Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected to Fibre enabled cabinet yesterday (400m away), Eir says I'm not in a fibre

Options
  • 08-11-2017 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I had a phone line connected to my house yesterday. Engineer (from KN) assured me that it was connected to the local cabinet which is approx 400m away (but 700m along the wire). I know this cabinet is fibre enabled (from various maps and all my neighbours have fibre). When I talk to Eir I am told that I am not in a fibre enabled area ... which is just not true. What is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andholm

I just talked to the KN engineer and he has assured me that I was connected to the fibre enabled cabinet GRN1016 and that there must be a glitch in the records because I am 100% in a fibre enabled area and I am connected to the fibre cabinet. He installed my neighbour's (across the road) fibre broadband 2 weeks ago (he would be slightly further from the exchange).
    It just makes no sense and I can't find someone who can help me correct this issue. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I think its the case that eir's database is updated periodically, so it might not show up immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

andholm wrote: »
    I just talked to the KN engineer and he has assured me that I was connected to the fibre enabled cabinet GRN1016 and that there must be a glitch in the records because I am 100% in a fibre enabled area and I am connected to the fibre cabinet. He installed my neighbour's (across the road) fibre broadband 2 weeks ago (he would be slightly further from the exchange).
    It just makes no sense and I can't find someone who can help me correct this issue. 
    Hi andholm, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Apologies for the confusion here, feel free to PM me your account details and name on the account and I'll clarify this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

andholm wrote: »

Hi andholm,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement