Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What a performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m actually losing respect for Cross for this crap. Taylor was trying to wind him up for the entirety of that match, don’t let him hold the bloody trophy!

But Cross won it today.. thats what matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Great win for Cross, now the picks for the Premier League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’m actually losing respect for Cross for this crap. Taylor was trying to wind him up for the entirety of that match, don’t let him hold the bloody trophy!

My stream cut out. Thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

mdwexford wrote: »
    Cross is some player.

That was magical darts in the highest pressure game of all.

Good that he showed a lot more class after the match than a lot of people on this thread.

Good riddance to Phil Taylor, its brilliant to see his career end in failure.
    Class???? When did Taylor ever show any.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fair play to Mickey Flanagan for lending Rob his voice

Cannot be unheard!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What. A. Bollox.

Who won this match again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That's the one! Been bugging me for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Turtyturd wrote: »
    My stream cut out. Thankfully.

same here not goona even refresh it coudnt be listenen to taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clareman wrote: »
    Last year he was an amateur at home, this year he is world champion, how many other lads will this bring through??

Who knows, but it should give everybody in the PDC a shot in the arm, if he can do it, we can to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Great for darts in general as well, MVG was steamrollering everyone and it was getting monotonous

Betcha we see Taylor make a comeback

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Its being the bigger man.

Phil just looks more and more small time with the antics.

Taylor was being a dick but its never bad to see sportsmanship and graciousness. Fair play to Cross i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I say fair play to Cross, no point in reducing himself to Taylors levels, Taylor is a despicable human being but the reality is that darts would still be a backwater sport, If not for Taylor and a few others, but Taylor primarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuk off now Taylor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Unless he wasn't able to on his own, silly from Cross to ask Phil to come over to lift it with him. He won. His trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rob cross won the bloody match didn't he ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cross absolutely destroyed Taylor, the biggest snake in darts. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Fair play to Cross very classy showing Taylor the respect he deserves on his last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Taylor is gonna become a John Terry like figure, just showing up on stage in his shirt every year when they are presenting the trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can't stop hearing it now :P

Ya know just we're gonna get the 'im to old' schtick again, no phil, your'e just getting beat by a better player and i hope you recognise that

And there we have it, im to old and iv'e no interest, what a sh1tty way to talk in front of the guy who just beat him in the world final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Its being the bigger man.

Phil just looks more and more small time with the antics.

Being the bigger man is wishing Phil well in his retirement, not handing him over what you’ve worked your whole career for, just for a cheesy photo op.

Differing ways of looking at it I guess, I personally loathed it but each to their own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cross and Taylor have the same sponsors, Cross has been told what to do

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think i've won "Taylor post match" bingo.

"I can't hear you."
    "He's like me X years ago."
    "I'm a granddad"
    "mouthing something while in the background of a shot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Felt on Saturday that taylor would rather mvg. Much more personal and more motivation

Looking at Cross on Saturday and his body language afterwards I had no doubt he wouldn't be affected by nerves. Erratic Jamie Lewis he ain't, his style is much more sound and plays percentages well. His ability to bounce back after a poor throw is arguably the best I've seen of any dart player in any tournament

He definitely has the tools and temperament to consistently compete at the top level. I already envisage a massive rivalry with MvG for the foreseeable future

First things first now, change that bloody walk on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I can't stop hearing it now :P

SAUSAGE SANDWICH:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Coming ACROSS as a nice lad,Young cross.,No pun intended.I Can not believe he was born in 1990,God ,I'm ****ing old.

Ive forgotton who won now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Being the bigger man is wishing Phil well in his retirement, not handing him over what you’ve worked your whole career for, just for a cheesy photo op.

Differing ways of looking at it I guess, I personally loathed it but each to their own.

The alternative is ruin the occasion by dragging it off him. How would he prise it out of Taylor's hands without it looking unedifying.

He goes home with the trophy. Not Taylor. The next year of looking at it at home is what he's thinking of

Advertisement