Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fancy Dimitri here too

Jamie Lewis 2 months ago. Crazy game!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Another big seed on verge of crashing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Suljovic dead and buried now surely?

Not watching today but he was pretty awful vs Thornton, who seemed to give up way too easily

Could be the most random Worlds' since Part winning in 08. Wouldn't overly surprise me at all if Barney took out MvG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

future world champ for me , dimitry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Unless MVG clicks into gear, Taylor could actually win it one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,459 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

imagine a newbie final

Rob Cross or Van Den Berg vs Jamie Lewis/Keegan Brown or Darren Webster

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Well done by Dmitri, that win is exactly what he needs to push his game.

MvG Anderson Taylor and Barney still in it. Not having this "strange" world championship. Peter Wright the only real shock seed knocked out

That's 3 of the top 5 seeds gone and we've played, what, 4 3rd round matches?

Exciting stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Real quality from Van den Burgh. He looks so cool and calm on the big stage.

MvG Anderson Taylor and Barney still in it. Not having this "strange" world championship. Peter Wright the only real shock seed knocked out

True true, but only 2 of them can make the semis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mensur played average all tournament.

Mvg will have to beat Barney, probably Cross and probably Ando/Taylor. That’s a tough run in.

Anderson looks the best bet at this stage I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

I wouldn't say strange, poor might be a better word. Still, the world number 2, 4 and 5 knocked out before the quarter final stages is a pleasant surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

He's had a good year but for me Suljovic doesn't feel like a fifth seed, a decent player but isn't good enough to beat the top players when they're in top gear. I'd say a lot fancied Van den berg and there wasn't much difference in the odds so didn't really feel like much of a shock.

Lewis, Wade, Wright, Gurney, Whitlock, Mensur, Chizzy and Klassen are 8 of the top 12 and all went out early.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Lewis, Wade, Wright, Gurney, Whitlock, Mensur, Chizzy and Klassen are 8 of the top 12 and all went out early.

Forgot about Gurney, but Lewis Wade Whitlock chizzy or klassen were definitely not shocks. Expected by anyone that has followed darts this year. Mensurs been muck since the champions league too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I think another factor is there's a much smaller gap between the top 12 and the rest of the filed these days compared to before. If I was told 5 of the 8 mentioned above wouldn't be top 12 in 2 years time I wouldn't be surprised.

qwabercd wrote: »
    I think another factor is there's a much smaller gap between the top 12 and the rest of the filed these days compared to before. If I was told 5 of the 8 mentioned above wouldn't be top 12 in 2 years time I wouldn't be surprised.

5 of them are already outside the top 12 I think? Or will be at end of this tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd like to see a few close games, a lot of thrashings so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

There's something about that Rob Cross I don't like, can't quite put my finger on it.

There's something about that Rob Cross I don't like, can't quite put my finger on it.

Me too. Looks like a smug little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Same with Henderson. Good looking guy, but knows it as well.

Forgot about Gurney, but Lewis Wade Whitlock chizzy or klassen were definitely not shocks. Expected by anyone that has followed darts this year. Mensurs been muck since the champions league too

So you fancied Munch, Brown, Dekker, vvdv and Webster to all win. Pull the other one.

Munch and Brown were major upsets.

The other 3 were all still betting outsiders.

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd like to see a few close games, a lot of thrashings so far

Usually the way with early rounds.

Should be some classics to come hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

You reckon Henderson is a
    Good looking guy
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Exactly and the way he bobbles his head sometimes before he throws. Should give him a bobble head Ray.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Wish the commentators would shut up about Cross. We get it, he's had a great debut year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Come on big bad John show him what your made of, shouldn't have lost that 2nd set

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    So you fancied Munch, Brown, Dekker, vvdv and Webster to all win. Pull the other one.

Munch and Brown were major upsets.

The other 3 were all still betting outsiders.

Go over my posts and you'll see. Was convinced brown would beat Wade and also vvdv would beat chizzy. Knew Lewis was going out early maybe not to munch. Webster is playing cracking, consistent darts all year. You in lala land all year?

Advertisement