Taylor - a hero.

The reason no one in the upper PDC ranks calls up on Taylor’s antics is because he’s a major shareholder. At one stage, Barry Hearn claimed that he’d retire on the same day as Taylor

Don't think he has shares anymore

Don't think he has shares anymore

He's not he sold them 10 years ago. Bristow too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

There's a tribal leader in the Brazilian rainforest whose people are as yet undiscovered by the rest of humanity due to their isolated existence but has somehow still managed to get under the skin of Phil Taylor because of some perceived slight. Taylor would pick an argument with a cat if it didn't treat him with proper respect.

Cadby didn't qualify - he played the tour in a strange way this year thinking he could do enough in Australasia to bump his ranking and qualify for the big events. Didn't work out. Probably has to get the sponsorship together to do 24 months in the UK and see if his game can hold up. I'm not sure he quite has the temperament to justify that sort of investment (6 figure sum?).

Very suspect temperament, I don't think we'll be seeing much of him at the big events

TbL

enjoy the Xmas Break everyone and see u all weds for the 2nd/3rd rounds

it's MVGs oo lose and he's look a mile ahead of everyone else left. would love too see someone else win it tbh

I say there praying big John Henderson doesent win it out as he would then be the poster boy of darts. tbf MVG is no model either

Tomorrow's evening session looking juicy. I fancy more than 20 maximums in all 3 games. Van Gerwen hard to back for 180s these days with all the 170+ scores he hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Tomorrow's evening session looking juicy. I fancy more than 20 maximums in all 3 games. Van Gerwen hard to back for 180s these days with all the 170+ scores he hits

Not until the 27th

Advertisement