Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

At the end of the day it’s about throwing darts not faffing about like Taylor or your man against MVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Taylor treating it like an exhibition, ****ty way to bow out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Taylor is a pompous c’ck but I can’t help but feel a twinge of sadness seeing him go down like this. At the end of the day, all he’s beaten to get here is a crocked Gary Anderson and a rookie caught in the headlights. He’s being badly shown up by a player who will undoubtedly go on to win multiple world championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

I don't think m.v.g would have dismantled Taylor,like cross is doing.Unreal darts.This is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Ya'd think Taylor could just play darts on his last ever game instead of being a silly prick...but no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Tops will fall out of fashion if Cross keeps up his persistence in taking out D18. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Taylor is Cross's hero. Taylor himself was distraught when he did this to Bristow way back when. I'd say Cross will be respectful and even deferential.

Hopefully before 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I now also hope Cross signs the board for Taylor and sends him on his merry way

:D:D: D

That would possibly be the greatest thing to ever happen on an oche.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cross is a monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

did not show Taylor walking off that time in case he did something worse than the last time :rolleyes:

and again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Cross is just eating any finish from 40-100 with 2 darts as clinically as any player I have ever seen. Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I wondering is Cross just another Leicester City moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

In all seriousness now, Taylor should also leave the stage after its over, He may be retiring, but Cross is the world champion and its all about him, will he do it, unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

mdwexford wrote: »
    Cross is a monster.
    I think we were of the minority hoping for a Taylor win.But this cross young lad, is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

where does cross go in world rankings with a win here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

EPAndlee wrote: »

Robs bank balance will be ok for a long long time

unbelievable performance by him

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No because all his opponents won't be signing new players next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

He's been excellent all year long. Not just one tournament. Won a few small ones, done well in some bigger ones and now on the cusps of the World Championship. I reckon he'll be at the top end of the rankings for a while to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Doesn't look like it.

He's the new and improved version of The Machine.

T2, if you will

This is staggering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know Taylor isn't the nicest person in the world but j@ysus he's being destroyed by the better player and he knows it, I think people are reading too much into his "antics", I think he's just finsihing his last game and knows it's coming to the end so is having fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Amazing to think he was an amateur last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

lambayire wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it.

He's the new and improved version of The Machine.

T2, if you will

This is staggering.

James Wade??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clareman wrote: »
    I know Taylor isn't the nicest person in the world but j@ysus he's being destroyed by the better player and he knows it, I think people are reading too much into his "antics", I think he's just finsihing his last game and knows it's coming to the end so is having fun

Its the world final, he should be paying his opponent the respect he deserves, not acting the lad, i bet he wouldnt like it if it were happening to him

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

James Wade??

No, the Terminator!!

But James Wade's nickname did cross my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Cmon Cross don't slack now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Its the world final, he should be paying his opponent the respect he deserves, not acting the lad, i bet he wouldnt like it if it were happening to him

He still has to turn back on and throw the darts, I think he's playing the occasion not the man now, he knows he's beaten and is enjoying it as well as having fun like when he wins a leg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Poor effort at bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    I think we were of the minority hoping for a Taylor win.But this cross young lad, is amazing.

Me too about Phil but I’m in awe at cross he’s been unstoppable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭klose

Finish this up please cross couldn't be arsed looking at Taylor treating this like a joke exhibition game.

Advertisement