Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir not doing €10 data offers any more?

Options
  • 07-11-2017 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I used to have an ancient meteor 3g sim and would get 7.5gb of data for €10 each month. I switched to a 4g sim today, and it looks like I have to pay at least €20 if I want to receive data. 

I'm a broke college student, €20 per month is a bit expensive. I probably should have done a bit of research before switching, but I was getting spam texts etc and wanted to get a new sim. I think Eir did a mistake getting rid of this offer. Unless of course I'm just blind and there is a cheaper offer.

Comments

N1ccii wrote: »
    I used to have an ancient meteor 3g sim and would get 7.5gb of data for €10 each month. I switched to a 4g sim today, and it looks like I have to pay at least €20 if I want to receive data. 

I'm a broke college student, €20 per month is a bit expensive. I probably should have done a bit of research before switching, but I was getting spam texts etc and wanted to get a new sim. I think Eir did a mistake getting rid of this offer. Unless of course I'm just blind and there is a cheaper offer.

If you switched offer then it doesn't exist anymore afaik.

I'm on the same offer and i couldn't see it there months ago so my understanding was I'm free to stay on it unless i move myself.

It's a bit ridiculous that as data use grows that offer isn't common place across the providers.. in fact nobody came close the last time i looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

N1ccii wrote: »

Hi N1ccii,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid we don't currently have a €10 plan that contains inclusive data. If you changed plans and your previous plan no longer exists, we wouldn't be able to get it back for you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

Advertisement