If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TXRZ710 - Adding Dolby Atmos Speakers

Options
  • 07-11-2017 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I would like to add a front pair of Dolby Atmos speakers to my setup and was considering either the Onkyo SKH410s or Elac Debut A4s. The problem is I bought a set of Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers off you a few years ago and the rounded shape of these wouldn't make them suitable for placing upfiring speakers on top I would think. So I think either wall or ceiling mounted speakers would be the way to go. I'm looking to spend somewhere in the region of €150-250 for the pair, do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Whenever you have a minute lads, cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Shred wrote: »
    Whenever you have a minute lads, cheers.
    Apologies Shred.

Thing have been busy here at the store this week.

Yeah the Elac or the Onlyo's could not sit on top of your Tannoy's unfortunately.  You do require a speaker with a good size of footprint to fit those kind of Atmos add ons.

I haven't came across any wall mount Atmos speakers as of yet but in-ceiling has been very popular. We run in-ceiling in our demo room here at the store.

You could look at the Monitor Audio CT165 priced at £105 each ( I could offer a pair at £186.00)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-11974-ct165.aspx

Monitor Audio C165 priced at £114.95 each (I could offer at £205 for the pair).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202897-monitor-audio-c165.aspx

Or their Pro65 priced at £69.00 each. (I could offer for £125 for the pair).
    http://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/pro/pro-65/

Let me know your thoughts.

No worries Kenny and thanks, I'l check those suggestions out.

No worries Kenny and thanks, I'l check those suggestions out.
    No problem at all Shred.

So after much deliberation I'm ready to buy some Atmos speakers! Does the info given previously still stand up or are there other options to consider for ceiling atmos speakers?

• Advertisement

So after much deliberation I'm ready to buy some Atmos speakers! Does the info given previously still stand up or are there other options to consider for ceiling atmos speakers?
    Hi Shred.

The above still stand no problem, apart from the CT165 which are now finished but the C165 are their replacements any way.

There are many many options for in ceiling speakers but the ones listed above are the most commonly used for Atmos.

We use the C165 in our demo room and have also previously used the Pro 65's and both done the job 100%.

Great Kenny, thanks for the response and the C165s are the ones I'm interested in. In terms of sundries, I'll require fire resistant cable for my entire setup (circa 50 meters at a guess) along with (forgive my crappy terminology) 'fire boxes' with acoustic insulation; do you guys do any of that?

Great Kenny, thanks for the response and the C165s are the ones I'm interested in. In terms of sundries, I'll require fire resistant cable for my entire setup (circa 50 meters at a guess) along with (forgive my crappy terminology) 'fire boxes' with acoustic insulation; do you guys do any of that?
    Hi Shred.

We do indeed do the extra bits you require.

For low smoke cable there is the Cambridge Ultra Micro install priced at £3.99 per meter. I could offer at £2.25 per meter giving a total of £112.50 for 50 meters.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200819-ultra-micro-install.aspx

We would also have the fire hoods to fit the C165 the FH10 priced at £39.95 each - I could offer these for £35.00 each.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201152-cambridge-audio-fh10-firehood.aspx

Let me know if these would suit.

Thanks Kenny, I'll be back to you shortly.

Thanks Kenny, I'll be back to you shortly.
    No problem at all Shred.

• Advertisement

No problem at all Shred.

Hi lads, I'd like to proceed with the order; could someone could give me a shout to arrange please?

No problem at all Shred.

Hi lads, I'd like to proceed with the order; could someone could give me a shout to arrange please?
    Hi Shred,

If you drop me a PM with your contact number I'll get that processed for you.

Kind regards

David

Cheers David, I just sent it to you there (calling you Kenny!).

Cheers David, I just sent it to you there (calling you Kenny!).
    No problem I'll get back to you asap!

Thanks folks, I received the first parcel on Saturday and the second arrived on Monday. I likely won't be installing until the end of August but will test in the meantime.

Thanks folks, I received the first parcel on Saturday and the second arrived on Monday. I likely won't be installing until the end of August but will test in the meantime.
    Thanks for letting us know Shred.

Let me know if there are any issues once you have given them a test.

Hi Folks, 

All good with the speakers and they will be installed over the next coupld of weeks. I've decided, while I'm at it, that I should run speaker cable for centre surrounds and will need more - could someone give me a bell to discuss please?

Hi Folks, 

All good with the speakers and they will be installed over the next coupld of weeks. I've decided, while I'm at it, that I should run speaker cable for centre surrounds and will need more - could someone give me a bell to discuss please?
    Hey Shred.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

Hey Shred.

Cheers Kenny.

Hey Shred.

Cheers Kenny.
    Hey Shred.

David should have gave you a call earlier regarding the cable?

• Advertisement

I didn’t get a call Kenny, I’ll PM you my number again.

I didn’t get a call Kenny, I’ll PM you my number again.
    Hey Shred.

Please do we will call you straight away.

Thanks folks, I received the additional cable today.

Thanks folks, I received the additional cable today.
    Excellent! Let me know if you need anything else!

Kind regards

David

Will do David, thanks.

Will do David, thanks.
    Thanks Shred!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.