Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Anderson blew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Switching off now, this interview will likely make me very sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

anderson deserved nothing out of that he was poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Loving the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Taylor a complete dork, waved his arms in Anderson eyeline there before the go at 105 n it annoyed Ando, he showed it....throwing momentos to crowd at 4-1.....jaysus, need, I go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

A more horrible cnut you could not meet than taylor and as for the morons who constantly chant "there's only one phil taylor" well thank fcuk for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭klose

Funny evening session, both mvg and Anderson could have well won but bottled important legs. Be interested to see how mvg and Taylor fare against the 2 younger lads tomorrow, hopefully the occasion won't get to em I'd love to see Lewis replicate his form from today again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Chances of Lewis knocking out Taylor tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Anderson shot himself in the foot early on, poor start killed him. Taylor was tiring the last few sets and Anderson didn't take advantage enough. I think Taylor got under his skin as well add to that his poor throwing at times

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Phil Taylor is a extremely talented dart player and that goes without saying, but Jesus a person he leaves a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'm honestly giving him none.

Think he will poop his pants playing The Power in a world semi final.

Slim, Lewis is a handy thrower but experience at this stage might go against him. Add to that Taylor is playing steady.

Lewis needs to start fast and take 2 out of the first 3 sets. I think Taylor is struggling in long matches so the longer the match goes the better for Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Granted I'm not a darts follower 52 weeks of the year but I can't help but fancy Lewis tomorrow. Can't find the match priced anywhere yet but that was a grueller of a match for Taylor. He'll be late to bed tonight and up early again tomorrow against a young lad who barely needs the rest in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Epic from the Power the dream finish is on :)

Firstly, we are talking about Taylor alone - and he simply (in my opinion) oozes pondlife in buckets. As you mention those others, at least they seemed to act with some modicum of respect when they ruled their particular sporting worlds, and performed their magic.

I'm not trying to judge, its just an opinion. Interviews will often let down the hero.

Best pissed his career against a brewery wall and beat his wives. Maradona wasn't exactly a class act.

Tiger Woods rode anything with a pulse.

McEnroe cried about every call.

Hurricane Higgins...well where do we start?

The simple fact is the natural greats are often unlikeable, pampered, overpaid and not so nice in interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

raiders11 wrote: »
    Taylor a complete dork, waved his arms in Anderson eyeline there before the go at 105 n it annoyed Ando, he showed it....throwing momentos to crowd at 4-1.....jaysus, need, I go on
    Was that the paper of the scoring ? Good man phil. You'd swear the world revolved around him.

mdwexford wrote: »

Agreed I think the same, wouldn't be surprised if Taylor wins 6-2 Lewis winning two sets cos taylors lapse in concentration at times

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Best pissed his career against a brewery wall and beat his wives. Maradona wasn't exactly a class act.

The simple fact is the natural greats are often unlikeable, pampered, overpaid and not so nice in interview.

No argument there. (Except, I have a pulse, and never met the lad)

Not a hope unfortunately, Taylor will bully him..

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was that the paper of the scoring ? Good man phil. You'd swear the world revolved around him.

Think it was but when came back from the ads of end of same set, it showed Taylor playing with Sky mic....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

raiders11 wrote: »
    Think it was but when came back from the ads of end of same set, it showed Taylor playing with Sky mic....

He definitely handed the scrunched up score sheet from 1 set out into the crowd think it was when he went 4-1 up.

No doubt he is a legend of darts and still a serious player but if someone else was at the stuff he does/did tonight like waving in Gary's eyeline when he was going for the 105 to potentially go 4-4 then sky would be all over it. Similar to pipes coughing episode earlier in the comp but I doubt we will hear anything more of this one....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

mdwexford wrote: »

Best of 13 could help and hinder him (cross to an extent as well) with a bad start allowing a comeback; but on the flipside loads of time for an early lead to be caught up on as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Dart for dart Lewis might have a shot as he's throwing incredible and staying consistent but at the same time Taylor is throwing very well too. However Taylor will pull every trick out of the play book you'll feel and it's hard to imagine Lewis being able to deal with that. Peter Wright is a sound lad who wouldn't really get to you mentally, Taylor the antithesis. However he must be brimming with confidence, and he'll know that Taylor will get at him so you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Pele

Jack Nicholas

Roger Federer

Stephen Hendry

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Phil Taylor has gotten really vile in his later years, I can only imagine the snide tactics he’ll start if Lewis starts bullying him around tomorrow night.

Anderson is experienced enough and should be able to easily handle a bit of dodgy sportsmanship from Taylor.

Anderson came across a bit juvenile and unfocused, only has himself to blame

TbL

Anderson is experienced enough and should be able to easily handle a bit of dodgy sportsmanship from Taylor.

Anderson came across a bit juvenile and unfocused, only has himself to blame

TbL

I thought Anderson looked uncomfortable from the word go and did pretty well to hang in so long.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Pele

Jack Nicholas

Roger Federer

Stephen Hendry

TbL

I love the way it looks like you you added yourself to that list :D

• Advertisement

I love the way it looks like you you added yourself to that list :D

😂

Only noticed that when you posted :)