Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greyhound Account Renewal

• 07-11-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was on a pay per weight account with Greyhound. The service plan was €60 annual charge, and Black Bin - 34c per kg; brown bin 24c per kg.

I received no notification from Greyhound that my service plan was changing. They have since told me they emailed me on 26 June. I didn't receive the email.

The problem is on my new contract which started in August 2017 I was being charged €10 per lift for my black bin. I put my black bin out 7 times in a row at the cost of €70 but with very little waste. In fact a total of 25Kg which would have cost me a total of €9.35 with my old plan. (Obviously if I knew i was being charged €10 per lift I wouldn't have put my bin out each week) I realised something was wrong when more regular top up payments started coming from my account.

I have asked for a refund in the difference but been told this is not possible, I have therefore cancelled my account. I fear my nightmare is not over, reading elsewhere on boards they charged someone €100 for cleaning and sanitation of the bins!

Did anyone else not receive the email from them?
    How can it be possible they can change my contract (which has been of huge financial benefit to them) without me being notified or agreeing to it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It there a possibility that the email ended up in the spam folder, then subsequently got deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

they always tell me that they sent an email, even changed the email address from hotmail to my work one and never receive any notifications of any sort from them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colinnic

I have been getting other emails, account top up, newsletter, account renewal email in 2016. I'm not convinced they sent it to me. The problem could have been at there end. I've yahoo email so if it was spam filtered I can't be the only one affected. They text me bin day reminders so why not text me about some major change like this or better still a good old fashioned letter. Either way I didn't receive anything and I'm out of pocket and a dissatisfied customer so time to try someone else.
    Considering small claims anyone know if its worth it? Chances of success?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colinnic

Greyhound are now claiming they emailed me and wrote to me on the 26th June. So my email doesn't work and my postman doesn't deliver to my house. Or just maybe in fact they didn't!
    Refuse companies are out of control. No easy way to switch provider. Lengthy notice periods (2 months). Small print terms and conditions that are out of control - ie Excessive fees to collect and clean bins (that are 10s of years old) . Paid an annual fee not sure will I get anything back. Shambles.
    They could learn a lot from how you switch phone/internet or utility provider. After your contract period is up you switch with a months notice and no fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Does anyone know what the deposit held goes against?
    If i didn't have money in my account, would they use the deposit held which is one month charge?

• Advertisement
Advertisement