Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That could be soul destroying for Lewis. He's shown great heart to keep bouncing back so far, can he go shrug it off? I hope he can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

lewis has been poor doesn't deserve to go through on this form really hope they both improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Shane732 wrote: »
    One thing for sure MVG will play either of these off the board, assuming MVG gets through and these play the same in the final as tonight!!

MvG has been up and down himself. Typically Taylor will raise his game tomorrow

Think he's destined to win it at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Bobby George in hospital.

I believe the tables are boring, but the crowd has yet to give a reason why they have unanimously come to this conclusion. It needs more verses by way of an explanation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

I hope MVG crushes Taylor in the final, don't think I could do with the year long celebration from Sky if he retires on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I can't see Taylor retiring after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The occasion getting to Lewis during the big moments.

Can afford to miss doubles like he is.

Be doing well to win another set I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Unfortunately Lewis has sh1t his pants on doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

More importantly Ally, What did you think of Peter Wright's performance the other night

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Phil keeps losing darts due to bounce-outs... is there something about those boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There should be evictions from the crowd when anyone sings that Yaya/Kolo tune which I have no doubt is coming.

:mad:

M

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Phil keeps losing darts due to bounce-outs... is there something about those boards?

Some of them look fairly worn with impacts to the metal around the treble 20, I'd have thougt a fresh one for each day should be used.

:mad:

It's one thing I hate about the later matches, especially if there was afternoon play. The idiots getting more drunk and rowdy as the match goes on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Lewis looked shellshocked there

Some of them look fairly worn with impacts to the metal around the treble 20, I'd have thougt a fresh one for each day should be used.

I would have thought they'd be changed after every match no? Doesn't Phil normally sign the board afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

They use for each match don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Taylor just doing what he needs to.

Lewis was bullying people on scoring through the week and had little pressure on him.

This is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

It's one thing I hate about the later matches, especially if there was afternoon play. The idiots getting more drunk and rowdy as the match goes on :(

Yeah plenty of that crowd would no doubt have been drinking all day today anyway.

As a result later starts are always asking for trouble, but it's all about the tv schedules for them

M

I would have thought they'd be changed after every match no? Doesn't Phil normally sign the board afterwards?

Yes he will but tonights board didn't look new when they started.

• Advertisement

That was some amazing check out

M

Shane732 wrote: »
    They use for each match don't they?

Not sure what the change criteria is, in the olden days they would rotate the board but as there's sponsorship from the board manufacturer they won't. I've spotted some of the boards rotated in the practice area, perhaps they are moved out there over time. This year one of the boards they used had the bull way off centre, it should never have even went on general sale, never mind be used for the World Championships.

jr86 wrote: »
    Yeah plenty of that crowd would no doubt have been drinking all day today anyway.

As a result later starts are always asking for trouble, but it's all about the tv schedules for them

You just want to tell them (the crowd) to STFU half the time when you're watching a close game.

I'm surprised Sky haven't tried to clean up the nonsense a bit. I get that it's part of the atmosphere and I like a pint myself, but there's limits!

That really didn't feel like a 6-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

That could have been 6-1 and Lewis is at home in his bed waiting for the final, missing doubles cost him massively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Watch now yer wan on sky won’t interview Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Touch of class at the end there from Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Watch now yer wan on sky won’t interview Taylor

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Big letdown very disappointing match from both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hopefully it'll be MVG who will give Taylor the board on monday night and let him walk off with it

Advertisement