Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Pole needs to be moved

Options
  • 07-11-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi, i have a telephone pole outside my house that will need to be moved to comply with planning, sight lines, etc. I am not an Eircom customer so have no use for the pole, my neighhbours might though....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

vanman99 wrote: »
    Hi, i have a telephone pole outside my house that will need to be moved to comply with planning, sight lines, etc. I am not an Eircom customer so have no use for the pole, my neighhbours might though....
    accidently hit it with the digger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi vanman99, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

To arrange this you would need to contact our plant alterations team, all details can be found here - http://support.eir.ie/article/plantalterations. They'll be able to assist you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Those details imply that  i should pay to move a pole that is of zero benefit to me, i'm confused. Why should i pay to move a pole i don't need??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

vanman99 wrote:
    Those details imply that i should pay to move a pole that is of zero benefit to me, i'm confused. Why should i pay to move a pole i don't need??

If there was a tree causing an obstruction to your sightlines, who do you think should pay for it's removal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

UrbanFret wrote: »
    accidently hit it with the digger.
    I had the same problem at my house luckily my buddy with a very old tipper truck managed to reverse into it!

BTW OP they will charge over 1000 euros for this.

• Advertisement

Dear Eir, a pole has fallen down outside my house, who should i call?

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Originally posted by vanman99
    Those details imply that i should pay to move a pole that is of zero benefit to me, i'm confused. Why should i pay to move a pole i don't need??

If there was a tree causing an obstruction to your sightlines, who do you think should pay for it's removal?
    I would remove it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

vanman99 wrote:
    I would remove it myself

As the pole, still gonna cost you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Those details imply that  i should pay to move a pole that is of zero benefit to me, i'm confused. Why should i pay to move a pole i don't need??
    Hi vanman99,

I'm afraid a cost may be involved if you are looking to have this pole removed. If the pole has fallen over, you would need to get in touch with our dangerous plants department on 1850245424.

- Adam

Advertisement