Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone in Kilkenny Signed Up to Pure Telecom

Options
  • 07-11-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'm not happy with my Vodafone speeds (Kells Road) and recently they said they are raising the price by another €5 pm. This is the second €5 pm rise in 18 mts. 
    Pure Telecom seem to be offering a good deal €24 pm for 6 mts and €50 pm for the next 12. Unlimited Fiber. I've read some mixed reviews. Does anyone have any real life experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm with eir and I've diabolical speed. The problem is that the line to my house in the city isn't capable of higher speeds. If I change, the line will be the same as it's eir who provide the lines for the other companies. I'm waiting to see if the Vodafone line will get to me before eir fibre.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

But if you're not happy with Vodafone speeds, Pure won't be much different.

Phone lines vary, that's why you'll hear mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But if you're not happy with Vodafone speeds, Pure won't be much different.

Phone lines vary, that's why you'll hear mixed reviews.
    I thought Vodafone had their own line. While Sky, Pure Telecom and others rented lines off of Eir? 
    Anyway I think I'll stay clear of Pure. Read some bad reviews and had a strange conversation where they explained they only send out the router and connect you over AFTER the 14 day trial period is over. It protects them they said as they have to rent the line. I made the point that I am being denied the trial period though but just got the response that it's how they do it. I understand that there 'shouldn't' be any change in performance but I just don't think like that transparency and way of doing business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Jesper wrote: »
    I thought Vodafone had their own line. While Sky, Pure Telecom and others rented lines off of Eir? 
    Anyway I think I'll stay clear of Pure. Read some bad reviews and had a strange conversation where they explained they only send out the router and connect you over AFTER the 14 day trial period is over. It protects them they said as they have to rent the line. I made the point that I am being denied the trial period though but just got the response that it's how they do it. I understand that there 'shouldn't' be any change in performance but I just don't think like that transparency and way of doing business!

This is where it can be confusing. Basically almost everyone has a product for sale where they are reselling Eir's copper phoneline broadband products. There are one or two (SMART in the early days and Virgin) had a separate product in some areas but more than likely had a resell of Eir available for the areas they didnt cover.

Recently a few more have entered the "We have our own way of getting to your house" game. Siro, Vodafone and Virgin Media have all started rolling out new services which dont use the Eir copper to get into your house.

So someone like Vodafone might have several different packages available and might be either over Eir's copper or their own lines. Be careful to check which is which.

To make matters all the more simple some of the earlier (slower) package were giving speedy names by their marketing department such as Fiber broadband etc despite it arriving to your home over Eir's copper lines and been no more faster than the other rivals selling Eir's repackaged broadband.

The newer proper fiber products are available in limited areas so you would need to check out the availability of the exact package you are thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Anytime i see the word "Pure" I immediately (in my head mind you) say Shiiiitee. No idea why . I know nothing about their broadband or the company but I picture some marketing tulip  surround by other twats coming up Pure Telecom .
    If you on the kells road within the roundabout then you should be getting good internet with Eir..if you sign up to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

I've decided to go with Sky. Fiber BB only is €39 pm 12 mt contract. From research they have a pretty good reciever and v good customer service. They also had an offer of basic chanells and Fiber BB for €49 for 12 mts (12 mt contract). This comes with a 1tb recording box (Q box) which also works as a signal booster. So I decided to take the channells and BB.

Advertisement