Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand PVC windows

Options
  • 08-11-2017 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

just wondering, anyone have any idea how much 2 x 2nd hand PVC windows might cost? measurements about 1720mm x 1400mm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭superd1978

i was quoted 200-300 by a chap selling stuff on donedeal. he has a warehouse in limerick, its all ex stock, or stuff that didnt fit etc.

can send you his number if you want ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Check adverts and donedeal.
    I sold a full house worth for €500 during the summer.

Also worth buying the windows before you make the opening as you may not get an exact match.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

superd1978 wrote: »
    i was quoted 200-300 by a chap selling stuff on donedeal. he has a warehouse in limerick, its all ex stock, or stuff that didnt fit etc.

can send you his number if you want ;)

thanks a mill superd1978! have already given the measurements to a relation of a friend who is in the business. getting the windows for my father but wasnt sure if it'd be a 50euro job or a 500euro job! and didnt want to give my father a fright either. but thanks anyways. as long as i have a ballpark kind of figure

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise that they may look a bit rough.

Will they comply with current standards?

Victor wrote: »
    Realise that they may look a bit rough.

Will they comply with current standards?

They may not have to comply with current standards of replacing like for like but as you say, you cannot make the situation worse.

Make sure escape widths are there if required.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Should replacement windows comply with current regs?

BryanF wrote: »
    Should replacement windows comply with current regs?

My personal opinion is yes. With regards to opening sections for escape etc
    But, I think the regs allow for like for like replacements. Or, don’t make them any worse!

Advertisement