Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 PDC World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

2017: Electrician, never played at a World Championship
    2018: Beats the Greatest Player ever, becomes World Champion

Rob Cross����

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All about Taylor, as per fcuking usual. Him and Sky/Hearn are as despicable as each other, completely overshadowing the best darts performance you could wish to see in a final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Taylor is the Hulk Hogan of darts.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Taylor is gonna become a John Terry like figure, just showing up on stage in his shirt every year when they are presenting the trophy.

Well to be fair now the man is just after finishing his last ever professional darts match at the very very top and he has won 16 world titles over the years. Phenomenal achievement. Not the nicest bloke around but a superb thrower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cross is some character. Doesn't seem too arsed about it all. Some rise from the UK open to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Utter cringe from Taylor, reminds me of David Brent from the Office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He didn't know the words to his favourite song :o:o:o

The alternative is ruin the occasion by dragging it off him. How would he prise it out of Taylor's hands without it looking unedifying.

He goes home with the trophy. Not Taylor. The next year of looking at it at home is what he's thinking of

By not handing it to him in the first place?! Had to double check that I actually read that correctly.

He’s held it enough times, I really hate to see someone lift a trophy when they haven’t earned it, it’s one of the most cringeworthy things in sport and doubly so when you act the maggot like Taylor did tonight (and many other times).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Amazing how disinterested Coss is in all of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sad to see the end of Phill,what an amazing player he was and 16 world championships will never be beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thelad95 wrote: »

Ricky Gerveis to play him in his biopic ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Bingo that's it, thank you :D A sleazey David Brent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Taylor is the Hulk Hogan of darts.

That was the first thing that came to mind for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

" “I suppose I've created an atmosphere where I'm a friend first and a darts player second. Probably an entertainer third.”

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Sad to see the end of Phill,what an amazing player he was and 16 world championships will never be beaten

True I'd say the most world champ wins will be around 7 at most in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cross is totally lost I don't think he knows how amazing that performance was.

When it hits him he won't stop crying or shaking for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Taylor mentioned bet 365 and William Hill sponsor the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m actually losing respect for Cross for this crap. Taylor was trying to wind him up for the entirety of that match, don’t let him hold the bloody trophy!

It's called respect.

Whatever about Phil the man being a díck, Phil the dart player inspired people like Cross who couldn't make the living they do now without Phil turning it into a superstar sport.

Rob Cross got to ask the greatest dart player who ever lived, who he just spanked, to come hold his trophy with him. That would've been a dream for him as he grew up. More power to him. That humility will get him even further.

Cross' handling of the whole post-game has given me even more respect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hococop wrote: »
    Amazing how disinterested Coss is in all of it

I'd say it's a complete blur right now.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's called respect.

Whatever about Phil the man being a díck, Phil the dart player inspired people like Cross who couldn't make the living they do now without Phil turning it into a superstar sport.

Rob Cross got to ask the greatest dart player who ever lived, who he just spanked, to come hold his trophy with him. That would've been a dream for him as her grew up. More power to him. That humility will get him even further.

Cross' handling of the whole post-game has given me even more respect for him.

In fairness, that’s a perspective I can understand when it’s put like that. Some of the other arguments in favour of it on here are completely bogus though. That one at least makes sense, though I still don’t personally like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

OK so who are we going to hate on next now that Phil is gone?

My vote goes to Justin "Walk like an Egyptian" Pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Security should ban him from the players lounge immediately for the lols.

I'd say mvg absolutely hates this, he knows cross doesn't get phased, all the jumping celebrating won't bother him one bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Sparks43 wrote: »

Pipes actually not good enough to hate, a little like Nicholson a few years back, to be an effective hate figure you actually have to be good.

You mean Justin “Head Cold” Pipe?

I've a feeling mvg might take that spot

Cross won the trophy. Surely he reserves the right to do what he likes with it provided he treats it with care?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Will the pressure of catching up on phils record get to MVG head ? he needs a solid 2018 and gameplan if he wants to challenge it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Hococop wrote: »
    I'd say mvg absolutely hates this, he knows cross doesn't get phased, all the jumping celebrating won't bother him one bit

Talk about small margins though

It's easy to forget now but the amount of doubles MvG missed saturday. It goes to show when it's your time it's your time :)

In truth if Jamie Lewis hadn't melted on his doubles he could even have beaten Phil handy enough himself

Advertisement