Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Years account

Options
  • 08-11-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Couple of questions on this account type please:

1. Can I convert an existing account to a GY account and keep the same account number?
    2. Is the account still subject to a €3,000 minimum balance in order to have no charges?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Couple of questions on this account type please:

1. Can I convert an existing account to a GY account and keep the same account number?
    2. Is the account still subject to a €3,000 minimum balance in order to have no charges?

Many thanks.
    Hi Gillman1998, 

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards. 

A Current account will automatically update to a Golden Years account when you turn 66 years of age. This type of account will not incur the quarterly transaction fees, so it is not necessary to have the €3000 minimum balance in the account in order to qualify for this. 
    If the account hasn't updated to a Golden Years account as of yet and you are over the age of 66, please get in touch with your branch and they will be happy to update this for you. Also just to mention if you have a joint account and one of you is over 66 years of age, this will also qualify you to get the Golden Years account. We have more information on this type of account here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

That's perfect, thanks very much Sarah, appreciate the quick reply.

That's perfect, thanks very much Sarah, appreciate the quick reply.
    You're welcome, please let us know if we can help with anything else :)

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

Sarah, just wondering - can any branch do this for me or does it have to be my home branch?

Sarah, just wondering - can any branch do this for me or does it have to be my home branch?
    Hi Gillman1998, 

Yes you can call into any branch to request this. An advisor will be happy to help you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement