Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Typical English hooligan behaviour. Disgraceful booing. Same ****ing gob****es will be booing cross tomorrow against taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Fair play to cross, really impressed by him. Just hope this match doesn't take too much out of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Unreal, I've never been more engrossed in a game of darts, pure sporting spectical! Hopefully Cross can follow it up! What a game

How are ya getting on

Delighted, yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Crowd were an absolute disgrace.Booing of MVG was shameful!!!

Taylor, was probably on a balcony orchestrating it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Up there with Taylor-RvB as the best game I've seen without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SlickRic wrote: »
    How the hell did he have any nerve at all to finish that off.

MVG will curse his missed doubles, but Rob still had to do his job...in his first EVER Worlds.

Yes but Cross was very unlucky not to hit the bull with his match dart, on balance Cross deserved it more I think

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Bollocks to that, happens to most players at some time, it's part of the game now for better or worse and you need to be able to deal with it

TbL

It's hardly for better, should fcuk the nacks out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bollocks to that, happens to most players at some time, it's part of the game now for better or worse and you need to be able to deal with it

TbL

Bollocks to that. It was spiteful shíte. Doesn't happen to most players....it isn't a regular occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Sure Taylor will only pay Cross off like his sexual assault conviction......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

D.Q wrote: »
    Typical English hooligan behaviour. Disgraceful booing. Same ****ing gob****es will be booing cross tomorrow against taylor.

Hopefully those vile scum will see a tragedy real soon, they deserve the very worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

High Voltage meets the Power, should be a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wanted MVG to win purely cos I don't think Cross will play anything like that in the final and will be turned over easily.

Not a hope Cross gets turned over easily.

darced wrote: »
    Great match absolutely ruined by the crowd, plain to see they put MVG off there, disgraceful carry on.

Cross will blow Taylor away I'd say, he's a serious thrower.

Hope it doesn't become a regular thing. Whatever about the chanting, I think that concentrated, malicious booing and whistling on a double is absolutely terrible. Disgraceful. Sky not talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

NDWC wrote: »
    Up there with Taylor-RvB as the best game I've seen without a doubt

2007 was it?

Some game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

One of the best games ever and it has somehow had the shine taken off it by the shameful crowd, absolute shocking and very suprised the scorer didn't ask for best behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

cross was great fair play to him hopefully he doesn't do a lewis on it and plays to his ability on Monday.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Hopefully those vile scum will see a tragedy real soon, they deserve the very worst.

Good man. Glad you agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

myshirt wrote: »
    2007 was it?

Some game.

That's the one. Tonight is right up there with it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Don't see any problems with the crowd it's darts not snooker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Bollocks to that. It was spiteful shíte. Doesn't happen to most players....it isn't a regular occurrence.

It happens, doesn't make it right but they should be able to deal with it.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

in fairness, it seemed like they just got caught up in outsider potential victory, could easily have happened in Three arena or citywest!

Johner wrote: »
    Not a hope Cross gets turned over easily.

I hope not. I'd love to see him turn up and play like that if only for his own sake.

I just don't think it will play out like that. I'd be happy to be wrong on that, even if it wasn't Taylor he was playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Brilliant interview by cross, some older experienced players could learn from it, hopefully cross isnt phased by the final and all that surrounds it and plays like he can and wins

in fairness, it seemed like they just got caught up in outsider potential victory, could easily have happened in Three arena or citywest!

If it was just louder cheering, yes.

Not booing and jeering.

Either way, still scummy-c*nt behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,475 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

What a match. Brilliant right to the end.

Well done Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

OOnegative wrote:
    Sure Taylor will only pay Cross off like his sexual assault conviction......

That's the stupidest thing I've read here in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Why didn't I put money on cross before the tournament, was in my head but didn't think he'd get this far when I saw the draw cos mvg was on the same side of the draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Agree with the crowd shaming, even Cross mentioned it. Whistling when MVG had any important double definatly influenced the result, he should have hit them anyway, but im sure he wouldnt have missed so many otherwise.

Advertisement