Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

raiders11 wrote: »
    I thought Anderson looked uncomfortable from the word go and did pretty well to hang in so long.....

Thought he made some poor decisions, seemed to throw away a few darts and generally let Phil get to him.

He was poor by his standards

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

anderson didnt play well this championships at all
    could have lost 5 - 1 tonight
    nobody to blame but himself

taylor is a prick - nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Taylor's Last Matchplay..... The Top Players suddenly start to play ****e… People call a fix..
    Taylors Last World Championship.. Suddenly all the top seeds start to get illness loose form and play ****e letting qualifiers suddenly become world beaters all of a sudden… FIX MY HOLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He's made the game into the superstar sport that it is, he is by a mile the greatest ever, no one will come near his record...but he's on the slide and a bit cranky, understandably. Even tonight you see him battling against the inevitable loss of concentration that comes with old age, you could never accuse him of lack of focus as one might say Van Gerwen had tonight. But some expect that he should accept his slide into being an also ran with grace, he doesn't, he snarls and fights and still puts it up to the best.

Here here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

testtech05 wrote: »
    He definitely handed the scrunched up score sheet from 1 set out into the crowd think it was when he went 4-1 up.

No doubt he is a legend of darts and still a serious player but if someone else was at the stuff he does/did tonight like waving in Gary's eyeline when he was going for the 105 to potentially go 4-4 then sky would be all over it. Similar to pipes coughing episode earlier in the comp but I doubt we will hear anything more of this one....

What did he do? Is there a gif?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Would love to see Lewis beat Taylor but if I had to make a prediction sadly I'd say he'll lose 0-6

Pele

Jack Nicholas

Roger Federer

Stephen Hendry

TbL

Pele?

If Taylor had affairs with teenagers and disowned kids from extramarital affairs this place would go into meltdown. And unlike Stephen Hendry, Taylor waited until his kids were grown up before he dumped the wife and ran off with the attractive young woman, who evidently was not deterred by his looks or charisma deficit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning either at all. But listing them as nice guys or paragons of virtue is precisely my point, we don't care whether theyre nice or not. And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭dubrov

You've got to be kidding with Pele. The guy makes Maradona look like a saint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I never knew that about Pele, interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Even Federer has come off as a very sore loser at times and is such a PR robot it's hard to actually know his real personality

In my view Taylor is a complete nasty piece of work, but I'm genuinely sad to see him retiring and as a darts player will probably cheer him on tomorrow if he wins today :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Does it really matter though. It's the darts were watching, a pub game played for massive money in an oversized pub. It's not a personality contest or anything. Everyone has there flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I never knew that about Pele, interesting

Pele has done more riding than AP McCoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I didn't know that about AP McCoy.... dirty b*stard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Seems a bit like Sky do that the Taylor defenders are happy to ignore the fact that he is a convicted sex offender 🀔

danganabu wrote: »
    Seems a bit like Sky do that the Taylor defenders are happy to ignore the fact that he is a convicted sex offender 🀔

So you want sky to announce it every now and again is it?

Yeah that's what I said 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

some idiots on twitter think the event is a fix
    same guys are experts when they watch 1 darts event per year

good jesus some people are stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Seems a bit like Sky do that the Taylor defenders are happy to ignore the fact that he is a convicted sex offender ��

Do you know much about the case?

Depends who's version of a drunken fumble you believe. Those girls didn't sound like the most moral ladies in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fear cross and Jamie Lewis could **** themselves a bit tonight and both lose heavily but ya never knw. come later we could be looking forward too a Rob Cross vs Jamie Lewis world final

Of course I do md, he was convicted and a result it's a matter of public record, have a look for yourself.

And if you listen to anyone involved in darts for the last 30 years they will tell you that it came as no surprise and was not an isolated incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Of course I do md, he was convicted and a result it's a matter of public record, have a look for yourself.

And if you listen to anyone involved in darts for the last 30 years they will tell you that it came as no surprise and was not an isolated incident.

it was sweep under the rug by PDC heads anyway

would that sort of conviction not get a person disqualified from the organisation ???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Hmm, wonder why guys like him and Weinstein have to resort to that sort of carry on to get their jollies...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

I’ve noticed that interviewer Laura Woods on the darts doesn’t interview Taylor anymore after the games, she interviews everyone else tho

Wonder did he fondle her or something ? Few people on twitter have pointed this out also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'd love to see Buster Bloodvessel annihilate Taylor, but there is something telling me that Taylor is going to win his 17th world title and then retire

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'd love to see Buster Bloodvessel annihilate Taylor, but there is something telling me that Taylor is going to win his 17th world title and then retire

More importantly Ally, What did you think of Peter Wright's performance the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That was the year he was to get his mbe too,which was swiftly withdrawn .. convicted on both counts he was, some defend his actions which is bizzare and concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is kick off at 7pm tonight ?

Edit: no it's 7:30pm on air so 8pm first match on stage ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MOD NOTE: I understand that there is a dislike of Phil Taylor but there is no need for the over the top name calling that has been going on in this thread. Anyone else who goes over the top with the name calling wil be issued with a warning and may be issued with temporary ban from the darts form.

Keep it civil everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I expect Taylor to demolish Lewis here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Has this been on sky sports mix ch121 all along even without a sky sports subscription?

Advertisement