Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP

Options
  • 07-11-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello i am a single mother with one child. Currently living in a 2 bedroom house which is classed as a 1 bed as you cant swing a cat in the small room. My 2 years HAP is finished at the beginning of feburary. Would HAP cover me and my child if i moved to a 3 bedroom house? I get 410€ a month on HAP due to my circumstances. And if i move to a 3 bed house and tge rent is 400 a month. Does it matter how many bedrooms the house has ? Or does it go by how many people is to live in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I'm fairly sure the council won't provide a 3 bed house to a mother and one child !
    Why would you need a 3 bed house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You have to find a home suitable for your needs.
    This means a two-bed house. What makes you think you need 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

hawkelady wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure the council won't provide a 3 bed house to a mother and one child !

She's talking about the HAP scheme, not council housing.

And no, it doesn't matter how many bedrooms in the house ... tricky thing is finding a house within the limits, and a landlord happy to accept HAP. (Technically they're obliged to accept it, doesn't happen in practice though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KaiLee

As long as you find suitable accomadation and a landlord who accept HAP it doesnt matter what sort of place you live in. I think some of the comments above are very judging. Hope you found somewhere suitable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dollydoodles11

KaiLee wrote: »
    As long as you find suitable accomadation and a landlord who accept HAP it doesnt matter what sort of place you live in. I think some of the comments above are very judging. Hope you found somewhere suitable now.

Thanks. Yes i g9t somewhere sorted moving in 2 weeks. Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement