Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    You mean apart from the fact that the 3 components of the bet represent a treble at 4/1 or thereabouts and are being offered at 11/4 ? Given that 2 legs of the treble counter the third I think it's way past bad to be knocking a full point off the bet. Maybe that's just me though ...

Maybe its just you....I really didnt think about it all that much.
    I simply think Cross will get more 180's and a higher CO and am unsure if he'll win the match.
    Its all my humble opinion,Im no mathematician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Maybe its just you....I really didnt think about it all that much.
    I simply think Cross will get more 180's and a higher CO and am unsure if he'll win the match.
    Its all my humble opinion,Im no mathematician.

Likewise :)

But if I get a better price for the same bet by crossing the road I'm generally inclined to cross the road ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    Likewise :)

But if I get a better price for the same bet by crossing the road I'm generally inclined to cross the road ;)

Now thats wise words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mokeydope

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hope Taylor can take it out tomorrow and retire on the top of the mountain!! Best their is/was/everwillbe

Imagine the effect all this would have on MVG lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is it just me or is there way more 174, 171, and 177s being thrown than there use to be? Infuriating seeing MvG switch so much when have him backed for most 180s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mokeydope

Is it just me or is there way more 174, 171, and 177s being thrown than there use to be? Infuriating seeing MvG switch so much when have him backed for most 180s

I think they switch more to 19,18 than they used to

Double 16 doesn't seem as popular as it was from my limited viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hungover emotional

Cross 7-5

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hope Taylor can take it out tomorrow and retire on the top of the mountain!! Best their is/was/everwillbe

If there was only one of Cross and MVG (and Lewis?) he might be contesting that in 15-20 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Three high scoring trebles like 177's require more skill than 180's and should be considered as 'maximums'.

Paul Nicholson on the radio just now says he has spoken too Keegan brown and Gary Anderson and that they are very unhappy with Taylor. He played "dirty darts" was talking to them while they threw the darts, lauding them and sniffling, doing everything he could to break their concentration.
    Seems he's getting an easier ride than Justin Pipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

shock horror - sky wont mention it

please let cross win if there is any justice in this world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

You could see Anderson getting upset by it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Paul Nicholson on the radio just now says he has spoken too Keegan brown and Gary Anderson and that they are very unhappy with Taylor. He played "dirty darts" was talking to them while they threw the darts, lauding them and sniffling, doing everything he could to break their concentration.
    Seems he's getting an easier ride than Justin Pipe

That's one for the DRA to look at then. Must try find a podcast of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Taylor has definitely been very slow retrieving his darts too

The greatest, but a very odd individual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

Phil Taylor a great winner and terrible loser.

kentoccfc wrote: »
    That's one for the DRA to look at then. Must try find a podcast of it

Presumably if Brown or Anderson confirm it.

Otherwise I don't think they'll be too bothered by the hearsay of some player who had a feud with Taylor and always had a massive chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Otherwise I don't think they'll be too bothered by the hearsay of some player who had a feud with Taylor and always had a massive chip on his shoulder.

If a player thinks another is intentionally distracting them during a match there is a referee there if they want to make a complaint.

Instead of involving the ref the player affected probably mentions it to the other when they go out for a break but thats only playing into their hands and they'll only continue knowing they're getting under the other's skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Fun bet i like is the game to go to sudden death - 55/1

I don't think he'd say Anderson and Brown said it to him live on national radio if the players did not say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I don't think he'd say Anderson and Brown said it to him live on national radio if the players did not say it.

Regarding against Anderson, it was as plain as day, Anderson was clearly annoyed but being the gent he is just said nothing in the aftermath and left it.

Brown is always a bit all over hte shop emotion wise so it would have been less obvious.

To be honest anyone who doesn't think there is any truth in this is either extremely naieve or has never seen Taylor in action.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

A few people have mentioned about the crowd being locked and being able to drink until after midnight at the semi finals, I've been to Ally Pally most years and know how the bars work. For the semi finals the bar closes once one player gets to 4 sets in the second game. Likewise for the final, the bar closes when a player gets to 5 sets. There's nothing stopping you drinking as much as possible before the bar closes though!

They sell beer by the pitcher so you can buy yourself a couple of pitchers before the bar closes to keep yourself going.

But maybe they only made some passing comment and he completely developed the issue and built it up. That's why hearsay is pretty useless, there is no way of assessing and questioning the accusation. If it was as big a real as Nicholson makes out, presumably the players themselves will confirm it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

But maybe they only made some passing comment and he completely developed the issue and built it up. That's why hearsay is pretty useless, there is no way of assessing and questioning the accusation. If it was as big a real as Nicholson makes out, presumably the players themselves will confirm it.

Phil, should you not be practicising for tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If a player thinks another is intentionally distracting them during a match there is a referee there if they want to make a complaint.

Instead of involving the ref the player affected probably mentions it to the other when they go out for a break but thats only playing into their hands and they'll only continue knowing they're getting under the other's skin.

I wonder is there also an element of not wanting to let the crowd see you're getting nervy.
    If rightly so you air a grievance with the ref, I can see the crowd picking up on the this and being more vocal against you. I know it could go both ways but the way they can carry on they're more likely to side with Taylor.

danganabu wrote: »
    Phil, should you not be practicising for tonight??

Are you so fixated with Phil Taylor you are now seeing him where he doesn't exist? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

the ****e talk on social media is a fever pitch

taylor has been at the dark arts for as long as im watching it
    the players should expect it and get on with it or do it back

the yearly viewers calling it bitter from anderson and hes a sore loser? he said nothing after the match and took his defeat on the chin
    anderson should not have let it get to him

phil will want to win this at all costs so id expect more tonight if cross is playing as he can

cross is playing better but phil has the experience
    its on a knife edge if cross has the bottle then he wins - just
    he could go out and lose 7 -2
    cant wait

sc86 wrote: »
    the ****e talk on social media is a fever pitch

taylor has been at the dark arts for as long as im watching it
    the players should expect it and get on with it or do it back

the yearly viewers calling it bitter from anderson and hes a sore loser? he said nothing after the match and took his defeat on the chin
    anderson should not have let it get to him

phil will want to win this at all costs so id expect more tonight if cross is playing as he can

cross is playing better but phil has the experience
    its on a knife edge if cross has the bottle then he wins - just
    he could go out and lose 7 -2
    cant wait

Can you imagine today's snowflakes playing with bristow in his day, or manly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What time are they actually on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Shane732 wrote: »
    What time are they actually on stage at?

Around 8.15 I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

here we go

enjoy guys

Advertisement